Salary Cap

azbearsfan

I think the whole thing gets cool until after the draft. If you look at complete lists of FAs, there are a TON out there. http://www.nfl.com/freeagency I would guess they become the one year contract veterans that get signed later in the process.

I thought last year, and still do this year that the Bears should look at Manny Lawson as an OLB who could also put his hand on the ground in nickel situations. There are also a lot of veteran OL available.

I suspect the Bears hit the draft and then fill needs with low cost vets at that time...as for now I suspect it will be boring until the draft.

I think the whole thing gets cool until after the draft. If you look at complete lists of FAs, there are a TON out there. http://www.nfl.com/freeagency I would guess they become the one year contract veterans that get signed later in the process.

I thought last year, and still do this year that the Bears should look at Manny Lawson as an OLB who could also put his hand on the ground in nickel situations. There are also a lot of veteran OL available.

I suspect the Bears hit the draft and then fill needs with low cost vets at that time...as for now I suspect it will be boring until the draft.

Mannn anyone else used to draft him late in madden and put him at DE, he goes from like a 70 somethin to a 90 somethin...havent followed him in real life but has he played any DE??? If he came cheap I would like that signing.

Jensen tweeted the Bears have about $7.5 million left.

What are some values we can get?

He may not necessarily be correct. It seems like that number changes depending on who you ask.

I heard on the SCORE we were looking at Brandon Marshall's contract to make it more cap friendly.

Looking at PFT's top 100 free agent list, there are 4 ok offensive tackles available. Marcus McNeil, Anthony Collins, Demetrius Bell, and Kareem McKenzie. There's also a few corners available.

Granted, it's only a week into free agency, but we have so many needs to fill.

Michael Bush is still out there, and Cutler and he have been texting back and forth. Wasn't that big of a fan a week ago when there were still other potential free agents available but now, everyone has pretty much signed with a team. Forte and Bush would be a pretty damn good combo of quickness and power. Basically an upgrade over Marion Barber. It would be more of a luxury than a need but if they're willing to spend some extra money, it might be worth it for a couple reasons.

1- Use him as leverage in case Forte decides to hold out during the season; meaning at worst, you atleast have Michael Bush, who proved to be one of the better running backs in football last year. Wouldn't be losing a whole lot.

2- Saves both Bush and Forte from having to carry the load over the course of a season. In this league, it is essential that you have atleast 2 solid runningbacks to get you through the season. After a while, using Forte as much as we have in the past will eventually catch up to him. He is a running back after all. These things tend to happen quicker than most positions in the league.

Michael Bush is still out there, and Cutler and he have been texting back and forth. Wasn't that big of a fan a week ago when there were still other potential free agents available but now, everyone has pretty much signed with a team. Forte and Bush would be a pretty damn good combo of quickness and power. Basically an upgrade over Marion Barber. It would be more of a luxury than a need but if they're willing to spend some extra money, it might be worth it for a couple reasons.

1- Use him as leverage in case Forte decides to hold out during the season; meaning at worst, you atleast have Michael Bush, who proved to be one of the better running backs in football last year. Wouldn't be losing a whole lot.

2- Saves both Bush and Forte from having to carry the load over the course of a season. In this league, it is essential that you have atleast 2 solid runningbacks to get you through the season. After a while, using Forte as much as we have in the past will eventually catch up to him. He is a running back after all. These things tend to happen quicker than most positions in the league.

Bush had almost a 1,000 yards rushing and caught 37 balls out of the backfield for over 400 yards, and that was sharing carries and reps with McFadden for 6 games. He is probably one of the best complimentary backs in the NFL.

He would give us so much more than Barber.

He would give us so much more than Barber.

I say cut Barber sign Bush. Then we will have a great one two punch even though Bell was ok....keep his fumbling ass of the field. Now we still have a need at LT,WR, CB, DE, LB and Safety which I think we will fill in the draft, unless they go after Bell OT from the Bills or Collins OT from the Bengals. Hawthorne at LB, as the last additions headed into the draft.

I wish I knew where Jensen was getting his numbers. I think he's way off. I'll try to come up with a more realistic number tonight.

His numbers jibe with the self-proclaimed cap guy on the chicago bears message board. I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

I wish I knew where Jensen was getting his numbers. I think he's way off. I'll try to come up with a more realistic number tonight.

I cant say he is any smarter than anyone else,except its his job and I would say he didnt pick that out of the air. If he is exact, I would say he is close.