Roy Williams

jason

When I watched the game against the Raiders I noted that Roy Williams looked faster than just about every other WR out of breaks in the pregame. And during the game he was open several times and just didn't see the ball. Why that happened is anyone's guess, but I'm 99% sure it's because he wasn't the first read and there wasn't enough time to get to the second read consistently. With Knox out, it appears that Williams is the #1 read and target...and was open. 6 catches for 81 yards could have easily been 7 for close to 100 if one other pass wasn't chucked at his feet.

So it brings me to the question in the header, for those who have seen more games in person this year (particularly if you're a season-ticket holder), has Roy Williams been open?

When I watched the game against the Raiders I noted that Roy Williams looked faster than just about every other WR out of breaks in the pregame. And during the game he was open several times and just didn't see the ball. Why that happened is anyone's guess, but I'm 99% sure it's because he wasn't the first read and there wasn't enough time to get to the second read consistently. With Knox out, it appears that Williams is the #1 read and target...and was open. 6 catches for 81 yards could have easily been 7 for close to 100 if one other pass wasn't chucked at his feet.

So it brings me to the question in the header, for those who have seen more games in person this year (particularly if you're a season-ticket holder), has Roy Williams been open?

What I see from Williams:

He does get open more often than the other WR's

He looks faster in and out of breaks. (weird cause he's a bigger guy)

Looks to be a polished route runner

Good in run support

Makes some great catches

Here's the bad part:

Lazy in the off season

Not mentally tough

drops crucial passes

dumbass with the media

I hate to say this(and Terra will vomit) but, if he would sign a friendly contract with fitness and performance incentives, I think we should do it. Especially not knowing what the off season will bring. Hurd gone and I don't like Hester and Knox as WR's.

I really hope they make a splash for VJack, Bowe or Wayne. Sign a guy like Garcon. Use a high draft pick on a big reciever.

Corps could look like(big signing, Bennett, Garcon, Roy, rookie and Hester. That I could live with...

Chicago Bears wide receiver Roy Williams, who has shown only occasional flashes of productivity this season, says he would like to re-sign with the team next season.

“I feel like I made plays when the opportunity came," Williams, 30, said Wednesday at Halas Hall. "Of course, everybody is going to bring up the negative, which is fine. But for the most part I think I made enough plays. I would be happy to re-sign, but if not, you know I will continue on elsewhere.”

Williams has 33 catches for 447 yards and one touchdown this season. He had a season-high six catches for 81 yards in last Sunday’s loss at Green Bay. Williams will be an unrestricted free agent after the season.

“This is a good football team. I’m looking for the team that can go to the playoffs and go to the Super Bowl,” Williams said. “And I don’t think there’s a better team than the Chicago Bears, in my honest opinion.”

Link

If were just going off of what we can get from someone production wise and ignoring everything else Id rather have TO then Roy, assuming hes healthy. Roys streaky production isnt enough to compensate for stuff like what he did at the end of the KC game and all the third down drops he has had. If he was a good team player or had a great work ethic then maybe Id feel different but Ive seen enough of him to know he wont be a contributor when we need him.

Guest TerraTor
Well it helps if you could complete a pass to him without worrying about whether or not he's going to fall down, let it drop from his hands, or deflect it to a safety that results in a pick. He's garbage.

Cough. Cough... I couldnt have said or typed it better.

The one chucked at his feet should have been caught. The announcers spent a minute talking about how maybe it was Roy's injury or just Roy being Roy but he needed to come back on the ball and if he did, the ball would have been at his hip.