Are you ready for some football?

Wesson44

I'm ready.

Questions:

Does Shea McClellin have enough speed and quickness to get around the corner?

Can our safeties play?

Can Webb or Williams standout enough to flat-out win the LT spot?

Where will Alshon Jeffrey fit in among the WRs and how well does he know the playbook?

1. Yes.

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. He'll be #3 at first, then move to #2 by seasons end and run into the playoffs. He'll know it well enough and get better at it as the season progresses.

Any other questions? ;)

I'm ready.

Questions:

Does Shea McClellin have enough speed and quickness to get around the corner?

Can our safeties play?

Can Webb or Williams standout enough to flat-out win the LT spot?

Where will Alshon Jeffrey fit in among the WRs and how well does he know the playbook?

I think that is a valid question for sure. I know some have brought it up. Melton & Paea must improve. We need someone other than Peppers to start playing like a star. If we get just one more, the trickle down effect will improve everyone. I don't see Izzy as that guy. I think he is what he is...a solid, but not spectacular player. Melton and Paea have a chance to be great. Also, if McClellin can make a big impact, that will more than help. But, I think someone in the middle needs to step it up.

I think the biggest question, and no one is talking about it, is whether we have anything at the DT position.

I think that is a valid question for sure. I know some have brought it up. Melton & Paea must improve. We need someone other than Peppers to start playing like a star. If we get just one more, the trickle down effect will improve everyone. I don't see Izzy as that guy. I think he is what he is...a solid, but not spectacular player. Melton and Paea have a chance to be great. Also, if McClellin can make a big impact, that will more than help. But, I think someone in the middle needs to step it up.

We have 8 DT's on the roster and 7 DE's looking for the starting spots. At DE we have Peppers, Idonije, McClellin, Wootton, Davis, Gibson, & Ozougwu. The one is bold are locks to be on the playing field, but the other four will have trouble making the team. Wootton will have the best chance but he needs to produce this year or he will get the axe, He really has done nothing other than the one sack of Farve. Peppers had 11 sacks, Idonije had 5 and Davis had 1 so yes we have got to do better than 17. Allen from the Vikings had 22 by himself last year.

Now at DT we have on the roster Cameron, Collins, Pressley, McCargo, Melton, Miller, Paea, Toeaina.Melton lead the way with 7 sacks, paea had 2 and Toeaina had 0. Gone are Adams and Okoye with their total of 4 sacks, so there is a great need like you say for someone in the middle to step up. Between Cameron, Collins, Pressley, McCargo, and Miller...... one maybe two of these players will make the roster and will get some time with the one's or two's but they will need to really show something to make the team. I think Paea has the most upside and will make a bigger impact this year. So the two guys that really need to IMHO make an impact are Paea and McClellin

Sounds like solid reasoning to me...

We have 8 DT's on the roster and 7 DE's looking for the starting spots. At DE we have Peppers, Idonije, McClellin, Wootton, Davis, Gibson, & Ozougwu. The one is bold are locks to be on the playing field, but the other four will have trouble making the team. Wootton will have the best chance but he needs to produce this year or he will get the axe, He really has done nothing other than the one sack of Farve. Peppers had 11 sacks, Idonije had 5 and Davis had 1 so yes we have got to do better than 17. Allen from the Vikings had 22 by himself last year.

Now at DT we have on the roster Cameron, Collins, Pressley, McCargo, Melton, Miller, Paea, Toeaina.Melton lead the way with 7 sacks, paea had 2 and Toeaina had 0. Gone are Adams and Okoye with their total of 4 sacks, so there is a great need like you say for someone in the middle to step up. Between Cameron, Collins, Pressley, McCargo, and Miller...... one maybe two of these players will make the roster and will get some time with the one's or two's but they will need to really show something to make the team. I think Paea has the most upside and will make a bigger impact this year. So the two guys that really need to IMHO make an impact are Paea and McClellin

Melton should be fine, he was like a half a sack behind the lead in DT's last year. That leaves a lot of players to fill the other position, so DT has never been an issue in my eyes going into this season. I think there are definitely other areas with bigger question marks.

Melton should be fine, he was like a half a sack behind the lead in DT's last year. That leaves a lot of players to fill the other position, so DT has never been an issue in my eyes going into this season. I think there are definitely other areas with bigger question marks.

And all of those other players aren't any good.

Who doesn't? My thought is pressure simply need to be 2 fold. If only one guy is generating it, offensses can adjust. If we have 2, regardless of spot, then they offenses can't adjust...

We keep hearing how penetration from the DT position is the engine that makes Lovie's One Gap system work.

Don't we need a Warren Sapp?

We keep hearing how penetration from the DT position is the engine that makes Lovie's One Gap system work.

Don't we need a Warren Sapp?

Melton is supposed to be that guy. I think he was almost the tops for sacks from the DT position last year and should still be on the rise. Paea will be our Booger if plans play out. If McClellin is who they thought they drafted, I think our DL will be the best we've seen since the Buddy Ryan days...