Official Gamethread- Bears @ 49ers

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The battle of backups! Just what ESPN wanted from this matchup, eh?... Not exactly.

I don't see a guy like Kaepernick doing much of anything vs a Bears defense that's built to stop mobile quarterbacks. But on the flipside, I don't expect Jason Cambell to do anything against the 49'ers defense because I don't think he's any good. It'll be a battle of attrition on Monday I presume. Whichever team can put together at least one solid drive at some point in the game, or get a defensive touchdown, might come out on top.

I'll pick the Bears win in a nail-biter, 13-9, but I don't pick that score with much confidence. We'll see how it goes..

The battle of backups! Just what ESPN wanted from this matchup, eh?... Not exactly.

I don't see a guy like Kaepernick doing much of anything vs a Bears defense that's built to stop mobile quarterbacks. But on the flipside, I don't expect Jason Cambell to do anything against the 49'ers defense because I don't think he's any good. It'll be a battle of attrition on Monday I presume. Whichever team can put together at least one solid drive at some point in the game, or get a defensive touchdown, might come out on top.

I'll pick the Bears win in a nail-biter, 13-9, but I don't pick that score with much confidence. We'll see how it goes..

The Bears Defense should thrive on this inexperienced QB. I expect the Bears to win the turn over battle, and the D steps up once again for the win. The offense will do just enough.

The Bears Defense should thrive on this inexperienced QB. I expect the Bears to win the turn over battle, and the D steps up once again for the win. The offense will do just enough.

All the pundits are playing up he SF D, and pretty much dissing Url, Peanut and the gang. Hope they put a lesson on tonight. The Bears' D is not too bad, you think?!

This is less about the Niners O and more about the Bears D. The Bears, as always under Lovie, have been a defense that allows an opponent to move the ball fairly easily. Even when scrub QBs get in the game. Remember when Griese absolutely torched us?! This is nothing different.

The defense has holes, and as long as the turnovers don't come in bundles it's very vulnerable.

Actually, this game is a perfect example of what many on this board have talked about in terms of an attacking defense and a passive defense. The Bears have a passive, albeit opportunistic, defense. The Niners, on the other hand, have an aggressive, attacking offense. Witness the difference.

how the hell does the SF back up QB look awesome and our back up QB looks like absolute shit. Another crap effort in a prime time game so far. 17-0 already, geez

How many times does this question have to be asked during the Lovie Smith tenure?

Give me a friggin break!

Open your eyes man. This has happened many times during Lovie's tenure. A QB that's supposed to be subpar comes in and performs well because the Bears defense is known quantity that has been admitted many many times. Everyone knows what the Bears are running 95% of the time, and it's just a matter of the other team executing correctly.

Hell, I remember a game when two Bears QBs that this board has absolutely TORCHED did pretty well against the Bears defense. Todd Collins lit this defense up! And in the same game, so did, guess who, Jason Campbell!

Billy Volek did it years ago. Brian Griese did it. I'm sure there are others but I just can't think of them right now.