Dave Toub Anyone?

lemonej

The one guy on staff I would interview would be Toub. His ability to incorporate new players into his system and still maintain a top unit is intriguing. He also should know this roster top to bottom since he has to utilize starters and backups for his unit. Maybe he could follow the path of John Harbaugh and of course "Da Coach".

The one guy on staff I would interview would be Toub. His ability to incorporate new players into his system and still maintain a top unit is intriguing. He also should know this roster top to bottom since he has to utilize starters and backups for his unit. Maybe he could follow the path of John Harbaugh and of course "Da Coach".

I believe he should at least get an interview. He is the only coach I would keep off the previous staff.

Peace :dabears

My issue is...I can already hear the complaints about the Bears continuing to hire people in-house.

If he's the right guy, i have no issue. He's the only in-house guy that should be interviewed. If they hired Tice or Marinelli, I'd flip. Toub is an interesting guy. He's been outstanding as a special teams guy but I also wonder how he'd be since he isn't an offensive or defensive expert.

I like him. If he has the connections to get a top notch OC and DC and develop a philosophy, he can be successful.

My issue is...I can already hear the complaints about the Bears continuing to hire people in-house.

I'm not sure I understand your response because when it comes to hiring a head coach the Bears haven't stayed in house for over 40 years.The last in house HC was Abe Gibron. Recent memory has the Bears either dragging their feet or not getting their first choicesince going all out for Wannie. Jauron was the choice after Mikey blew the Dave McGinnis hire and Lovie was the choice after Saban and JA couldn't reach an agreement on personnel control. In the last two instances the assistant pool was limited because of how long the process took.

I'm not sure I understand your response because when it comes to hiring a head coach the Bears haven't stayed in house for over 40 years.The last in house HC was Abe Gibron. Recent memory has the Bears either dragging their feet or not getting their first choicesince going all out for Wannie. Jauron was the choice after Mikey blew the Dave McGinnis hire and Lovie was the choice after Saban and JA couldn't reach an agreement on personnel control. In the last two instances the assistant pool was limited because of how long the process took.

I definitely know I heard "The Bears always look from within" for a lot of their coordinators, and we heard it with Emery being hired since he'd worked for the Bears a decade ago.

Happy new year. He definitely should get consideration, especially if they have an awesome candidate for OC. That would negate the need for an offensive head coach, and as a couch Toub has been great.

Nothing against Toub, but I'd rather they not even entertain the notion of retaining a previous coach from the prior staff as HC. I wouldn't mind them retaining a big chunk of this coaching staff to keep their jobs, but not as the HC.

A new voice from the outside is needed to lead this team.

I like him. If he has the connections to get a top notch OC and DC and develop a philosophy, he can be successful.

I think Toub is creative and gets things done. But I'd bet that Emery would not want to move him up cause of his connection with the Lovie regime. More of the same? I don't know, if you're looking to change things up then I think Emery brings in someone new. But I say keep Toub, he's under contract and he's a top ST coach.