10 Reasons to be excited

Chitownhustla

1. The easy one- JA is gone!!!!!!!!

2. Not so sure about -Martz is gone, sounds like there was a divide in the front office lovie, JA and Martz, for Cutler i am on the fence with this one

3. We have the QB- any up and comer will see that the hardest part is done, the QB spot is set

4. We have the RB- as long as they resign him, from Clayton on Espn the difference was 2 million so not far off

5. We have a good core of Defensive players to add around and be really good for a couple of years

6. We were 7- 3 before Cutler went down- imagine if the oline and wr groups are upgraded

7. We have a 1st,2nd and two 3rd's in this draft that a new GM can really put his name on and start the new era

8. There could be some good FA's in area's of need for the Bears

9. Two of our first round OL will be back and hopefully healthy

10. The Bears have shown that they do not make knee jerk reactions- they gave JA 11 years, potential GM's can have a good feeling that as long as they do somewhat well they will have job secruity.

I know Lovie is staying and that could be a thing that makes potential GM's stay away but i think there are too many good things to really keep a good GM from coming to the Bears!

This is not a total rebuilding project, a few key additions through FA and a couple of hits through the draft and a new GM could make a name for himself.

2. Not so sure about -Martz is gone, sounds like there was a divide in the front office lovie, JA and Martz, for Cutler i am on the fence with this one

3. We have the QB- any up and comer will see that the hardest part is done, the QB spot is set

4. We have the RB- as long as they resign him, from Clayton on Espn the difference was 2 million so not far off

5. We have a good core of Defensive players to add around and be really good for a couple of years

6. We were 7- 3 before Cutler went down- imagine if the oline and wr groups are upgraded

7. We have a 1st,2nd and two 3rd's in this draft that a new GM can really put his name on and start the new era

10. The Bears have shown that they do not make knee jerk reactions- they gave JA 11 years, potential GM's can have a good feeling that as long as they do somewhat well they will have job secruity.

I know Lovie is staying and that could be a thing that makes potential GM's stay away but i think there are too many good things to really keep a good GM from coming to the Bears!

This is not a total rebuilding project, a few key additions through FA and a couple of hits through the draft and a new GM could make a name for himself.

Well said. But the new GM better build around the QB and leave the D'fence to Lovie.

You dont get measured by 7-3, we were 8 and 8. Our defense is sliding fast, no one will look at it as a good defense going forward. The only thing that will work is if he is given control with Lovie being a possible one and out. And lots of money.

And that we don't have a John Lynch/Bob Sanders/Mike Brown guy at safety...

And that we don't have the Warren Sapp/Tommie Harris guy.

The Lovie-2 needs a pass rushing DT, a hyper-mobile MLB, and a smart FS who takes the right angles.

Right now the Bears have just the MLB, but even Urlacher will lose speed eventually.

exactly!

Having 1 out of 3 spots locked doesn't bode well.

And that we don't have the Warren Sapp/Tommie Harris guy.

The Lovie-2 needs a pass rushing DT, a hyper-mobile MLB, and a smart FS who takes the right angles.

Right now the Bears have just the MLB, but even Urlacher will lose speed eventually.

exactly!

Having 1 out of 3 spots locked doesn't bode well.

Actually Melton did a pretty good job this year in his first as a starter.

For all the criticisms, some justified, or the Tampa 2, there isn't a defense that plays the Packers better than the Bears. They throw all over every other team, but at times really struggle against the Bears.

Actually Melton did a pretty good job this year in his first as a starter.

For all the criticisms, some justified, or the Tampa 2, there isn't a defense that plays the Packers better than the Bears. They throw all over every other team, but at times really struggle against the Bears.

I used to think that until this season. They threw all over the Bears in each of those games this year. Could be our guys getting older or that Aaron Rodgers is getting better. The defense that plays them the best are the ones that can mix it up with man to man defense and zone while getting consistent pressure on Rodgers. The Chiefs have been the only team to do that so far this year. I think San Fran can do the same thing if given the opportunity.