Bears 1 of 4 teams interested in Brandon Moore

bradjock

As per PFT. Althogh he's visiting with the Cowboys and Lions. The Dolphins are also interested.

Offensive guard is one area with have not addressed in free agency. (which leads me to suspect we plan on starting Carimi at guard).

It would be huge if we could add Moore to stabilize the line. Although he plays at RG which means we'd need to move either him or Lance Louis to LG (assuming Louis resigns.)

As per PFT. Althogh he's visiting with the Cowboys and Lions. The Dolphins are also interested.

Offensive guard is one area with have not addressed in free agency. (which leads me to suspect we plan on starting Carimi at guard).

It would be huge if we could add Moore to stabilize the line. Although he plays at RG which means we'd need to move either him or Lance Louis to LG (assuming Louis resigns.)

I think the only way we move Carmi to guard is if we resign Scott and dont sign Louis. Those transactions will tell what we do with Carmi. Also Miami has a lot of cap space yet and if Moore left there without a contract, it tells me Moore will want more than the minimum to play. It would be nice to bring him here but I dont think he signs for less than 2years-4 to 5 mil., which probably puts us out of the running. Most teams in the league would sign him for the vet min.

I think the only way we move Carmi to guard is if we resign Scott and dont sign Louis. Those transactions will tell what we do with Carmi. Also Miami has a lot of cap space yet and if Moore left there without a contract, it tells me Moore will want more than the minimum to play. It would be nice to bring him here but I dont think he signs for less than 2years-4 to 5 mil., which probably puts us out of the running. Most teams in the league would sign him for the vet min.

Also he might not want to play for a losing team as the Dolphins are....lol

Moore is a pro-bowl caliber player who never misses a game. To hell with the minimum. sign him for 2 years 4 to 5 million. That's less than we paid Chris Spencer. The main difference would be that unlike Spencer, Brandon Moore doesn't suck. That' s important.

To your first point, about moving Carimi, do you really think we will sign not one but two starting guards? If we sign Louis, his health will be questionable. If we draft a guy early to start . . . there's no guarantees with a rookie. The longer Jonathon Scott is a free agent, the more likely it is he'll return to the Bears.

Moore is a pro-bowl caliber player who never misses a game. To hell with the minimum. sign him for 2 years 4 to 5 million. That's less than we paid Chris Spencer. The main difference would be that unlike Spencer, Brandon Moore doesn't suck. That' s important.

If Emery is to be believed, doing so would require rescinding the franchise tag on Melton.

If Emery is to be believed, doing so would require rescinding the franchise tag on Melton.

Or just extended him. Tillman and Jennings could also be extended to free up money for Moore who would really complete this offseason and set up quite the interesting draft.

Per KFFL the Cowboys are not looking at Moore at all

Melton signed his franchise tender. We are no longer able to rescind it. We could sign him to a long term contract with a better cap hit, but he's ours for the 2013 season.

That being said, why would it be necessary to dump Melton to sign Moore to a 2 million per year contract? We could dump Hester and free up that amount. I'm not saying we should dump Hester, he's just one of many ways we can get under the cap to sign Moore.

Melton signed his franchise tender. We are no longer able to rescind it. We could sign him to a long term contract with a better cap hit, but he's ours for the 2013 season.

That being said, why would it be necessary to dump Melton to sign Moore to a 2 million per year contract? We could dump Hester and free up that amount. I'm not saying we should dump Hester, he's just one of many ways we can get under the cap to sign Moore.

If we could dump Hester and get Moore that would be a great move.

Another possibility is Earl Bennett at $2.35, especially if we are targeting a speedy slot WR in the 1st o 2nd round.

I'd rather not, what happens if one of the starters gets hurt? Weems would be our #3 unless they like one of the practice squad guys which is a possibility. With Hester not being utilized as a WR I am now on board with getting a WR in the draft but we shouldn't give Bennett the boot after drafting one. The depth is a plus, as is his familiarity with Cutler.

I'd rather not, what happens if one of the starters gets hurt? Weems would be our #3 unless they like one of the practice squad guys which is a possibility. With Hester not being utilized as a WR I am now on board with getting a WR in the draft but we shouldn't give Bennett the boot after drafting one. The depth is a plus, as is his familiarity with Cutler.

Actually, it will come down to what type of WR's Trestman wants. Bennett might fit the mold perfectly, or he may not fit at all (with the need for speed in the slot). I would take Moore and a rookie slot WR over just Bennett as the #3 with Brown currently penciled in at G.

Actually, it will come down to what type of WR's Trestman wants. Bennett might fit the mold perfectly, or he may not fit at all (with the need for speed in the slot). I would take Moore and a rookie slot WR over just Bennett as the #3 with Brown currently penciled in at G.

I made mention earlier in the offseason that I think Bennett, with his relationship with Cutler, would be a good fit in a WCO. A good QB/WR relationship is key in a WCO. All that said we still need depth behind him in case of injury. I'd rather let Hester walk for around the same savings to pick up Moore....Or try to extend Melton/Jennings/Peanut to make the Moore deal happen.