Bennett & Bushrod Press Conference Starting Now

dawhizz

I think (some of) you guys misunderstand him.

He's not immature. He's an artist. He works hard to keep a state of glee. He won't settle for average. Think of it as being competitive about happiness.

I understand that you guys see "abnormal" but there's more than one kind. In this case, it's more like eccentric. He's a good guy. Says his idea of a good time is a nice dinner and some art galleries. I have to agree.

I think his positive energy is going to be a great thing.

McMahon, for example, was also quirky and so was Ditka. Their energy helped the team. And Bennett's energy is a LOT more positive. I don't see him (or B Marshall) as being negative at all.

I think we will grow to love this guy. I'm impressed.

Bennett was hillarious to me. You can tell he takes a lot of pride in his work tho, especially his blocking and wants to be a top receiving TE.

Bushrod did more to convince me that me may not be that good of a TE in one interview than anything I have read about him tho. He didn't seem confident at all, personally pointing out struggles he has every year. I think he will be fine with Kromer, but if Kromer wasn't here I'd be doubting him now.

This is my favorite free agent signing year for the Bears in a long time.

Bennett was hillarious to me. You can tell he takes a lot of pride in his work tho, especially his blocking and wants to be a top receiving TE.

Bushrod did more to convince me that me may not be that good of a TE in one interview than anything I have read about him tho. He didn't seem confident at all, personally pointing out struggles he has every year. I think he will be fine with Kromer, but if Kromer wasn't here I'd be doubting him now.

This is my favorite free agent signing year for the Bears in a long time.

Yup so now I don't have to use PFF in the argument that both he and Webb were inconsistent now that Bushrod himself has said it. Hopefully he clears those inconsistencies up so we all don't have to bitch and moan for another 4 years about LT.

re: Bushrod's comments - What I heard was a guy that knows he needs to keep working and adapt. I like that attitude.

When you heard Bennett say something similar about run blocking, you didn't say anything. Maybe that's cuz it didn't help your point you've been harping on.

re: Bushrod's comments - What I heard was a guy that knows he needs to keep working and adapt. I like that attitude.

When you heard Bennett say something similar about run blocking, you didn't say anything. Maybe that's cuz it didn't help your point you've been harping on.

Because Bennetts run blocking isn't in question. Run blocking for a TE is a plus, pass blocking for a LT is a must.

Because Bennetts run blocking isn't in question. Run blocking for a TE is a plus, pass blocking for a LT is a must.

You're not understanding. I'm talking about attitude. The idea that he just got all this money, but isnt complacent, and knows he needs to keep working and growing as a player sounds like a good solid humble guy.

This reminds me of when you had it in your head that we should run a 3-4.

Luckily, your pessimism won't matter :)

Lmao, I love it. Long live the Black Unicorn. Just because you're a professional athlete doesn't mean you can't be a goof.

I hope he gets in with Marshall over at Speed to get in his best shape possible for the season.

Here is a Bennett workout video:

I love the ball grip exercises.

Bennett is a clown. He said he loves Harry Potter, museums, cheerios, art, dinosaurs, unicorns and bears.

I always wondered how Dallas just let him go and he looked so great every game I saw him with the Giants.....

Now I know why he's on his 3rd team already going into his 5th year.

However, Marshall is close to him and he was deemed a cancer by many due to maturity issues. We certainly know how wrong that assumption was. Here is to hoping Bennett reaches his potential in Chicago.

You're not understanding. I'm talking about attitude. The idea that he just got all this money, but isnt complacent, and knows he needs to keep working and growing as a player sounds like a good solid humble guy.

This reminds me of when you had it in your head that we should run a 3-4.

Luckily, your pessimism won't matter :)

Hey man that 3-4 idea was solid! lol

It's funny that I'm being considered a pessimist when I've always been known as an optimistic homer lol.

I dont see the Seahawks and SF on your list that got better.

It's all good scs :)

I just think that Bushrod will be a tremendous upgrade from Webb.

I'm very optimistic about this season.

As am I man, I was ok with Webb so I'm no doubt ok with Bushrod who no doubt offers more in the run game.

I trust Jay will get the ball out quicker which will make the whole line look better.

Yup so now I don't have to use PFF in the argument that both he and Webb were inconsistent now that Bushrod himself has said it. Hopefully he clears those inconsistencies up so we all don't have to bitch and moan for another 4 years about LT.

It's not about the consistency. It's about the level of consistency and abilities. Nobody is consistent all the time, but some are more consistent than others. I'm sure both Webb and Bushrod expect to succeed every play, every game. So trying to glean some PFF comparison because Bushrod says he's inconsistent is just as incomplete as the PFF stats. Maybe Bushrod is just thinking of one play each game? Maybe it's one series each game? Maybe he'd like those to be more consistent.

It's not about the consistency. It's about the level of consistency and abilities. Nobody is consistent all the time, but some are more consistent than others. I'm sure both Webb and Bushrod expect to succeed every play, every game. So trying to glean some PFF comparison because Bushrod says he's inconsistent is just as incomplete as the PFF stats. Maybe Bushrod is just thinking of one play each game? Maybe it's one series each game? Maybe he'd like those to be more consistent.

i can't really argue with you because you don't believe in PFF so it's pointless to even bring up all the games he had negative ratings and such. Or bring up the game against San Fran that Webb got killed for 8 pressures while Bushrod gave up 10 against the same team.

As a guy who hasn't watched a single Saints game I can't really go off anything other than PFF and Saints fans who say he's nothing special.

I don't hate the move nor do I love it. I'll support Bushrod just like I've supported Webbs progress. That's what I am, a homer, I'll support my guy through and through.