Latest Walters mock

Stinger226

I don't like it considering how the draft plays out. The alternative could be:

1. Fluker

2. Teo

4. Mathieu

I'd much rather have that draft.

Hate all 3. We already have 3 guys signed to compete at RT. Drafting Fluker would be like drafting a TE with the 1st pick. 2nd, I simply feel Te'o will be a bust. Mathieu is a huge gamble in the 4th and not needed.

Our immediate upgrade list includes OG, OC, LB, CB, DT and WR.

I don't like it considering how the draft plays out. The alternative could be:

1. Fluker

2. Teo

4. Mathieu

I'd much rather have that draft.

Those are all good names, but if we drafted Flucker that gives us 4 RT going into training camp, and Brown will be a ieumuch better player than Te''o. Boyce addresses a need while Mathieu still has a lot of ?s

Hate all 3. We already have 3 guys signed to compete at RT. Drafting Fluker would be like drafting a TE with the 1st pick. 2nd, I simply feel Te'o will be a bust. Mathieu is a huge gamble in the 4th and not needed.

Our immediate upgrade list includes OG, OC, LB, CB, DT and WR.

I'm going off the whole "Fluker to RG" thing. If he moves inside, it's Carimi and Webb at RT. if Fluker stays outside, Carimi slides in and starts.

And how is Mathieu not needed? You listed CB as the fourth need.

Also, for all others, why the hate for Teo? Because he didn't beat a team of NFLers by himself in the championship game? That game was incredibly lopsided talent wise, with not nearly the NFL-talent on ND as on UA. He will have a very good pro career.

I'm going off the whole "Fluker to RG" thing. If he moves inside, it's Carimi and Webb at RT. if Fluker stays outside, Carimi slides in and starts.

Also, for all others, why the hate for Teo? Because he didn't beat a team of NFLers by himself in the championship game? That game was incredibly lopsided talent wise, with not nearly the NFL-talent on ND as on UA. He will have a very good pro career.

No it's because he (the future NFLer himself) couldn't tackle those other future NFLers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-01-0...ain-brian-kelly

Te'o missed four tackles in just first half against Alabama. The only time the Irish tipped a ball, Te'o wasn't in position to pick the ball off. All in all, Te'o missed seven tackles Monday night, and he looked like a shell of the man who took home eight awards and countless accolades.

If he's a worthy first round talent then the expectation is that even if his Dline can't get the job done then when the play is in his area, and he has the chance to make the tackle, he makes the tackle. He didn't.

No it's because he (the future NFLer himself) couldn't tackle those other future NFLers.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-01-0...ain-brian-kelly

Te'o missed four tackles in just first half against Alabama. The only time the Irish tipped a ball, Te'o wasn't in position to pick the ball off. All in all, Te'o missed seven tackles Monday night, and he looked like a shell of the man who took home eight awards and countless accolades.

If he's a worthy first round talent then the expectation is that even if his Dline can't get the job done then when the play is in his area, and he has the chance to make the tackle, he makes the tackle. He didn't.

Only 46 solo tackles in 13 games is also pretty weak...15 of those came in 2 games, so the other 11 he averaged 2.8, 31 total.

Brown had 65

Ogletree had 64 in just 10 games.

Only 46 solo tackles in 13 games is also pretty weak...15 of those came in 2 games, so the other 11 he averaged 2.8, 31 total.

Brown had 65

Ogletree had 64 in just 10 games.

But Brown and Ogletree probably won't be there in the second round. Teo might. And if so, it's a good value.

I'd like Fluker as a RG

On Mathieu; he's immature, a pothead, verysmall, weak and does not like to hit or be hit. The only CB I ever saw thrive without having to hit was Sanders. Mathieu is not remotely close.

On Te'o; I think he's going to be a bust. No strength at point of attack, no burst and no natural size. It will remain to be seen what he is in the NFL.

For me i think it would go either like this

#1 Alec Ogletree/LB

#2 Larry Warford/OG

#4 Josh Boyce/WR

or

#1 Cooper OG

#2 Bostic LB

#4 Stills WR

any of those sound good to me. I still think Brown is going to be a tackling machine in the NFL and would prefer to grab him.

You guys seem to be forgetting CB. Who steps in if Tillman goes down? Hayden does, but then who fills in at nickel? I'm all for drafting a G, C, WR and LB but CB is a need as well. David Amerson is round 2 would be tremendous value.

I definitely think one of our first 3 picks will be a CB. I still think we will move down and have 4 in the first 4 rounds someway or another, which will fall inline with the positions you mentioned.

I definitely think one of our first 3 picks will be a CB. I still think we will move down and have 4 in the first 4 rounds someway or another, which will fall inline with the positions you mentioned.

There are always some CB's who get picked up mid-season by teams that have a ton of injuries. I think the Giants lost their entire secondary 2 years ago when they won the championship.