Mid round picks that shine

Stinger226

I will list some names of players drafted in latter rounds that end up being good pros.

WR- I think Dennard Robinson ends up either as a PR,KR or a slot type WR being a productive NFL player. He has the speed football IQ to succeed at the next level.

OG-Alvin Bailey/Ark- He is athletic, been productive- and could end up a starter with the right team.

OC- Brian Schwenke - I think he starts his first year in the league.

DT- Akeem Spence- He had 72 tackles as a senior at Illinois- that is huge for a DT.

OLB- Gerald Hodges- Highly productive player with good instincts- I think he eventually starts for an NFL team.

CB- Terry Hawthorne- has the size and speed to be successful in the NFL. He improved every year.

I'm still intrigued by Robinson in the late rounds. He's been hurt, but I think once injury is healed will become a multidimensional threat. Could end up being a steal.

If they're really committed to trying some read-option plays next year...I don't like switching out the QB for a play, but that's a way to try it.

If they're really committed to trying some read-option plays next year...I don't like switching out the QB for a play, but that's a way to try it.

Please no. There is no reason to take away the deep threat on any single play just to run some little QB option with a flyweight player. Didn't work with Hester and won't work with Denard Robinson.

Please no. There is no reason to take away the deep threat on any single play just to run some little QB option with a flyweight player. Didn't work with Hester and won't work with Denard Robinson.

Agreed. Hate the idea. Especially if the team drops Hester from the offense. That would be contradictory.

For the record, my comments on Robinson were for wr/kr not read option gimmick. Now of he were the third qb, read option would be ok. Otherwise, I want Cutler under center.

For the record, my comments on Robinson were for wr/kr not read option gimmick. Now of he were the third qb, read option would be ok. Otherwise, I want Cutler under center.

We dont have the Oline that can run the read option...because our QB will have to many defensive players in the backfield to read cause the line cant hold their blocks

We dont have the Oline that can run the read option...because our QB will have to many defensive players in the backfield to read cause the line cant hold their blocks

The whole idea of this thread was for members to throw names our there that they think will end up being productive pros, that seems to have went sideways.

The whole idea of this thread was for members to throw names our there that they think will end up being productive pros, that seems to have went sideways.

In that sense yes I think Robinson will end up a decent player in the NFL but not as a read-option QB. If anything the team that plays that game, much like with Tebow, has to waste limited practice time working on those plays.

In that sense yes I think Robinson will end up a decent player in the NFL but not as a read-option QB. If anything the team that plays that game, much like with Tebow, has to waste limited practice time working on those plays.

Wouldn't this be why Robinson has switched positions to be a WR