Bears vs. Chiefs

DABEARSDABOMB

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jinxed us.

But that was an interesting nugget from the announcer.

The Chiefs were last in the league with 13 total sacks before this game. They got 6 in THIS GAME ALONE. That means the Bears OL is freaking horrible. There is no debating this.

--edit--

7 sacks.

I'm noticing a whole lot of bad from this offense. Terrible quarterback play, terrible WR play, terrible offensive line play, terrible play calling.. This is one of the worst offensive games I have ever seen from a Bears team dating back to the days of Craig Krenzel and Jonathon Quinn.

Lets look for these things in the off season:

Draft a number 1 receiver.

Get a GOOD ocoordinator.

With these two things, the Bears would be in the playoffs every year.

Well hopefully we will get a number one receiver in the 1st round.

If we do, you guys better hope he is the first read on every pass play and can get open each time, because there is no way in hell this OL gives the QB enough time to get to the second read on a consistent basis.

You mean besides the TD play that our "#1" receiver tipped up for a INT

No doubt. A huge mistake. I cursed him for it. But we would not have been in that position if the OL had done a half-way professional job the rest of the game. But Roy Williams is a better WR than the guys on the OL are at their jobs.

The Chiefs had the worst pass rush in the NFL before this game. Barely 1 sack per game. 6 versus the Bears.

OL problems > WR problems

Hanie (or our recievers not getting open) was the cause of some of those pressures/sacks. It's great to able drop back and feel no hurry, but in the NFL the M.O. is supposed to be 5-steps-back, pause, then throw. Not 5-steps back, pause, then take off when you don't find an open reciever and you end up getting sacked.

Hanie was bigtime pressured though, don't get me wrong. I'm not taking sides on the WR vs. OL debate. I just want the QB/WRs held responsible for the part they played too.

As far as I'm concerned, everything went out the door when Cutler went out with his injury. It's foolish to start evaluating our guys now that we have no quarterback and now with Matt's injury, no running back. Just as Cutler makes everyone around him better, Caleb Haine makes everyone around him worse. As I mentioned before, everyone had their share of bad in this game and lets leave it at that. Before Cutler went down, the line was playing tremendous football and the WR's were still bad outside of Earl Bennett. There is no reason to draft another OL in the draft when we will be picking in the mid-upper teens in the 1st round. Nobody picks guards that early in the draft, so why not use it to upgrade your talent at a skill position? I can't wait to see who we end up with when this offseason begins. Cutler for once, will have somebody to throw the ball to.

As far as I'm concerned, everything went out the door when Cutler went out with his injury. It's foolish to start evaluating our guys now that we have no quarterback and now with Matt's injury, no running back. Just as Cutler makes everyone around him better, Caleb Haine makes everyone around him worse. As I mentioned before, everyone had their share of bad in this game and lets leave it at that. Before Cutler went down, the line was playing tremendous football and the WR's were still bad outside of Earl Bennett. There is no reason to draft another OL in the draft when we will be picking in the mid-upper teens in the 1st round. Nobody picks guards that early in the draft, so why not use it to upgrade your talent at a skill position? I can't wait to see who we end up with when this offseason begins. Cutler for once, will have somebody to throw the ball to.

Tremendous? Really? I can only think of one tremendous game.

As for the draft, it depends on BPA. If the top two WRs (Blackmon & Jeffery) are gone - they will be - then I see no problem picking a Center like Konz from Wisconsin, or an OG like DeCastro from Stanford or Glenn from Georgia.