Mathieu

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Tyrann Mathieu is currently on NFL AM and wow, I don't know what to think of him. He admits he only benched 4 reps at the combine because "his focus was on keeping a tight circle, staying off weed and having a 4.4 40." The issue I have with that is if he has to use so much of himself to just keep normal friends and stay off an illegal drug, that situation is rough. Another issue I have is that he put that put focus into a 40 to run a 4.4 and still couldn't.

Mathieu also claims he had to be told a couple times to stop and still didn't.

Oh, and he said if he got drafted by New Orleans, he'd have to find a way to stay out of trouble. Ouch.

I still think he could be a steal but man, I don't know about round 4 anymore.

I'm glad someone watched this. I saw that it was going to be on, but couldn't tune in. Obviously if the Bears are interested, they are going to (or have already) talked to him to feel him out. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

Guest TerraTor
I'm glad someone watched this. I saw that it was going to be on, but couldn't tune in. Obviously if the Bears are interested, they are going to (or have already) talked to him to feel him out. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

Stallworth drove wrecked and killed someone...

Tyrann Mathieu is currently on NFL AM and wow, I don't know what to think of him. He admits he only benched 4 reps at the combine because "his focus was on keeping a tight circle, staying off weed and having a 4.4 40." The issue I have with that is if he has to use so much of himself to just keep normal friends and stay off an illegal drug, that situation is rough. Another issue I have is that he put that put focus into a 40 to run a 4.4 and still couldn't.

Mathieu also claims he had to be told a couple times to stop and still didn't.

Oh, and he said if he got drafted by New Orleans, he'd have to find a way to stay out of trouble. Ouch.

I still think he could be a steal but man, I don't know about round 4 anymore.

Mathieu has serious mental health problems as well as well documented recent drug history.

If you watched the national title game in '12 in his last game vs Alabama....he got worked really bad in coverage. Lets not forget how small he is at Safety as well. He's a great return man, but with his probhems and size issues- he's a 7th Rounder to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Its a hit and a miss, every situation is different

Ahem...

Cough...

MLB?

It is hit and miss, you're right, but that would have been a huge hit. Especially since the team got rid of Urlacher. Sure would have been a nice 7th rounder last year.

I believe Mathieu will be another one of those hits, provided it doesn't cost more than a 3rd rounder. His question marks and measurables are enough to cause some concern. If he's there in the 4th round - which would be insane - the Bears would be equally insane not to grab him.