Saints vs San Fran

scs787

Stumbled upon the full game, gonna check it out to scout our guy JB....If anyone else is interested here's the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id...p;v=dqt4wSL8zhc

I'm taking notes and I'll share later for those who don't have 2 hours to spare lol. Only watching Bushrod.

First Drive...

- 4 Dub Teams

- Beat by Aldon Smith twice

- Pushed back solo on Smith

- Held his own just twice in 9 Pass plays

----Saints put an extra lineman lined up at FB behind him...smart move.

2nd Drive...

- Double team

- Sack to Aldon Smith

--- 3 and out

3rd Drive....

- 2 good solo stops vs Justin Smith

----Brees pick on 3rd down

4th drive...

-4 plays where he just did 1 punch then ball was out

-1 max protection with an extra lineman next to him

-1 dub team w/ TE and 1 dub team w/ Nicks

-1 play pushed back into pocket by J Smith, Brees forced outta pocket

-1 Good solo play

5th drive....

- 3 good plays vs J. Smith

- 1 "bad" play vs J. Smith...Nearly pushed into Brees before Drew released ball

- Chip help from a RB kept A. Smith outta the pocket, needed help.

- Extra lineman @ FB on his side helped him dub team

6th drive....

- Beat by A Smith but quick release from bress

- A Smith got around him right as Brees was throwing

- Chip from WR helped JB.

---Pick by Brees

7th drive....

- 2 Good plays vs J. Smith

----3 and out.

Halftime notes.....He's done a pretty good job on Justin Smith, Aldon Smith has owned him though. A lot of double teams being used, which is needed against a guy like Alson Smith. Double teams with lineman, not TEs. How often did the Bears have an extra OL out there?

Drew Brees gets the ball out so quickly it's ridiculous, I hope the staff can get Jay to do the same otherwise we still could be in some trouble....I believe he will moving to the WCO so we should be good.

Time to take a dump.

2nd half

1D...

- Big OL FB again

- 2 Dub Team helps from Carl Nicks

- Good play vs J. Smith

- Pushed into QB by A. Smith

2D

- 2 dub team helps from Nicks

- 2 1 punch plays

- 2 good plays vs J Smith

3D

- 3 dub teams w/ Nicks and 1 Dub team w/ extra lineman

- Only 1 non dub team and he gave up a hit from A. Smith

4D

- Beat by J. Smith twice and allowed him in the pocket on the other play...3 and out

5D

- 1 dub team on DT, Big OL FB got the DE

- 3 straight good plays but Brees is really moving at this point (hurry up offense)

- A whiff on A. Smith

- Another 1 punch quick throw

AND THEN these asshole cut the game short! 4 min to go on the clock! ugh full game my ass!

Final thoughts...

-Man is San Frans D good, Brees really didn't have a clean pocket much at all.

-Probably not the best game to judge Bushrod in since they are so good.

-I now see what Saints fans mean by him riding the coattails of Nicks and Grubbs

-Plays where he wasn't getting help from Nicks or the big OL FB Stithcomb (Their RT in previous years) he was getting beat

-Maybe we put Carimi or Webb in that big FB role

-He'll need a lot of help against speed guys like Aldon Smith...And probably Clay Matthews

-No shocker here but we really need a GOOD LG next to him

-Once again hard to judge him vs one of the top Ds in the league but I didn't get any closure at all from this game on feeling good about Bushrod.

-Sadly I can't find the Bears vs San Fran game to make any kind of comparisons but if anyone can find it, shoot it my way.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stumbled upon the full game, gonna check it out to scout our guy JB....If anyone else is interested here's the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id...p;v=dqt4wSL8zhc

I'm taking notes and I'll share later for those who don't have 2 hours to spare lol. Only watching Bushrod.

First Drive...

- 4 Dub Teams

- Beat by Aldon Smith twice

- Pushed back solo on Smith

- Held his own just twice in 9 Pass plays

----Saints put an extra lineman lined up at FB behind him...smart move.

2nd Drive...

- Double team

- Sack to Aldon Smith

--- 3 and out

3rd Drive....

Somebody with wayyy to much times on there hands lol

Somebody with wayyy to much times on there hands lol

Duh lol dont you know this already lol....it's a fun time.

Final drives of Bears vs SF, 3 D linemen vs bears 5 O lineman. Cutler sacked and hit on every play. The guys we had all sucked.

Was it a stunt? those can be hard to pick up if there's no continuity on the line.

And it happened this past year as well. Read my signature line.

Actually the same thing just happened near the 1:38 mark of the video...Justin and Aldon Smith were the only ones rushing and Justin got the sack while Bushrod was pushed back into the QB by Alson....Apparently it happens to the best of lines as well.

