OLineman and TEs

Guest TerraTor

Well we got a whole new coaching staff now so the so called favoritism is now out the window. I'm sure Kromer will give Gabe a look at LT if he thinks Gabe can play there. We can't use the whole Tice scouted Webb argument any more so lets just sit back and let it all play out...Arguing about this is getting real old.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we got a whole new coaching staff now so the so called favoritism is now out the window. I'm sure Kromer will give Gabe a look at LT if he thinks Gabe can play there. We can't use the whole Tice scouted Webb argument any more so lets just sit back and let it all play out...Arguing about this is getting real old.

totaly agree

If J'Marcus Webb is the LT next year, I wouldn't be shocked but I sure as hell will be upset. He has done nothing to be handed the job. If they take a T in round 2 or 4 and he out plays Webb in camp, he better be the LT week 1. I don't care if he's a rookie from Florida, Arkansas Pine Bluff, or Oregon. If he's better than Webb, he plays.

If J'Marcus Webb is the LT next year, I wouldn't be shocked but I sure as hell will be upset. He has done nothing to be handed the job.If they take a T in round 2 or 4 and he out plays Webb in camp, he better be the LT week 1. I don't care if he's a rookie from Florida, Arkansas Pine Bluff, or Oregon. If he's better than Webb, he plays.

I don't see why that wouldn't happen if someone comes in and out plays him. Hell if they draft one in the 6th and he outplays Webb then the job is his. Like I said previously the whole "Mike Tice hard on for Webb" theory is out the window now. If Trestman/Kromer decide Webb is the guy then he is the guy that earned it.

If J'Marcus Webb is the LT next year, I wouldn't be shocked but I sure as hell will be upset. He has done nothing to be handed the job.If they take a T in round 2 or 4 and he out plays Webb in camp, he better be the LT week 1. I don't care if he's a rookie from Florida, Arkansas Pine Bluff, or Oregon. If he's better than Webb, he plays.

I don't see why that wouldn't happen if someone comes in and out plays him. If they draft one in the 5th or 6th and he outplays Webb then the job is his. If Carimi, Brown, Cory Brandon, a UDFA, or 2nd or 3rd tier FA outplay him then it's their job. Like I said previous the whole "Mike Tice hard on for Webb" theory is out the window now. If Trestman/Kromer decide Webb is the guy then he is the guy and that's that.

I don't see why that wouldn't happen if someone comes in and out plays him. If they draft one in the 5th or 6th and he outplays Webb then the job is his. If Carimi, Brown, Cory Brandon, a UDFA, or 2nd or 3rd tier FA outplay him then it's their job. Like I said previous the whole "Mike Tice hard on for Webb" theory is out the window now. If Trestman/Kromer decide Webb is the guy then he is the guy and that's that.

Webb has never been handed anything. If he was named starter, it's because he earned it or everyone else sucked worse than he did. They gave him Williams to compete against last year and IMO he clearly beat him. That will be arguable with others who saw it differently, but I agreed with the staff on that one.

Webb has all the tools to be good. My problem with him is between his ears. He seemed to grow up a bit last year after the Cutler reeming. Hopefully, he understands how important he is to the success of this team and will continue to improve.

It's funny, nobody has complained about Carimi being handed his job and he's worse than Webb. We really need to worry more about OG.

Webb has never been handed anything. If he was named starter, it's because he earned it or everyone else sucked worse than he did. They gave him Williams to compete against last year and IMO he clearly beat him. That will be arguable with others who saw it differently, but I agreed with the staff on that one.

Webb has all the tools to be good. My problem with him is between his ears. He seemed to grow up a bit last year after the Cutler reeming. Hopefully, he understands how important he is to the success of this team and will continue to improve.

It's funny, nobody has complained about Carimi being handed his job and he's worse than Webb. We really need to worry more about OG.

I agree with everything said here. It's why i put the "Mike Tice hard on for Webb" comment in quotations and followed it with the word theory.

It is getting real old, but that's what this message board is for. And when you bring other things into the debate, they should be discussed. When you insinuate that a shit writer for the Bears says that Webb is better than Carimi, and it's not really near what he said considering a thousand other factors, it should be addressed.

But you're right about the Tice-Webb connection. That can no longer be a reason used for why Webb was handed the job. It could still be used, however, when addressing how the Bears could have potentially turned a franchise QB into a less-than-franchise QB by making him terrified of life threatening injury every time he drops back into the pocket.

1. The Webb played better than Williams thing was definitely debated, and it was far from clear. Tice screwed Williams from day-one, and helped his boy Webb out from the beginning.

2. Carimi was handed the starting RT job because that's usually what happens with 1st rounders. You don't typically draft guys in the first round to sit the bench. His pedigree and collegiate resume were enough to give him some leeway that it would be probable he'd figure things out once on the field.

It is getting real old, but that's what this message board is for. And when you bring other things into the debate, they should be discussed. When you insinuate that a shit writer for the Bears says that Webb is better than Carimi, and it's not really near what he said considering a thousand other factors, it should be addressed.

