OLineman and TEs

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Lane Johnson 28 reps @ 303

DJ Fluker 21 @ 339 (awful, plus he dropped 15lbs)

Erik Fisher 27 @ 308

John Cooper 35 @ 311

Larry Warford 28 @ 332

Luke Joekel 27 @ 306

still waiting on Kyle Long, Warmack, etc

I gotta give Lane Johnson a shout.

Zack Ertz 24reps at 255

Eifert 22 reps at 250

Fauria 17 reps at 259

Sims 22 reps at 262

Escobar

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think about Terron Armstead? I believe he's the fastest, most athletic OL in the draft. Just ran a 4.65 40. I saw Brad Biggs just tweeted the Bears spoke to him at the senior bowl. Interesting prospect.

I brought him up in my last mock as a 4th round guy and got ripped because I didn't have them going OT in round 1 or 2. Now, he looks like a 3rd round guy. Tremendous athleticism with big upside and might be perfect to be worked on by Kromer.

In my pinned thread, I wrote he had an interview with the Bears.

I brought him up in my last mock as a 4th round guy and got ripped because I didn't have them going OT in round 1 or 2. Now, he looks like a 3rd round guy. Tremendous athleticism with big upside and might be perfect to be worked on by Kromer.

In my pinned thread, I wrote he had an interview with the Bears.

I like Athletic offensive lineman. He just became a favorite. He's not a pile of goo either. Kid looks put together. I would definitely endorse him as a potential draftee.

Terron Armstead 31/4.65 and Lane Johnson 28/4.75 are the top performers so far. Kyle Long is the only other to break 5.0.

Fluker looks like crap, 21 reps and 5.32 40. He is going to fall.

I would love Johnson at 20. Joeckel, Warmack, Fisher, and Cooper will all be gone before 20.

Terron Armstead 31/4.65 and Lane Johnson 28/4.75 are the top performers so far. Kyle Long is the only other to break 5.0.

Fluker looks like crap, 21 reps and 5.32 40. He is going to fall.

I would love Johnson at 20. Joeckel, Warmack, Fisher, and Cooper will all be gone before 20.

Fluker has the longest arms of any OT. It's hard to do a lot of reps when it's a longer way down and up.

By the way, Joeckel's 10 yard split was 1.81 and Fluker's was 1.83. Fluker's 40 was 0.03 faster than Joeckel's.

Fluker has the longest arms of any OT. It's hard to do a lot of reps when it's a longer way down and up.

By the way, Joeckel's 10 yard split was 1.81 and Fluker's was 1.83. Fluker's 40 was 0.03 faster than Joeckel's.

Yeah, Joeckel wasn't that fast either.

For the arm length, if you say that, then the heavier someone weighs the more reps they should be able to do.

Long is looking good in the drills.

Yeah, Joeckel wasn't that fast either.

For the arm length, if you say that, then the heavier someone weighs the more reps they should be able to do.

Long is looking good in the drills.

Tyler Eifert is proving his 1st rd grade with 4.60 forty time. 35" vert and 9'11" broad. Just crushing ertz. Kinda also proves y thoughts about ertz. Nice addition but not worth the high grade for him

Tyler Eifert is proving his 1st rd grade with 4.60 forty time. 35" vert and 9'11" broad. Just crushing ertz. Kinda also proves y thoughts about ertz. Nice addition but not worth the high grade for him

On most boards now, Ertz is being picked higher.Eifert is more athletic but is he a better football player? time will tell. I would take either one at this point.

Escobar didn't impress me as much as his tape did, will he drop to the 4th though? Highly doubtful. The way the guys we're talking there's gonna be a lot of TEs going in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. It'd be nice to grab an extra 3rd rounder somehow and if we can't then i think we almost have to grab a TE in the 2nd. We might get lucky and have a guy drop to us in the 4th but IMO it's not worth the risk.

One of the guys said there's about a 0% chance Johnson drops out of the top 15 so we can all let that go. (Though it's early and players can jump ahead of him)

Armstead looked impressive but Mayock said he was a LT "down the road" which I took as he's gonna take a year or 2 to develop into that roll. His scouting reports check out with that same thought...Something most Bear fans can not wait for.

Escobar didn't impress me as much as his tape did, will he drop to the 4th though? Highly doubtful. The way the guys we're talking there's gonna be a lot of TEs going in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. It'd be nice to grab an extra 3rd rounder somehow and if we can't then i think we almost have to grab a TE in the 2nd. We might get lucky and have a guy drop to us in the 4th but IMO it's not worth the risk.

One of the guys said there's about a 0% chance Johnson drops out of the top 15 so we can all let that go. (Though it's early and players can jump ahead of him)

Armstead looked impressive but Mayock said he was a LT "down the road" which I took as he's gonna take a year or 2 to develop into that roll. His scouting reports check out with that same thought...Something most Bear fans can not wait for.

I agree that TE is the position to most likely have meteoric run during a round because of how much an impact the position has had in the league recently.

Armstead is working his way into the 2nd day for sure.

Every left tackle drafted outside the top 10 is pretty much a work in progress, and will take a year or two to develop. Tackles are much the same as WR because it is a difficult position to get adjusted to right out of the gate. If you're looking for somebody to come in right away and not have that learning curve, you're talking about free agency.

Every left tackle drafted outside the top 10 is pretty much a work in progress, and will take a year or two to develop. Tackles are much the same as WR because it is a difficult position to get adjusted to right out of the gate. If you're looking for somebody to come in right away and not have that learning curve, you're talking about free agency.

Which is why I see Webb as our LT next year.