Chicago Bears @ New Orleans Saints, 9/18/11

balta1701-A

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as prepared as we were last week we were equally as ill-prepeared this week. Cutler has no time to throw, Defense has been on the field seemingly all game and are gassed. the team just seems to have quit.

Won't be easy this year. GB back on top, minny winning, and Det kicking the crap out of KC (starting to be a pattern for KC)

No but I'm saying, if the Saints blitz, that means somebody is open and more times than not they send more than 1 guy. Martz has to stop with the long drop backs because it's killing Cutler's ability to get rid of the ball quickly to the guys running crossing routes.

Gotcha. It does stand to reason that someone has to be open, but every time Cutler is pressured and gets rid of the ball, it's to a guy who has someone draped all over him. I wonder if Cutler is simply not reading the opening or if he isn't getting enough time to read the opening?

Gotcha. It does stand to reason that someone has to be open, but every time Cutler is pressured and gets rid of the ball, it's to a guy who has someone draped all over him. I wonder if Cutler is simply not reading the opening or if he isn't getting enough time to read the opening?

Well it doesn't help that our starting WR's are probably two of the worst route running receivers in the league. Knox and Hester are notorious for screwing things up and it makes Cutler into having to be a miracle worker with this offense.

Keep spiiiinnnnniinnnnggggg. Round and round, round and round.

Its hilarious.

So you think Martz and the seven step drops have been good calls this game?

Dude. You're an idiot. Go back to last week's game thread. Read it. If you don't, you're both a liar and lazy. I called out Martz. So did you. But I pointed out more positives than you did, and you pointed out more negatives than I did. And when you got called on something (i.e. when you were wrong about blocking responsibilities), you refused to go back and admit your error. I actually did look at the recording twice and confirmed what I saw. But you ran away from it, and then later tried to act like you thought Martz had a good game (because everyone else was saying so). If I recall correctly, you said Martz was being "clowned." You were wrong last week. If you had said so this week, you might be right.

Speaking of this week, I've already mentioned more than once that there needs to be more running.

The only thing hilarious is the fact that you have some sort of game viewing practice that doesn't allow you to see the obvious.

I'll say that the "O" didn't look as prepared this week as last. Glad to know (hope) that Barber will be back next week and maybe R. Williams. :pray That should get the Bears back on track with their running game...pretty much all Forte today. Didn't see as many screens and delays that probably would have been more helpful. But...bottom line, Martz is a way better coordinator than Turner ever was (if there is a comparison to be made).

As far as the D goes, I can only say that besides having to face one of the more elite QB's in Brees, it looked like they were a bit gassed today. Brian looked tired at the beginning of the game...understandably so.

Next week the team will come back more ready and prepared. It will be good for them to be home and facing their most hated rival. Should prove to be a good game.

So, it appears that the options are:

A] Get Cutler drilled if he drops back more than 3-steps

B] Throw a quick slant that gets a Bears' WR killed

Remind me again what the Bears can do when the OL doesn't open holes for the running attack and can't block in a passing situation for more than a 3-step drop? As we have seen, call a screen enough times and that will get the RB killed.

Remind me again what the Bears can do when the OL doesn't open holes for the running attack and can't block in a passing situation for more than a 3-step drop? As we have seen, call a screen enough times and that will get the RB killed.

The OL has killed us.

They are giving the saints far too much credit defensively... Our offensive line is a freaking sieve the most animated they've gotten was the little skirmish. Saints capitolized on a pathetic offensive line... congrats you are wonderful.... lots of dirty players on that defense.

They did it all last year, too. They never really mention how shitty the Bears' OL is...they just mention how great the other team is doing.

Jay Cutler has, by far, the toughest job in the NFL. I would refuse to play behind such a pathetic offensive line. It's the same shit every year and we never fix it. Embarassing.

Is there any NFL Team better at wasting offensive talent than the Bears? Jay is in his 3rd season here and has not had decent line play yet. FO decided our offensive line is perfectly fine no need to upgrade in the offseason outside of drafting Carimi.

Jay Cutler has, by far, the toughest job in the NFL. I would refuse to play behind such a pathetic offensive line. It's the same shit every year and we never fix it. Embarassing.

And some of us have been saying so for nearly 5 years! But noooooo, even after Cutler nearly got murdered last year, the Bears barely addressed the biggest need, the naysayers still rode the coaching staff's nutsack, and Cutler has still taken a beating this year in two games.

OL sucked, but I think we were too quick to give up on the run. You have to at least try, and we didn't. 10 total carries for Forte. I think one for Bell. Shit. Did we even have a carry in the 2nd half.

Rip the OL. You know I will. But are you helping the OL when you pass every down.

Also, how many empty backfields did we see. If your OL are struggling to block, wouldn't it make sense to put in an extra blocker rather?

I am fine ripping the OL, but to me, the coaches are just as much to blame. They didn't put the players in a great situation today