Bears @ Eagles, 11/7/11

balta1701-A

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a terrible play call on 3rd and 1. A roll out to Kellen Davis? Are you freaking kidding me?

It was only inches away from working, but I agree.

A roll-out with no PA off an empty set....almost worked out anyway.

Should have just rode Barber there as he is bitching these guys. (20/20 glasses)

To all the media nay sayers and some of those posters who thought the Eagles were a team that would dominate the Bears, start coming up with your reasons why the Bears will lose to the Lions here next Sunday.

Thank you.

I was also not very impressed by the Eagles Pre-Game Show on Monday Night Countdown courtesy of ESPN..........

Whoever thinks we need OL before WR in this years draft is clueless.

Whoever thinks one game is a thorough reflection of accomplishment and ability over the course of the season is clueless.

They played great this game...but that's the only game they've played great all season. BTW - Notice how good the offense looked when the OL finally dominated a game. This is not a new concept.

Whoever thinks one game is a thorough reflection of accomplishment and ability over the course of the season is clueless.

They played great this game...but that's the only game they've played great all season. BTW - Notice how good the offense looked when the OL finally dominated a game. This is not a new concept.

Well that's an irrelevant statement because nobody thinks that. Anyone with any sensible knowledge of football would have been able to see the futility of our group of WR's outside of Earl Bennett and how much it affected our ability to remain consistent throughout the game. I'm not sure exactly how many drops there was last night but I counted atleast 5. 3 of which were perfectly thrown balls by Cutler thrown 30 some yards down field to open receivers that couldn't make the catch. Roy Williams I believe had two gimmes and Hester had the one that bounced off his hands. Steve Smith makes those catches in his sleep. Normally those drops come back to haunt you but luckily, Philly couldn't turn us into a one dimensional team because the run game was destroying them.

Well that's an irrelevant statement because nobody thinks that. Anyone with any sensible knowledge of football would have been able to see the futility of our group of WR's outside of Earl Bennett and how much it affected our ability to remain consistent throughout the game. I'm not sure exactly how many drops there was last night but I counted atleast 5. 3 of which were perfectly thrown balls by Cutler thrown 30 some yards down field to open receivers that couldn't make the catch. Roy Williams I believe had two gimmes and Hester had the one that bounced off his hands. Steve Smith makes those catches in his sleep. Normally those drops come back to haunt you but luckily, Philly couldn't turn us into a one dimensional team because the run game was destroying them.

Your original statement sure made it sound like you believed that. Considering this is the first game the Bears' OL put it all together and actually gave Cutler consistent time to throw, I wouldn't say it's time to put the OL on the back burner in favor of a WR just because the Bears' WRs have had some dropsies. No doubt the OL and WR are the tops needs, but I'd like to see the OL have more than one game in a row in which they are consistently good. Until then, the OL, by nearly all accounts, is a greater need.

After all, look at how good the team's offense is when the OL actually plays well...like last night. Even with the WR inconsistencies, the offense looked good. The reason why? Consistent OL. One game. We've got a ton of games to use as imperical data on poor offensive performances with a bad OL. Let's have a few games in a row where the OL actually grades out better than Forrest Gump in AP Calculus before we start declaring WR the #1 position of need.