Barrett Jones

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Zierlein even went as far as to say he'll be a 4th rounder. Interesting stuff. The weakness section on his NFL. com draft profile is pretty lengthy....

WEAKNESSES Limited athlete who will be at his best on the inside at the next level. Tends to stop his feet and lunge at pass rushers on the edge. Top-heavy, upright runner on pulls without great foot speed. Gets to the second level well, but can struggle tracking and adjusting to moving targets. Quicker linebackers and defensive backs jump around his lunges if he is unable to get his hands on their numbers. Inconsistent firing out of his stance and staying low on short-yardage plays. Hand placement improved in his senior season, but he has soft hands with a limp punch. Doesn’t play with a mean streak. Can get complacent and will fight for initial position, but doesn’t finish blocks and allows his man to disengage too often. Prone to making his initial block and then ball-watching instead of finding a second target. Has a lengthy injury history (but shows the toughness to play through them) and will need to check out medically.

CBS said this..

WEAKNESSES: Doesn't blow defenders off the ball with pure strength. Not a flashy athlete and may struggle to excel at the NFL level.

I think 3rd and 4th round projections might be a little out there but it's not absurd to thin he could be there for our pick in the 2nd.

Zierlein even went as far as to say he'll be a 4th rounder. Interesting stuff. The weakness section on his NFL. com draft profile is pretty lengthy....

WEAKNESSES Limited athlete who will be at his best on the inside at the next level. Tends to stop his feet and lunge at pass rushers on the edge. Top-heavy, upright runner on pulls without great foot speed. Gets to the second level well, but can struggle tracking and adjusting to moving targets. Quicker linebackers and defensive backs jump around his lunges if he is unable to get his hands on their numbers. Inconsistent firing out of his stance and staying low on short-yardage plays. Hand placement improved in his senior season, but he has soft hands with a limp punch. Doesn’t play with a mean streak. Can get complacent and will fight for initial position, but doesn’t finish blocks and allows his man to disengage too often. Prone to making his initial block and then ball-watching instead of finding a second target. Has a lengthy injury history (but shows the toughness to play through them) and will need to check out medically.

CBS said this..

WEAKNESSES: Doesn't blow defenders off the ball with pure strength. Not a flashy athlete and may struggle to excel at the NFL level.

I think 3rd and 4th round projections might be a little out there but it's not absurd to thin he could be there for our pick in the 2nd.

I originally thought top 10 in rd 2. If hes there at 50 i want him. If he struggled as much as they say and still is very decorated from several positions thats hell of a lot better than anyone on our roster

I originally thought top 10 in rd 2. If hes there at 50 i want him. If he struggled as much as they say and still is very decorated from several positions thats hell of a lot better than anyone on our roster

I think he will make a fine NFL center. Let's see how this plays out. Makes trading down for an extra 2nd look even better...

He looks like he gets a lot of help and when he doesn't he gets pushed back.

And Tennessee is not very good.

It's all very interesting stuff to me, I thought for sure this guy was a stud.

EDIT that video may be a bad one to go off of. #98 on Tennessee is a 6'6" 377 monster who probably garners a double team no matter who you throw out there.

EDIT that video may be a bad one to go off of. #98 on Tennessee is a 6'6" 377 monster who probably garners a double team no matter who you throw out there.

I've been reading this about him for a week or two. Since he has the bad foot, I'll pass and look for the kid out of Cal later for a center. Warmack and Flucker are real deals, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with Flucker even though he projected more as a RT. I would personally rather take Cooper if he is there as we are short handed on G.

I've been reading this about him for a week or two. Since he has the bad foot, I'll pass and look for the kid out of Cal later for a center. Warmack and Flucker are real deals, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with Flucker even though he projected more as a RT. I would personally rather take Cooper if he is there as we are short handed on G.

Ya, I'm a Cooper fan as well. He offers the same versatility to move to OC after Garza moves on or is switched back to OG that Jones would give us. I'm growing on Dallas Thomas as well if we decide to grab a LB in the first.

I'm not saying you're necessarily doing this, but I think it's comical that people want to say things like, "Yeah, but the Bears' OL would have been better if they had better blocking schemes!" while downplaying the skills of someone like Jones because Alabama was smart about how they design their blocking schemes.

If he's there when the Bears draft in the 2nd, they should take him.

I'm not saying you're necessarily doing this, but I think it's comical that people want to say things like, "Yeah, but the Bears' OL would have been better if they had better blocking schemes!" while downplaying the skills of someone like Jones because Alabama was smart about how they design their blocking schemes.

If he's there when the Bears draft in the 2nd, they should take him.

I haven't said anything about the blocking scheme this year. I've said the offensive scheme as a whole will make the Bears OL better next year. Getting the ball out quick and utilizing the backs is what I've been stressing.

I just saw a guy who was getting pushed backed going 1 on 1, but once again this was against a massive man so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that video may not be the best video to go by as there's not many 6'6" 377 pound guys in the NFL. Guys have to be able to go 1 on 1 in the NFL.

I'll trust the experts in thinking he's not as good as I previously thought.

I haven't said anything about the blocking scheme this year. I've said the offensive scheme as a whole will make the Bears OL better next year. Getting the ball out quick and utilizing the backs is what I've been stressing.

I just saw a guy who was getting pushed backed going 1 on 1, but once again this was against a massive man so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that video may not be the best video to go by as there's not many 6'6" 377 pound guys in the NFL. Guys have to be able to go 1 on 1 in the NFL.

'll trust the experts in thinking he's not as good as I previously thought.

The same experts who consistently bat about 50% for the draft?

The same experts who picked Leaf over Manning?

The same experts who get recycled from team to team?

The same experts who are responsible for the following?

The same experts who thought the Bears' OL was just fine the last 5 years?

I don't trust them much at all. Ozzie Newsome? Sure. I can trust his track record along with a few others. Other than that, I honestly think you or I could do just as good of a job finding talent for an NFL team.

To be fair, Tennessee's O-line was actually pretty solid last year, they were able to move the ball against most teams not named Alabama, had a decent running game despite no real quality feature back. They were not very good last year because their defense was terrible and their QB cracked under late-game pressure.

To be fair, Tennessee's O-line was actually pretty solid last year, they were able to move the ball against most teams not named Alabama, had a decent running game despite no real quality feature back. They were not very good last year because their defense was terrible and their QB cracked under late-game pressure.

I should have clarified. The Vols D was terrible. Like you mentioned.

The same experts who consistently bat about 50% for the draft?

The same experts who picked Leaf over Manning?

The same experts who get recycled from team to team?

The same experts who are responsible for the following?

The same experts who thought the Bears' OL was just fine the last 5 years?

I don't trust them much at all. Ozzie Newsome? Sure. I can trust his track record along with a few others. Other than that, I honestly think you or I could do just as good of a job finding talent for an NFL team.

Its just another mans opinion, our powers that be will sort out what they see. I think Cooper will be there in the first and if Jones is still there in the second grab him, we will get a LB and TE with the next two picks.

Its just another mans opinion, our powers that be will sort out what they see. I think Cooper will be there in the first and if Jones is still there in the second grab him, we will get a LB and TE with the next two picks.

Cooper and Jones would be 2 great picks.