Chicago Bears @ New Orleans Saints, 9/18/11

balta1701-A

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the Bears game but I'm watching this one. Cam Newton is making the Packers defense look like swiss cheese.

Good stuff there lol here's to that continuing. A bear win today and a Packers loss would be nice

Bears just held the Saints to a FG in the red zone. Hester was a shoestring from breaking a long return possibly.

Martz better get this offense moving

Dude, WTF did Martz do to you? Did he touch you in improper places when you were a youngster in peewee football or something? My goodness it's ridiculous how much you irrationally hate this dude. If the WRs are getting blanketed, and the Saints have a free rusher on every other play, there isn't much Martz or Cutler can do on pass plays. Other than that quick hitter like the one to Bennett earlier in the game that almost cost the Bears a starting WR, there aren't many options.

Dude, WTF did Martz do to you? Did he touch you in improper places when you were a youngster in peewee football or something? My goodness it's ridiculous how much you irrationally hate this dude. If the WRs are getting blanketed, and the Saints have a free rusher on every other play, there isn't much Martz or Cutler can do on pass plays. Other than that quick hitter like the one to Bennett earlier in the game that almost cost the Bears a starting WR, there aren't many options.

lol, why do you love him so much? Is he your husband?

In all seriousness, I have given him credit when the credit was due, but for all of this genius stuff thrown at him by you, he hasn't been great. Its funny, you used to rip Turners ass every game and Martz has not been better.

lol, why do you love him so much? Is he your husband?

In all seriousness, I have given him credit when the credit was due, but for all of this genius stuff thrown at him by you, he hasn't been great. Its funny, you used to rip Turners ass every game and Martz has not been better.

I don't love him nearly as much as you hate him. You rail on the dude when it's VERY apparent that there isn't a thing he could do to help the offense. At a certain point you have to realize that A] There isn't a single WR on the team getting open, and B] The OL isn't performing very well since Cutler has been under pressure the entire game. And when the OL DOES hold up, which isn't often, see A.

The big difference between Martz and Turner, other than the disparity with which I ripped him and you rip Martz (I didn't rip him nearly as much as you rip Martz) is that Martz puts in plays that would confuse and surprise the opponents' defense if the Bears' players held up their end of the bargain, while Turner put in plays that surprised absolutely no one, could be called pre-snap by the average fan, and demanded perfect execution from the offense in order for success. The former can succeed when the Bears' O doesn't perform perfectly because there may be defensive confusion; the latter can't.

had we not given up that cheap TD we'd be up by 1. Saints will get the ball to start the half. D needs to come out and make a statement to start the second half and get the ball rolling.

On the brighter note Packers losing 13-0 to the Panthers.

You're right. The difference in this game is one mental mistake by the Bears' secondary. Otherwise it's pretty even and the Bears probably have the overall edge.

had we not given up that cheap TD we'd be up by 1. Saints will get the ball to start the half. D needs to come out and make a statement to start the second half and get the ball rolling.

On the brighter note Packers losing 13-0 to the Panthers.

Agreed.

Good last drive by Cutler on just taking what the Saints gave him as they were keeping everything in front late in the half.

The Bears need to open it up on offense and take some shots down field just get all of that madness out of the box, but there just isn't enough time to drop Cut that deep.

I don't love him nearly as much as you hate him. You rail on the dude when it's VERY apparent that there isn't a thing he could do to help the offense. At a certain point you have to realize that A] There isn't a single WR on the team getting open, and B] The OL isn't performing very well since Cutler has been under pressure the entire game. And when the OL DOES hold up, which isn't often, see A.

The big difference between Martz and Turner, other than the disparity with which I ripped him and you rip Martz (I didn't rip him nearly as much as you rip Martz) is that Martz puts in plays that would confuse and surprise the opponents' defense if the Bears' players held up their end of the bargain, while Turner put in plays that surprised absolutely no one, could be called pre-snap by the average fan, and demanded perfect execution from the offense in order for success. The former can succeed when the Bears' O doesn't perform perfectly because there may be defensive confusion; the latter can't.

Problem with Martz is...if the WR's aren't getting open and the OL isn't performing well, then those reflect on the OC. The WR's getting open quick is a system issue...if that looks like an issue, esp. against a blitzing D like New Orleans...that's something you should have prepared for during the week. The OL breaking down...that's draw play, screen play, and quick slant/quick out time. Get a few of those and force the defense to loosen up.