Actually the same thing just happened near the 1:38 mark of the video...Justin and Aldon Smith were the only ones rushing and Justin got the sack while Bushrod was pushed back into the QB by Alson....Apparently it happens to the best of lines as well.

And we're supposed to buy that because he "went to two pro bowls" he is the solution over Webb? Is it possible it was more of the offensive team's doing (Brees et al) than Bushrod's individual effort?

His and Bennet's signings bewilder me a little bit. I guess only time will tell.

And we're supposed to buy that because he "went to two pro bowls" he is the solution over Webb? Is it possible it was more of the offensive team's doing (Brees et al) than Bushrod's individual effort?

His and Bennet's signings bewilder me a little bit. I guess only time will tell.

Why does the Bennett signing bewilder you?

Why does the Bennett signing bewilder you?

Outside of his being a good maybe decent blocker, he really hasn't consistently proven himself as the catching threat everyone is making him out to be. He wasn't super good in Dallas but he did improve once a Giant. But was that due more to Manning vs Romo more than anything?

Kevin Boss is an example of what I'm talking about. Since leaving the Giants what has he done?

I have busted watched the same game nfl divisional playoff game on farmlands in HD. The you tube game is poor quality and is difficult to analyse the plays.

1st drive Brees is not touched and drives down inside SF 10 and throws an interception.

2nd drive Brees still not touched and throws interception which is returned for a rd 14-0 to SF.

3rd drive fumble KO fumble which leads to SF fg. 17-0. SF.

4th drive Brees still not touched and throws TD 17-7.

5th drive Brees still not touched throws TD 17-14 and Brees is 21-25-2-1.

6th drive Brees not touched throws interception and ends half 22-28-2-2

Now Bushrod held is own with limited help and although at times looked to be beaten fought until Brees got rid of the ball sometimes after 5 second. I have not seen a bears LT not be on their as when no help as been given by a tight end or back in at least 3 seasons. I feel Bushrod will be a steal when all is said and done.

Well I'm all finished guys...what a fun way to pass the time! If you find anymore full games you want me to breakdown I'd love to.

It's very possible it was due to Brees getting the ball out quick and him "Riding the coattails" of Carl Nicks and then Ben Grubbs, 2 of the best OGs in the league. It's really hard for me to judge him in 1 game vs one of the best defenses in the league though. Even though Webb got a lot of judgement for his poor play vs SF...Plain and simple SF is tough to defend.

Outside of his being a good maybe decent blocker, he really hasn't consistently proven himself as the catching threat everyone is making him out to be. He wasn't super good in Dallas but he did improve once a Giant. But was that due more to Manning vs Romo more than anything?

Kevin Boss is an example of what I'm talking about. Since leaving the Giants what has he done?

Gonna have to disagree on Bennett though, as the #1 TE he shined last year and I see no reason why he won't this year. He was a 2nd round pick who had a lot of potential coming out of Texas A & M. Being behind Jason Witten who was getting over 120 targets a year really limits any kind looks you're gonna get as a back up. He got a "prove it" contract in NY and he did just that "proved it".

Boss wasn't that bad in Oakland, his targets went down a lot but his YPC stayed around the same....Then I'm not sure if he got hurt or what in KC but he only played 2 games.

I have busted watched the same game nfl divisional playoff game on farmlands in HD. The you tube game is poor quality and is difficult to analyse the plays.

1st drive Brees is not touched and drives down inside SF 10 and throws an interception.

2nd drive Brees still not touched and throws interception which is returned for a rd 14-0 to SF.

3rd drive fumble KO fumble which leads to SF fg. 17-0. SF.

4th drive Brees still not touched and throws TD 17-7.

5th drive Brees still not touched throws TD 17-14 and Brees is 21-25-2-1.

6th drive Brees not touched throws interception and ends half 22-28-2-2

Now Bushrod held is own with limited help and although at times looked to be beaten fought until Brees got rid of the ball sometimes after 5 second. I have not seen a bears LT not be on their as when no help as been given by a tight end or back in at least 3 seasons. I feel Bushrod will be a steal when all is said and done.

Uh are we watching the same game man?? Brees was sacked on the 2nd drive. and the only reason he's not being touched is because he gets the ball out so quick. He didn't throw a pick on his 2nd drive, they went 3 and out.

You can also turn up the quality and watch it HQ on youtube like i did.

Uh are we watching the same game man?? Brees was sacked on the 2nd drive. and the only reason he's not being touched is because he gets the ball out so quick. He didn't throw a pick on his 2nd drive, they went 3 and out.