But you're right about the Tice-Webb connection. That can no longer be a reason used for why Webb was handed the job. It could still be used, however, when addressing how the Bears could have potentially turned a franchise QB into a less-than-franchise QB by making him terrified of life threatening injury every time he drops back into the pocket.

I think its pretty easy to "insinuate" that he thought Webb>Carimi when he said what he said...I may be wrong and it may be just because RT is easier to fill but of course your opinion will never be wrong.

Oh lord....it'll never end with you will it.

I think its pretty easy to "insinuate" that he thought Webb>Carimi when he said what he said...I may be wrong and it may be just because RT is easier to fill but of course your opinion will never be wrong.

Oh lord....it'll never end with you will it.

I didn't say I was never wrong. But it's difficult to prove wrong what never happens either way.

And why should it end with me? Am I obligated to let you have the last word? Your opinion is that he's saying Webb>Carimi, but I just happen to think that's a vast stretch of the imagination when comparing positions. I wonder if he'd change his opinion after Webb's recent arrest?

Oh, and just for fun, check out the bottom of this link:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1061841...-tackles/page/6

Interesting what they say about Webb:

"Webb, two seasons into his NFL career, is a limited left tackle who doesn't have the agility to play in space. Would be better off on the right side in a power run scheme."

Now, Bleacher Report is far from the final say on anything related to football, but it's not all that ridiculous of an idea to put a guy who is best suited as a RT at RT, and put a guy who has played virtually nothing but LT at LT.

Oh, and just for fun, check out the bottom of this link:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1061841...-tackles/page/6

Interesting what they say about Webb:

"Webb, two seasons into his NFL career, is a limited left tackle who doesn't have the agility to play in space. Would be better off on the right side in a power run scheme."

Now, Bleacher Report is far from the final say on anything related to football, but it's not all that ridiculous of an idea to put a guy who is best suited as a RT at RT, and put a guy who has played virtually nothing but LT at LT.

Oh stop it, bleacher report is the last line of defense. There's also been numerous reports on there saying he SHOULD be the LT next year.

Here's Fantasy football toolboxs take on Carimi

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile...rospect_ID=2416

At the next level, a lot of his problems in pass protection can be worked on. The main issue is his footwork. He's not quick, he leans forward too much at the waist and needs to learn to keep his feet underneath him at all times. Right now, he's a big liability at left tackle but could eventually be a career pro at either spot if he's given the right coaching. This is an optimistic point of view as many will see him as a pure right tackle in the NFL.

and Walterfootballs

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2011gcarimi.php

Carimi will play in the NFL for some team and start at right tackle. He is by no means a left tackle and I will be shocked if he is drafted in the first round next year. Carimi has size and he is a powerful run blocker, but lacks the athleticism, technique and consistency for him to be even discussed as a first-round talent. I think he is a second- or third-round pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, and I currently have a third-round grade on Carimi.

I could probably go further on this......Every year you hear of players having to switch positions coming into the NFL its no big shocker that they moved Carimi to LT..

Oh stop it, bleacher report is the last line of defense. There's also been numerous reports on there saying he SHOULD be the LT next year.

Here's Fantasy football toolboxs take on Carimi

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile...rospect_ID=2416

and Walterfootballs

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2011gcarimi.php

I could probably go further on this......Every year you hear of players having to switch positions coming into the NFL its no big shocker that they moved Carimi to LT..

So one link says that you give the dude some coaching and he's a career pro at either spot, and the other says Carimi should have been drafted in the 3rd. Great consistency. I don't debate that many were saying he should be a RT. It was definitely said. I debate the logic of moving a guy who has played nothing but LT his entire career over to the right side. It's akin to making a right-handed boxer start fighting left-handed. Sure, it's still crosses, hooks, jabs, and uppercuts, but the hands doing the punches are doing things a bit differently.

So one link says that you give the dude some coaching and he's a career pro at either spot, and the other says Carimi should have been drafted in the 3rd. Great consistency. I don't debate that many were saying he should be a RT. It was definitely said. I debate the logic of moving a guy who has played nothing but LT his entire career over to the right side. It's akin to making a right-handed boxer start fighting left-handed. Sure, it's still crosses, hooks, jabs, and uppercuts, but the hands doing the punches are doing things a bit differently.

It happens every year in the draft to a large % of players. It's really nothing new.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Your college position doesn't always = your position in the pros. If everything was equal then why isn't Denard Robinson playing quarterback in the NFL? He's played that position his entire career, so why are teams asking him to play receiver? Same reason applies to other players at other positions.

Everything in the NFL is different; From the speed of the game to playing against better players, where everybody is good. Just because you can block some joe schmo as a left tackle in college, doesn't mean you are best suited to do it against the athletes at the professional level. That's why people scout. You find out what players are good at and then determine how their skill sets would be best utilized at the next level. Obviously the Bears felt Carimi was best suited to play RT where he could play to his strengths as a run blocker.

He would have been going up against better pass rushers as a LT. His familiarity is only going to take him so far. He never possessed great agility in college, but it didn't matter as much because he was playing against COLLEGE talent in the Big 10 where Wisconsin had arguably the best line in football at the time, like they usually do.