Webb"eat and drink football"

Stinger226

After Cutler came out and made statements about the OLine, Webb told the press he would be ready to play that all off season he has been "eating and drinking football" and has Cutlers back.

It thats the case, last year he must have been on a fasting diet.

After Cutler came out and made statements about the OLine, Webb told the press he would be ready to play that all off season he has been "eating and drinking football" and has Cutlers back.

LOL well what he said is a reflection of being called out by your QB. Now I'm sure he knows that Williams is moving back to tackle and Brown are breathing down his neck. So he has to say something.

LOL well what he said is a reflection of being called out by your QB. Now I'm sure he knows that Williams is moving back to tackle and Brown are breathing down his neck. So he has to say something.

He really doesn't need to "Say" anything, he could just outwork them and outplay them this offseason/training camp.

Well, last year they were locked out. I would think that would make eating and drinking football tougher when you have to cook it yourself and can't even talk to the (coaches) master chefs. ;)

Well, last year they were locked out. I would think that would make eating and drinking football tougher when you have to cook it yourself and can't even talk to the (coaches) master chefs. ;)

This is a really important point. They had no off season last year. Let's hope this year he will show a marked improvement.

Peace :dabears

He has the physical tools to be good. Problem is, he has no football instincts or IQ. He'll never make it past average.

Yeah he's just a big goon with no talent and slow feet.

He talks a big game on twitter, but in reality, he needs to shut up and hit the weights or at least a path to run and get in shape. His cockiness on twitter is borderline DUMB because he sounds so ridiculous. He essentially has guaranteed he'll be much better and make the Pro Bowl. :lol:

Yeah he's just a big goon with no talent and slow feet.

He talks a big game on twitter, but in reality, he needs to shut up and hit the weights or at least a path to run and get in shape. His cockiness on twitter is borderline DUMB because he sounds so ridiculous. He essentially has guaranteed he'll be much better and make the Pro Bowl. :lol:

Well if he has put forth an effort maybe he will be better. It just takes you being the man! I remember when i left high school and went to play in college my coach told me now that you are not a big fish in a little pond you have to go there and make them notice you. So dont prepare against the 2nd and 3rd stringers practice against the #1 guys to get better. So he needs to line up against Peppers every day to improve himself or..........move out of the way and let Williams take over.

Well if he has put forth an effort maybe he will be better. It just takes you being the man! I remember when i left high school and went to play in college my coach told me now that you are not a big fish in a little pond you have to go there and make them notice you. So dont prepare against the 2nd and 3rd stringers practice against the #1 guys to get better. So he needs to line up against Peppers every day to improve himself or..........move out of the way and let Williams take over.

That makes no sense. Its not like he came in as a 1st rounder. He came in a an underdog to make the team. Then, contributed to the worst OL in the NFL. BTW, he does go against Peppers everyday in practice..

That makes no sense. Its not like he came in as a 1st rounder. He came in a an underdog to make the team. Then, contributed to the worst OL in the NFL. BTW, he does go against Peppers everyday in practice..

The problem is in two years, he hasnt made any progress. You would assume anybody would improve in that time if they had talent. I havent seen it.

The problem is in two years, he hasnt made any progress. You would assume anybody would improve in that time if they had talent. I havent seen it.

That's forgetting that there was no offseason last year. I think that the lack of OTAs, being able to work out with the training staff, minicamps, and meetings with coaches really stagnated him last year - in a year when he moved from the right side to left side.

I look at it as the difference between having a teacher review the stuff that's going to be on the test and having time to study vs. having a pop quiz and not even being assigned to read the chapters it covers.

That's forgetting that there was no offseason last year. I think that the lack of OTAs, being able to work out with the training staff, minicamps, and meetings with coaches really stagnated him last year - in a year when he moved from the right side to left side.

I look at it as the difference between having a teacher review the stuff that's going to be on the test and having time to study vs. having a pop quiz and not even being assigned to read the chapters it covers.

Webb was rated the worst LT in the league last year by PFF who does the stats thing. I agree the off season affected him, but what is his ceiling? 25th best? He needs to make a giant leap, we cant keep experimenting with the LT spot. It is to late now to do anything about it, so hope he jumps forward or C. Williams is solid if moved in to the starters role.

Webb was rated the worst LT in the league last year by PFF who does the stats thing. I agree the off season affected him, but what is his ceiling? 25th best? He needs to make a giant leap, we cant keep experimenting with the LT spot. It is to late now to do anything about it, so hope he jumps forward or C. Williams is solid if moved in to the starters role.

The knocks on him are penalties and sacks. The penalties are fixable and not putting him on an island for 7 step drops so often should improve his performance.

The knocks on him are penalties and sacks. The penalties are fixable and not putting him on an island for 7 step drops so often should improve his performance.

Hey I am routing for him to do good, I just have serious doubts due to his past performances. I am a big Bears fan and want every player we have to be the best, but have to do reality checks in my view of the team.

Hey I am routing for him to do good, I just have serious doubts due to his past performances. I am a big Bears fan and want every player we have to be the best, but have to do reality checks in my view of the team.

At least there seems to be a pair of plausible plans, with either Webb or Williams taking the LT spot (with that UDFA as an unlikely 3rd option). Better than just having it handed to him with no offseason work.

Guest TerraTor
This is a really important point. They had no off season last year. Let's hope this year he will show a marked improvement.

Peace :dabears

If you don't have the talent....

Penalties and sacks are the worst traits a LT can have. Both ar drive killers. If you give him help, a part of the offense suffers. Does a full off-season fix that? I'm very leary of this kid between the ears...

Guest TerraTor
Penalties and sacks are the worst traits a LT can have. Both ar drive killers. If you give him help, a part of the offense suffers. Does a full off-season fix that? I'm very leary of this kid between the ears...

The guy stinks.. Just put the Kid you drafted at 14 to be the LT of the future in the spot and Keep him there...

Webb if anything can be a backup for multiple positions, where he belongs.. And to be honest, ya never know how good this James Brown is until he steps into a game... Carl Nicks was a projected 4-5, even at G. And now most consider him the Cream of Crop at the Position

The guy stinks.. Just put the Kid you drafted at 14 to be the LT of the future in the spot and Keep him there...

Webb if anything can be a backup for multiple positions, where he belongs.. And to be honest, ya never know how good this James Brown is until he steps into a game... Carl Nicks was a projected 4-5, even at G. And now most consider him the Cream of Crop at the Position

Webb isnt very good,and giving him another year to prove himself is risky for Cutlers health. Our next option is C. Williams, he worries me too. And Carimi going to the left side will be the 3rd option.. I suppose Brown figures to be the 4th option, but not likely. So I guess everything is not a total loss, maybe one of them work. Actually I want everyone to have sucess, but will settle for just one.

Webb isnt very good,and giving him another year to prove himself is risky for Cutlers health. Our next option is C. Williams, he worries me too. And Carimi going to the left side will be the 3rd option.. I suppose Brown figures to be the 4th option, but not likely. So I guess everything is not a total loss, maybe one of them work. Actually I want everyone to have sucess, but will settle for just one.

Forget the OTA's, training camp.....etc!!! The bottom line here is if you can block you can block. If you have talent then you have talent. But Webb can block and has talent.....just no motoviation to prove it to anyone.I think he should be the swing tackle or benched tackle.

• 1 year later...