Quinton Coples at 19?

Bears4Ever_34

I found it interesting that the latest mock from Walter Football.com has us taking Coples at #19. Before free agency it seemed as if Coples was a lock to land in the top 10. But Cambell suggests it may not be the case.

Coples slides in this mock and I think it could happen on draft day. There just isn't a big buzz about him around the league. With the Bills signing Mario Williams that could easily have taken away one of Coples' early options. He has to convince the Jaguars or Dolphins to draft him in the top 10.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012charlie_1.php

Buffalo could always grab another DE in the first to pair up with Mario Williams, so that is always a possibility. But a team like Miami might have to take a quarterback now with Flynn and Manning both turning them down during the free agency period.

It's an interesting proposition we'd have if Coples slips. He had a down year for a senior but his combine was impressive and the measurables are all there to be a solid pro. If he's there for us at 19, do we take him?

I'm actually thinking a trade down at 19 wouldn't be that bad right now. The bulk of the value appears to be in the early second round, and if the Bears could figure out a way to get two picks in the second they could reap serious rewards.

I'm actually thinking a trade down at 19 wouldn't be that bad right now. The bulk of the value appears to be in the early second round, and if the Bears could figure out a way to get two picks in the second they could reap serious rewards.

The second round will rarely give you a player you can get at 19. I seriously think someone like Coples will drop to where we will be surprized by our pick.

Guest TerraTor
The second round will rarely give you a player you can get at 19. I seriously think someone like Coples will drop to where we will be surprized by our pick.

Ya I agree. Jerry is gone so actually draft in the 1st Round..

Even if Miami or Jacksonville pass, there are other teams would who likely take him. Tennessee, San Diego and Dallas are all looking for pass rushers too. Seems exceedingly unlikely he falls, unless there is something about him we don't know that the teams do.

If both there at 19... what do you do?

Floyd, Coples???? Trade down in round 1? if a 2nd involved?

After picking up Marshall, in this scenario I"m taking Coples. DE is now more of a need than WR and solving that will help the rest of the D.