OL stats

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I found this from a poster on SoxTalk

According to PFF (the source Emery cited in his press conference), these are the yearly pass blocking rankings for Jay Cutler's offensive lines as a Bear:

2009 21st (woo!!!)

2010 32nd (last)

2011 30th

2012 27th

In 2008 as he threw for 4500 yards, his Denver line ranked 6th. This was PFF's first year of compiling proprietary statistics like these.

On PFF's grading system, positive impacts are reflected in positive values and vice versa. A 0 would mean roughly average, neither a positive nor negative impact. For any statistic, +20 would be great and -20 would be just about the worst of the worst.

Our linemen overall:

Webb -0.8

Garza -5.6

Carimi -10.1

Louis -1.8

Rachal -12.1

Spencer -4.0

Scott -8.1

Brown -6.4

Edwin Williams -2.9

Pass Blocking:

Webb +1.4

Garza +1.9

Carimi -17.4

Louis +5.7

Rachal -1.0

Spencer -9.2

Scott -7.3

Brown -2.7

Williams +1.1

Our team rating for pass blocking is -22.2, which is horrible. However, a huge portion of that negative rating is wrapped up in our right tackle, which is just crazy. You may have noticed that our blocking became less of a factor after Carimi's benching, and these stats may explain why.

While things don't translate exactly from position to position (they said they are really working on this but it favors RBs a bit), Marshall led our team and was one of the highest in the league with an overall 21.3 rating.

So much for Louis being good. Looks like, according to this, he was average. Carimi sucks.

So much for Louis being good. Looks like, according to this, he was average. Carimi sucks.

there is no way we will be filling 5 new spots so you figure Garza will be back,(need to draft his replacement) Louis at RG, RT? We need to get a LT in Fagency, and draft a LG in the draft.

But you wonder how being near the crap that was Carimi and company impacts Louis production. Was he average because he was busy covering up for the others (and if he had average guys around him he'd have even been better?). Not sure but all I know Louis looked pretty damn good based upon my eyes.

According to those stats, Lance Louis is our best pass blocker, Carimi is our best run blocker (overall - passing = running), and either Webb our Lance Louis is our best lineman overall. Not sure I trust those stats, but it's interesting.

Carimi is considered a good run blocker his issue as we all know is pass protection

So, in looking at these assessments: not one Bears lineman made it to the baseline of the average bar. Not one? Lovie and Tice must have given false hope to Emery. Thus...

Look at Carimi's #, it's ugly sitting beside the decent looking numbers of Louis. Go to the other side and see Webb as our highest rated OL sitting next to some ugly numbers from Rachal and Spencer. Is Webb that much better than the OG's next to him? Is he that much better than Carimi? Just sayin, Webb IS improving and he's 24 years old. He may not start next year, but he is in the plans for the future