NO AUDIBLES IS STUPIDEST THING EVER!!!!!

madlithuanian

Seriously. Is there any excuse for this at all? We know that Martz won't have it. Smith is OK'ing it, so he also agrees by assosciation.

This is seriously got to be the dumbest thing in any pro sports ever.

Why not just say we won't line up any running backs...or play without Urlacher. You know, something that could be anvantage. We're so freakin' great that we don't need all the ehelp we can get...we can just play to wonderfully perfect that we don't even need to line up a QB.

It just pains me. I COULD CALL A FREAKING AUDIBLE IN FREAKING HIGH SCHOOL MAN!!!! If the line-up is pass, I'm going to call a freaking draw or something!!! Even Corky from "Life Goes On" could call those! To say Jay can't do it is ridiculous!!!!

This is just a pure one item flaw that really exposes the whole idiocy of this franchise.

We are playing checkers while others play chess. Hell, I think we may only playing tic-tac-toe!

Seriously. Is there any excuse for this at all? We know that Martz won't have it. Smith is OK'ing it, so he also agrees by assosciation.

This is seriously got to be the dumbest thing in any pro sports ever.

Why not just say we won't line up any running backs...or play without Urlacher. You know, something that could be anvantage. We're so freakin' great that we don't need all the ehelp we can get...we can just play to wonderfully perfect that we don't even need to line up a QB.

It just pains me. I COULD CALL A FREAKING AUDIBLE IN FREAKING HIGH SCHOOL MAN!!!! If the line-up is pass, I'm going to call a freaking draw or something!!! Even Corky from "Life Goes On" could call those! To say Jay can't do it is ridiculous!!!!

This is just a pure one item flaw that really exposes the whole idiocy of this franchise.

We are playing checkers while others play chess. Hell, I think we may only playing tic-tac-toe!

I was reading on ESPN question and answer

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chicago/chat/_/id/40418

somewhere in there it says that with the Martz system there are enough options with routes that there is no need for a audibles.

Not that i agree but that is the reasoning

Actually I just read today that Cutler, during a Q&aA, says he "doesn't do audibles". Not sure if he means he doesn't like to or just never thought he had to. Either way it might not be a bad idea to consider.

And here's an article about that. To include some insight by Troy Aikman.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,3501800.story

Not sure what quote you read, but there is actually quite a bit out there that says Martz doesn't allow audibles, and further, they manner in which I have read Cutler's comments sure sound like a player frustrated at the lack of ability to call audibles.

Actually I just read today that Cutler, during a Q&aA, says he "doesn't do audibles". Not sure if he means he doesn't like to or just never thought he had to. Either way it might not be a bad idea to consider.

Here's the problem I have with that piece. Aikman played on an offense with a top tier OL, a top tier run game, and top tier weapons.

Elsewhere it was noted a reason we don't allow audibles is because we have numerous routes/options build into each playcall.

I'd argue the problem is/can be that with limited protection, you only really have one or two options on most downs. If you are needing to wait on/look to your 3rd or 4th options, you are likely getting pressured already. Further, how many of those "options" are downfield. Plays that take time to develop, and thus not likely to work when you have protection break downs.

It isn't that the system is bad. I argue the system is bad for this personnel. When your OL struggles, you need plays to compensate.

And here's an article about that. To include some insight by Troy Aikman.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,3501800.story

I've read the same. But an audible and a change in route/options is simply not the same thing.

I was reading on ESPN question and answer

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chicago/chat/_/id/40418

somewhere in there it says that with the Martz system there are enough options with routes that there is no need for a audibles.

Not that i agree but that is the reasoning

The quote's been posted in many Chicago papers...I can't recall the exacts, but it was a cordial way of stating that they don't let him audible.

Not bad to consider? Is there even a question?

Since you guys are convinced he WANTS to call audibles, where has he done it before? Successfully.... I can't find anything where it says whether he did or didn't at Vandy or Denver. I'm not going to insist he doesnt WANT to call audibles but I can translate his words as they are unless I have reason to believe otherwise. Is he frustrated? I would bet he is. Is part of that because he can't call audibles? Who knows?

I assume any QB with half a brain wants the ability to call an audible. I cannot be certain, but I would bet that he could audible in some way, shape or form at both Denver and Vandy. And probably in high school. Most QB's do. Unless they are just pure athletes expected to run or pitch...

I've read the quote numerous times. I have heard it over and over on Comcast. It's painfully apparent to me that he is trying to call out the fact he cannot call audibles while trying not to call out Martz specifically.

I think his frustration is apparent, and related to a vast number of concerns, not just audibles.

Since you guys are convinced he WANTS to call audibles, where has he done it before? Successfully.... I can't find anything where it says whether he did or didn't at Vandy or Denver. I'm not going to insist he doesnt WANT to call audibles but I can translate his words as they are unless I have reason to believe otherwise. Is he frustrated? I would bet he is. Is part of that because he can't call audibles? Who knows?

I assume any QB with half a brain wants the ability to call an audible. I cannot be certain, but I would bet that he could audible in some way, shape or form at both Denver and Vandy. And probably in high school. Most QB's do. Unless they are just pure athletes expected to run or pitch...

I've read the quote numerous times. I have heard it over and over on Comcast. It's painfully apparent to me that he is trying to call out the fact he cannot call audibles while trying not to call out Martz specifically.

I think his frustration is apparent, and related to a vast number of concerns, not just audibles.

This guy needs weapons (WR), defense (OL), and someone to develop a plan for him to do well (OC). If we continue at this rate, we're pissing his career away and squandering a huge opportunity.

Here's the problem I have with that piece. Aikman played on an offense with a top tier OL, a top tier run game, and top tier weapons.

Elsewhere it was noted a reason we don't allow audibles is because we have numerous routes/options build into each playcall.

I'd argue the problem is/can be that with limited protection, you only really have one or two options on most downs. If you are needing to wait on/look to your 3rd or 4th options, you are likely getting pressured already. Further, how many of those "options" are downfield. Plays that take time to develop, and thus not likely to work when you have protection break downs.

It isn't that the system is bad. I argue the system is bad for this personnel. When your OL struggles, you need plays to compensate.

Bingo. Except I think he's nowhere near getting to the third read on 99% of the plays. If he's lucky he gets to the second read.