After 3 Games

adam

Fair enough. I just hate when anyone who disagrees with something "Bears", then immediately, they are told to support a different team. I just expected better from my overly-positive-to-a-fault Bears comrade! ;)

:cheers

Sorry. It was called comparitive reasoning. You don't have to like it but that is how i was rationalizing my disdain for showing disrespect. If I offended you in doing so, then my apologies. But as you said yourself we are all here to express our frustration or jubilation.

I'm Alaskan Grizzly and I support this message. :bears

ha!!!!!!!!!!!!

When management makes a decision that we disagree with, we rip it. That's what we do, just because the McCaskey part of the Halas tradition keeps giving us ammo to rip, doesn't mean we don't respect Papa Bear or anything he did. Even if we had community ownership like GB, we would bitch about the moves the majority made that we didn't agree with.

But to bring up JLo...that's just low...Her music, not her, sucks balls and her acting pleases no-one. However, bringing her into ownership would be a morale boost for the O-Line, because FINALLY, the would collectively have more talent than her...LOL.

:dabears :dabears :dabears

Fair enough. I just hate when anyone who disagrees with something "Bears", then immediately, they are told to support a different team. I just expected better from my overly-positive-to-a-fault Bears comrade! ;)

:cheers

Wasn't really telling them to choose another team, just that it could be worse and to have a little respect. For every Kraft, Blank or Rooney there are Davis, Jones and Snyder.

:drink

Wasn't really telling them to choose another team, just that it could be worse and to have a little respect. For every Kraft, Blank or Rooney there are Davis, Jones and Snyder.

:drink

Would never choose another team, but the McCaskey's need to make some better decisions when it comes to hiring the personnel that puts the product field. JA and Ted aren't getting it done. If ownership hired better people, you know everyone would be happy. Success on the field silences all critics, Week 2 & 3 performances rallies lynch mobs.

Jo-L jokes aside, I think you all are missing his point a bit. He isn't ripping Bear fans for criticizing, or even flat out attacking Bears players, management, etc. He is commenting on fans who not only blame ownership, but say they want new ownership. Who say they want Virginia to sell and go away. Stuff like that. His point is he takes pride, and so should we, in that we have the same ownership (family) who was in charge at the start of football. Just just the start of the team, but the start of football. That history warrants a lot of respect, and I agree, that respect is too often lost today.

Will I trash Mikey and family at times. Absoletely. But am I calling for Mark Cuban to buy the team. Fuk no!

Wow. Really? I'd LOVE it if Mark Cuban bought the Bears. That dude spends money, hires smart people with long pedigrees/proven success/industry respect, and adamantly supports and understands his team yet gets the F out of the way. So he cheers on the sideline. Big deal.

I agree.

Wow. Really? I'd LOVE it if Mark Cuban bought the Bears. That dude spends money, hires smart people with long pedigrees/proven success/industry respect, and adamantly supports and understands his team yet gets the F out of the way. So he cheers on the sideline. Big deal.

While Cuban was just an example, I think it needs to be pointed out he would not run the bears like he does the Dallas Mavericks.

Cuban is a die hard Mavs fan. When he took over the team, he openly said it wasn't as an investment, and in fact, has often said he is willing to lose money running the team in order to win a championship. That is a rare thing.

But that's the Mavs. When he was looking to buy a baseball team, he flat said he was only interested in a new team if it made dollar sense. He wants to make money with any new team he buys. So don't assume he would run the Bears (or another team) the same as he does Dallas.

With that said, Cuban is a glaring exception to the rule. How many owners (or potential owners) out there don't care about making any money off the business, and stay out of business operations? Would you want Snyder? He spends money. How about Jerry Jones? He spends money.

We need to improve our hirings, but aside from that, I don't see the issue with ownership. We spend on par with any other team in the league. How many thought Peppers was out of reach, yet he wears a bears uniform. We spend money. And we have an ownership that stays out of the way as well. The issue is we need a new GM. IMHO, our current ownership can get that done. We don't need to destroy the history we have in our current ownership. We simply need to change the GM.