Okoye not coming back

Stinger226

Guest TerraTor
Emery stated that they offered Okoye a contract and he has decided to take visits with several clubs.

For a former Top10.... no big deal

I feel Paea with brute strength is bound for Bears Greatness

Someone that f'ing strong should be able to succeed on the DLine...

I hope you are right, but then again who is to say that Okoye might see that his value in the FA market isn't what he liked and came back to a winner. Seriuosly the Bengas???? He thinks he can get a ring there faster than he can with the Bears last year was a fluke for both teams us losing and them winning????...........ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are right, but then again who is to say that Okoye might see that his value in the FA market isn't what he liked and came back to a winner. Seriuosly the Bengas???? He thinks he can get a ring there faster than he can with the Bears last year was a fluke for both teams us losing and them winning????...........ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like it's not so much about championships but about $$$. The Bengals have more cap room left to spend than any other team. If you want to get paid, that's one of the few teams left.

It sounds like it's not so much about championships but about $$$. The Bengals have more cap room left to spend than any other team. If you want to get paid, that's one of the few teams left.

Yes you are right....but these guys just crack me up trying to always get paid instead of trying to be on a winning team!!!!

Yes you are right....but these guys just crack me up trying to always get paid instead of trying to be on a winning team!!!!

I'd say 90% of the time it's more about $$$ than winning. Most of today's players are greedy beyond belief, and care more about their three year contract extension than the game in three days.

I'd say 90% of the time it's more about $$$ than winning. Most of today's players are greedy beyond belief, and care more about their three year contract extension than the game in three days.

I would say a min. contract compared to a 3 year, 8 mill. contract is quite a bit of difference. I dont know about what he might get but if it is twice the min. , I understand why you go with that.

Paea did alright coming off a serious knee injury (he was playing about 9mo afterward). With a full offseason to work out he should be improved this year. When we signed two FA CBs my first thought was here comes a DT early in the draft.

I would say that opens the possiblity to drafting a DT high in april.

AGAIN. When was the last time we didn't want to take a DT with one of our top picks? I like Melton & Paea's potential. Toeania is a veteran pro. With Okoye in that mix, we're in pretty good shape.

I would not be shocked if we viewed adding a DT in the first round of the draft a priority over DE and OT.

AGAIN. When was the last time we didn't want to take a DT with one of our top picks? I like Melton & Paea's potential. Toeania is a veteran pro. With Okoye in that mix, we're in pretty good shape.

I would not be shocked if we viewed adding a DT in the first round of the draft a priority over DE and OT.

I think the possiblity of the BPA could be a DT, which wouldnt kill me, but not my plan.

I think the possiblity of the BPA could be a DT, which wouldnt kill me, but not my plan.

It's just frustrating because every damn year we use a high pick on a DT and have very little to show for it. Paea, Jaron Gilbert, Marcus Harrison, Dusty Dvoracek . . . just to name a few. I guess you have to include Melton in that list even though he was drafted as a DE. Those 5 were all picked in the first 4 rounds.

To make matters worse, in big games against good opponents our DT's looked awful.

Anthony Adams has been one of the more consistent Bears and Okoye was #2 in playing time. That means we likely need to add TWO defensive tackles. That being said, I wouldn't rule out Adams returning. I don't think he's signed.

If we go DE in round #1 and if Wooton gets his head out of his ass, I wouldn't be shocked if Idonije moved back to DT.

Okoye's in Tampa Bay's mix now, not Chicago's.

It's just frustrating because every damn year we use a high pick on a DT and have very little to show for it. Paea, Jaron Gilbert, Marcus Harrison, Dusty Dvoracek . . . just to name a few. I guess you have to include Melton in that list even though he was drafted as a DE. Those 5 were all picked in the first 4 rounds.

To make matters worse, in big games against good opponents our DT's looked awful.

Anthony Adams has been one of the more consistent Bears and Okoye was #2 in playing time. That means we likely need to add TWO defensive tackles. That being said, I wouldn't rule out Adams returning. I don't think he's signed.

If we go DE in round #1 and if Wooton gets his head out of his ass, I wouldn't be shocked if Idonije moved back to DT.

Maybe we watched two different Anthony Adams, but I thought AA was pathetic in 2011.

I meant to say we were in pretty good shape with Okoye. Okoye is still young with room to grow. He wasn't good against the run, but he could get to the QB. Based on what he did last year, I'm shocked we wouldn't pay 1.3 to 2 million (or whatever it was) for him to return. The way we rotated DT's, this leaves a gaping hole.

Maybe we watched two different Anthony Adams, but I thought AA was pathetic in 2011.

Anthony has never been a spectacular player, just solid. He looked pathetic at times, but so did the rest of our DT's. High floord. Low ceiling. With him gone, we are left with 2 incredibly inconsistent players in Melton & Paea, and Toeania who lacks talent.

I meant to say we were in pretty good shape with Okoye. Okoye is still young with room to grow. He wasn't good against the run, but he could get to the QB. Based on what he did last year, I'm shocked we wouldn't pay 1.3 to 2 million (or whatever it was) for him to return. The way we rotated DT's, this leaves a gaping hole.

Anthony has never been a spectacular player, just solid. He looked pathetic at times, but so did the rest of our DT's. High floord. Low ceiling. With him gone, we are left with 2 incredibly inconsistent players in Melton & Paea, and Toeania who lacks talent.

I understand now on the first point.

As for your second, yeah, Melton was a tad inconsistent, but he did lead the NFL in sacks from DT's. While this stat might not tell the whole story, I think it's a pretty big one. Keep in mind he was only 2 or 3 years removed from being a RB at UT.

I understand now on the first point.

As for your second, yeah, Melton was a tad inconsistent, but he did lead the NFL in sacks from DT's. While this stat might not tell the whole story, I think it's a pretty big one. Keep in mind he was only 2 or 3 years removed from being a RB at UT.

I hope like hell by the end of next season we're discussing franchising Melton cause he's that damn good. This year it always seemed like he would have 2 sacks and 5 tackles against Atlanta, and the next week be invisible against New Orleans. How much does he benefit from playing next to Peppers? I hope he can be great, I'm just skeptical.

I hope like hell by the end of next season we're discussing franchising Melton cause he's that damn good. This year it always seemed like he would have 2 sacks and 5 tackles against Atlanta, and the next week be invisible against New Orleans. How much does he benefit from playing next to Peppers? I hope he can be great, I'm just skeptical.

He still have to prove himself, and we will be drafting somebody at some point to compete with him. Enough of this (he might be good) we need options if they dont pan out.

I think we have to expect the arrow to still be pointing up for both Melton and Paea (who was back from a serious knee injury and participated little in training camp). I view DE as more of a critical early round need than DT where we should be adding to depth behind Melton and Paea.