You can also turn up the quality and watch it HQ on youtube like i did.

I was watching the Nfl division round game 2011 same game?

I am so sick of hearing how bushrod just "rode the coat tails" notion. Look I completely get the fact that nicks and Grubbs are very good guards in this league but to constantly dismiss everything JB has done just because he had the pleasure of playing nxt to them and then try and justify Webb just because he's played next to crap is completely stupid in my opinion. I have a hard time believing for even a second that Webb would be a pro bowler if he played next to grubbs and nicks

I was watching the Nfl division round game 2011 same game?

Yup same game but I think you missed the 2nd drive because he was sacked and didnt throw a pick till his 3rd drive.

Can you specifically see how many times the Saints use a chip from a running back, WR, or Tight End on the guy on the outside of the defensive line?

When I paid attention to that in the Saints/49ers playoff game, it seemed like every play.

Honestly I only have 2 chips marked down from a RB or WR. BUT double teams with a TE staying in or Carl Nicks helping on the outside happened early and often. They also used a Stithcomb, a RT, in the FB position quite a few times at FB to take on the outside rusher while Bushrod and Nicks double teamed the DT.

They look like chips on every play though cause its just 1 punch then the balls out it seems. Drew Brees and that offense maid the OL look good. Most of the time the ball is out after a 2 count. I really hope they can get Jay like that.

Honestly I only have 2 chips marked down from a RB or WR. BUT double teams with a TE staying in or Carl Nicks helping on the outside happened early and often. They also used a Stithcomb, a RT, in the FB position quite a few times at FB to take on the outside rusher while Bushrod and Nicks double teamed the DT.

They look like chips on every play though cause its just 1 punch then the balls out it seems. Drew Brees and that offense maid the OL look good. Most of the time the ball is out after a 2 count. I really hope they can get Jay like that.

Ok, so that's basically what I was seeing.

When I compared what the Saints do to what the Bears tried to do, it was night and day. Webb was on an island constantly, whereas Bushrod never seemed to be alone with no help.

I am so sick of hearing how bushrod just "rode the coat tails" notion. Look I completely get the fact that nicks and Grubbs are very good guards in this league but to constantly dismiss everything JB has done just because he had the pleasure of playing nxt to them and then try and justify Webb just because he's played next to crap is completely stupid in my opinion. I have a hard time believing for even a second that Webb would be a pro bowler if he played next to grubbs and nicks

Watch the game man, it didn't take that long. I know it's only 1 game vs a tough tough defense, but whenever he wasn't getting help from Nicks he looked bad. When he was going solo vs Justin Smith he held his ground a few times going solo but was also beat a few times going solo.

Since you guys remember the Bears games so much...How often did Webb get help from another OFFENSIVE LINEMAN not a TE or a RB but an OL??

If Nicks helped him every game like he did in this game then I understand them saying that. It's something we'll see here a lot here more than likely so it's all good.

Ok, so that's basically what I was seeing.

When I compared what the Saints do to what the Bears tried to do, it was night and day. Webb was on an island constantly, whereas Bushrod never seemed to be alone with no help.

Yup, clearly night and day. It will be nice to get that blocking scheme in here but I think it could have been done with Webb at LT.....But that thought is just coming after 1 game vs a very tough opponent.

Yup, clearly night and day. It will be nice to get that blocking scheme in here but I think it could have been done with Webb at LT.....But that thought is just coming after 1 game vs a very tough opponent.

The biggest difference I see with Bushrod V Webb is Bushrod is on his feet and Webb is on his arse or back more often than not. I would consider Webb as soft when the going is tough I.e. v SF this year he looked spaced as if he could not comprehend what was happening and how he could stop himself having an arse whipping.

scs - Since you have ample time, would you be willing to do a play-by-play breakdown of what you believe happens? Give it a grade on each play. Use whatever scale you want (A-F, 1-10, whatever). Include N/A plays where you see fit.

If you're willing to do this, I'll do the same over the weekend. I'd be interested to see whether your thoughts coincide with mine. Part of the problem on all this is "how" someone gets graded.

The biggest difference I see with Bushrod V Webb is Bushrod is on his feet and Webb is on his arse or back more often than not. I would consider Webb as soft when the going is tough I.e. v SF this year he looked spaced as if he could not comprehend what was happening and how he could stop himself having an arse whipping.

Really wish I could find the bears game vs SF to compare....I honestly don't even remember much of the game I JUST WATCHED lol but I did right a note after every play. PFF has the pressures # at 10 for JB vs 8 for JW so based solely on that JW had the better game.