Roadtrips

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Just seeing if anyone is going anywhere, besides Chicago, to see a Bears game this year.

For example, I know MadLith lives in California so SF or ARZ games are options, and I *think* jason lives in Tennessee, so the Titans game is an option for him.

As I'm sure you all know, every year I go somewhere. In 2008, it was Indianapolis, 2009- Seattle, 2010- Carolina, 2011- Denver. The last 2 years I haven't seen Cutler, so maybe I'm a jinx.

This year, I'm thinking about driving to GB week 2, and I'm definitely going to Nashville for November 4 vs Tennessee.

I'm travelling to Memphis and Nashville this summer (bad weather, but it's when my wife is off as she's a teacher)....

We're heading through both those cities before we get to Louisville and do the Bourbon trail...

Are there any eateries you'd recommend? Or sites (besides Graceland, Sun, Stax. Opry)?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I don't live in TN any more, but I will be going to the TN game. Come hell or high water.

I'm contemplating the AZ game... I'm not sure how it'll play out since it's so close to Christmas. But it's on my radar.

I'm itchin' to try the famous casa bianca (is that the right name?) pizza place...

I'm going to drive to the other side of Phoenix to see the Bears play the Cardinals.

I'm contemplating AZ depending on how Christmas fall for my family.

I'm staying far away from SF. The only actual conflict I've ever had watching games was with jackass SF fans... Poor losers and even poorer winners...

Just seeing if anyone is going anywhere, besides Chicago, to see a Bears game this year.

For example, I know MadLith lives in California so SF or ARZ games are options, and I *think* jason lives in Tennessee, so the Titans game is an option for him.

As I'm sure you all know, every year I go somewhere. In 2008, it was Indianapolis, 2009- Seattle, 2010- Carolina, 2011- Denver. The last 2 years I haven't seen Cutler, so maybe I'm a jinx.

This year, I'm thinking about driving to GB week 2, and I'm definitely going to Nashville for November 4 vs Tennessee.

I'm contemplating AZ depending on how Christmas fall for my family.

I'm staying far away from SF. The only actual conflict I've ever had watching games was with jackass SF fans... Poor losers and even poorer winners...

Oakland is MUCH worse...and it's not even the Black Hole mystique. It's the fact that the stadium sucks, everyone stands the entire game, the view is horrible, and getting out of the stadium is a fight/stabbing/murder just waiting to happen.

Sounds like it's best to do something else in the Bay area than go to a pro game!

Oakland is MUCH worse...and it's not even the Black Hole mystique. It's the fact that the stadium sucks, everyone stands the entire game, the view is horrible, and getting out of the stadium is a fight/stabbing/murder just waiting to happen.

I'm going to drive to the other side of Phoenix to see the Bears play the Cardinals.

I'm going to try to get to that game too.

The last time I went was the Monday night game when the Bears staged the awesome comeback. I was coaching at a high school right by there, so I went after practice, got there at halftime. I was wearing a Hester jersey, and people were talking mad crap. My wife and I were just about to leave and then the awesomeness started happening. We got with some other Bears fans and talking some crap. hahahaha

Sounds like it's best to do something else in the Bay area than go to a pro game!

If you go, avoid the public transportation. It's great getting there, and great leaving, but from the stadium to the terminal is an absolute nightmare. They funnel roughly half the stadium in a tunnel that's about 10 feet wide and 60 yards long. That's 20 thousand (approximate) people all funneling together on a covered walkway (actually caged) where people are tired, hot, many drunk, some smoking, some smoking marijuana, and more than a few want desperately to live up to the Black Hole persona. Add in multiple vendors standing in the tunnel or fighting upstream to sell their BS and it's a recipe for disaster.

I'm planning on being at the SF game.