Bears like Lane Johnson

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Giants scout also said "That's my LT" they pick a slot above us sooo.... If they don't bring back Beatty chances are they will take him if he's there at 19.

He is the 3rd rated LT in the draft, and there is a good chance he wont be there, because he is moving up draft boards. I hope we get him, if not our options start to take a hit.

He is the 3rd rated LT in the draft, and there is a good chance he wont be there, because he is moving up draft boards. I hope we get him, if not our options start to take a hit.

They take a big hit...

Fluker is said to be "a RT or maybe even a guard"

Oday Aboushi- "best suited to the right side in the NFL"

Kyle Long- Didnt even start and played LG for the most part at Oregon. Getting hyped because of his bloodlines.

Dallas Thomas- Another guy who played LG.

Then we get into 3rd round talent and with no 3rd rounder we get into 4th round talent.

Kromar might be able to work more magic in the middle rounds (or maybe even the above guys) but we'll have a lot of disgruntled fans on here(we already got people who can't wait for a 24 year old Webb to develop). That's why I think it's safer to pick up a guy in FA.

They take a big hit...

Kyle Long- Didnt even start and played LG for the most part at Oregon. Getting hyped because of his bloodlines.

Then we get into 3rd round talent and with no 3rd rounder we get into 4th round talent.

Kromar might be able to work more magic in the middle rounds (or maybe even the above guys) but we'll have a lot of disgruntled fans on here(we already got people who can't wait for a 24 year old Webb to develop). That's why I think it's safer to pick up a guy in FA.

I agree that is our best option, but it come down to the draft.

They take a big hit...

Fluker is a RT, Aboushi is an NFL G (arm length), Long is going to be good at G, and Thomas played T at Tennessee but will be an NFL G most likely (arm length)

My point is IF WE CANT GET ONE IN FREE AGENCY, then it make come down to drafting one.

Gotcha.

I really think Bushrod will be ours. We're gonna have the money and I don't think there's a chance the Saints can bring him back. They have to cut more than 20 million just to get under cap, they can't afford the 7 or 8 million he's gonna get.

Here's a nice article about Kromer with some quotes from Bushrod who spoke highly of Aaron.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/...nsive_l_16.html

"I definitely enjoyed my time being under coach Kromer for the last four years," Bushrod said. "He helped me become a starter in this league and he's continued to stick with me and continue to give me an opportunity. I'm very appreciative of his time here in New Orleans. But at the end of the day when you're dealing with men who want to take that job to the next level and you always strive to be the best that you can be, you can't blame anyone for that.

"He had some opportunities last year with him maybe becoming a head coach, that's the highest you can go. Obviously last year didn't work out for him, but this year he's taking the correct steps for him to be in the position that he wants to be in. The selfish side of me will like to continue to play where I'm playing and have the same people around me, but at the end of the day, guys have different goals and aspirations."

This is all pretty funny bout Bushrod. I remember adamantly saying we shoulda signed him in 2011. But anyway, I imagine the new OL guy will bring him with

If we sign Bushrod, we need to draft a LG in round 1 or 2 to groom next to him. Bushrod had a luxary of playing next to carl nicks and now ben grubbs, which definitely helps you look better.

If we sign Bushrod, we need to draft a LG in round 1 or 2 to groom next to him. Bushrod had a luxary of playing next to carl nicks and now ben grubbs, which definitely helps you look better.

That would be the perfect scenario. At 20 the OG that might be there is J. Cooper. I would be quite happy with that. He also could play center when the time comes for Garza to fall off the map. Also if we took one in the second OGs possibly available could be Barrett Jones, Larry Warford, Kyle LongT/ G, or one moving up draft boards Travis Fredrich that could play G/C. I would be happy with any of them in the second. That would free us up to take aMLB or TE with our first pick. The best of that group would be Cooper or Warford of who I think they both could start day one.

That would be the perfect scenario. At 20 the OG that might be there is J. Cooper. I would be quite happy with that. He also could play center when the time comes for Garza to fall off the map. Also if we took one in the second OGs possibly available could be Barrett Jones, Larry Warford, Kyle LongT/ G, or one moving up draft boards Travis Fredrich that could play G/C. I would be happy with any of them in the second. That would free us up to take aMLB or TE with our first pick. The best of that group would be Cooper or Warford of who I think they both could start day one.

Sign me up for Barrett jones. I think he will be there at 20 but i dont see him making it out of 1st

Sign me up for Barrett jones. I think he will be there at 20 but i dont see him making it out of 1st

He will be there at 20 and think he might make it to the second pick of ours. Probably a little high to pick at 20 being he will probably play center and Garza is still there. But a trade down secnario with getting us an extra pick could still back us Jones 10 to 15 spots lower.

He will be there at 20 and think he might make it to the second pick of ours. Probably a little high to pick at 20 being he will probably play center and Garza is still there. But a trade down secnario with getting us an extra pick could still back us Jones 10 to 15 spots lower.

If we think he could fall to 30s i trade down and get him. Netting us an extra pick or 2 could really help. Although things I've read say hes best suited to play G

This is all pretty funny bout Bushrod. I remember adamantly saying we shoulda signed him in 2011. But anyway, I imagine the new OL guy will bring him with

IMO, if Bushrod had been put in the same position as the guys the Bears have had on their O-line, asked to do what the Bears have asked their LT"s to do, he'd probably be barely hanging on in the league at this point rather than looking for a solid payday.

IMO, if Bushrod had been put in the same position as the guys the Bears have had on their O-line, asked to do what the Bears have asked their LT"s to do, he'd probably be barely hanging on in the league at this point rather than looking for a solid payday.

no way, view tape on both players and then come back here and say that. NO does chip to help there Oline but show me where J. Graham is a blocking sensation.

Guest TerraTor

a Guard in Round 1.. awesome.

a Guard in Round 1.. awesome.

At this point, we just need to address the OLine, regardless of how or when we do it. I can't really complain of drafting a Guard in the 1st if he improves the line and the dude is solid contributor for a decade, as long as we sign or draft a tackle as well.

Guest TerraTor

Disagreed. JMarcus Webb has literally no talent whatsoever. He is a product of a coaching staff that by no other explanation, was a selfish, let alone insane group of clowns.

Lovie and his cronies constantly trying to prove they can coach guys up and turn them into what they arnt. Been doing it ever since he got here: For Example

1. D Hester: in two seasons he established himself as the greatest KR/PR of all time. And Smith literally states, he wants to edit his role to not be a KR/PR.

2. J Webb: a 7th round pick that was drafted as a camp body. and somehow he starts two straight seasons and is obviously terrible.

3. Round 3 of 2009 Draft - Gilbert and Iglesias, really?

4. Has not drafted a starting LB since 2006, and they traded him. How is that friggin possible. and dont say cuz we had two studs, Urlacher is probably my 2nd fave bear of all time, but hes had some freak injuries and not once did a defensive coach who runs a D where the LBs are key, draft a possible replacement

Guest TerraTor
At this point, we just need to address the OLine, regardless of how or when we do it. I can't really complain of drafting a Guard in the 1st if he improves the line and the dude is solid contributor for a decade, as long as we sign or draft a tackle as well.

I dont disagree per ser, Just seems like a waste. arguably the best OG in league was a 4th (Nicks) and personally I think Lance Louis was close behind him, he has a 6th or 7th?

We need an impact ILB - If we get Skov in 2nd, Id shit myself. A guy i also like, but much later, is Kiko Alonso

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKDdQV-ZW4Y