What's going on?

Wesson44

Yes everyone wants to trade down but in this not-so-talented but deep and balanced draft who wants to trade up? For who? I've read more about the teams that like QBs might as well take them in the 1st round. Are they worth the value of the pick? No but they might not be there when you get to your second round pick?

So trade up from the second and grab your QB. Why? Isn't it better to grab the QB in Rd 1 and then your Oline, WR, or whatever in Rd 2 and 3? Yes there will be trades but I think it's going to be hard to find trading partners and so that will make it more of a buyers (moving up) market.

Fact is things have changed now that their are salary slots for the rookies so the risk/reward of what teams pay a 1st Rd pick isn't as great. Plus, something I didn't know is that teams drafting a QB in Rd 1 (or any player) can keep them with an option for the 5th year. Gives you a little more time for these guys to develop before that next big contract.

Players worth trading up for are the top 3 OTs. Beyond that who or what position? I suspect there will be some trades for QBs in the late first but can't see teams giving up a lot to go get any of these guys. I can see some trades similar to what we did last year trading up just 5 picks to grab Alshon Jeffrey but that doesn't generate an extra early round pick. There might be some interest in some of the early defensive players too. Then again, draft day always has some interesting twists!

For the moment for the first time in years I'm comfortable saying we won't be picking a S in the 3rd Rd.

Don't let yourself forget the key reason why teams trade up; a player drops. In a draft without elite talent, that's particularly likely to happen. Some team in the top 15 will pick a guy who team x had graded out as a second rounder, and consequently, there will be a guy availiable at 20 who team y never imagined would last that long.

That's when teams trade up. They don't do it now, they do it when a guy falls that they've been salivating over.

Sub-moronic? lol gtfo. I believe my explanation behind the line is pretty valid. The Bears are gonna threaten defenses with what they have already, I'm sure of it.

Since you're such a know it all who would you want to see us draft with 3 2nd rounders? Seems all you wanna do is sit around and let others throw guys names out there while you sit back and bash.

If you think Carimi is either gonna take the RT spot or won't even see the field then thats fine, that's why I put up 2 sets of picks. I personally see him as our starting RG which is why I threw out that first set of picks. It all depends on how the Bears view Carimi. I would be fine with them going Warford, then Brown (who I believe would be phenomenal value in the 2nd), and the David Amerson with their 3rd pick.

Sure as hell wouldn't be three defensive guys. And your explanation or defense of the OL continues to be poor at best. But, I guess that should be expected from someone who defended Webb so vehemently. You act as if THIS is finally the year that a group of guys who sucked last year will finally turn it around. And we'd be talking about the same crap this time next year.

Sure as hell wouldn't be three defensive guys. And your explanation or defense of the OL continues to be poor at best. But, I guess that should be expected from someone who defended Webb so vehemently. You act as if THIS is finally the year that a group of guys who sucked last year will finally turn it around. And we'd be talking about the same crap this time next year.

Poor at best, ugh, I wouldn't call it poor at best. You can't deny that Carimi was MUCH better at RG than he was at RT, you simply can't. He wasn't half bad there either, I think he'll find a home there. If you wanna think he'll rebound enough to move back to RT then I'm ok with that, it's a valid opinion, and once again it's one of the reasons I posted 2 series of picks.

I guess another valid argument could be replacing Webb at RT. But once again my opinion is that Webb will be put in a much better situation to succeed this year by not constantly putting him on an island and giving him better help protection against tough defenders. But it's no surprise if you'd want him gone.

We all have an opinion here, and my opinion is Webb-Carimi or hell even Carimi-Brown can be a solid RT-RG duo.

I will say that you reminded me about the sexy thoughts of Terron Armstead playing the Jason Stithcomb role and serving as an extra large FB/TE eligible OT as the first pick of the 2nd.

Poor at best, ugh, I wouldn't call it poor at best. You can't deny that Carimi was MUCH better at RG than he was at RT, you simply can't. He wasn't half bad there either, I think he'll find a home there. If you wanna think he'll rebound enough to move back to RT then I'm ok with that, it's a valid opinion, and once again it's one of the reasons I posted 2 series of picks.

I guess another valid argument could be replacing Webb at RT. But once again my opinion is that Webb will be put in a much better situation to succeed this year by not constantly putting him on an island and giving him better help protection against tough defenders. But it's no surprise if you'd want him gone.

We all have an opinion here, and my opinion is Webb-Carimi or hell even Carimi-Brown can be a solid RT-RG duo.

I will say that you reminded me about the sexy thoughts of Terron Armstead playing the Jason Stithcomb role and serving as an extra large FB/TE eligible OT as the first pick of the 2nd.

You keep using arguments on players where they go from terrible to being bad, is a good thing . Our OLine was still one of the worst in the league according to the GREAT PFF. THE only lineman that played descent isn't here anymore.

You keep using arguments on players where they go from terrible to being bad, is a good thing . Our OLine was still one of the worst in the league according to the GREAT PFF. THE only lineman that played descent isn't here anymore.

Would you stop using caps locks, it's annoying. There's no denying Carimi wasn't bad at RG, there simply isn't. So in my opinion that's his spot on the line. Webb moving back to RT may stunt any kind of development he's had so I may worry about him more but after watching the Saints line in a game and a half I think he'll do much better in this scheme that will keep him closer to the line and off the proverbial island that he was spending a lot of time on last year.

Yes our OL was turrable last year but Bushrod-Slausson-Schwenke(hopefully)-Carimi-Webb is virtually a brand new OL, with only Carimi staying in the same position as last year.

Would you stop using caps locks, it's annoying. There's no denying Carimi wasn't bad at RG, there simply isn't. So in my opinion that's his spot on the line. Webb moving back to RT may stunt any kind of development he's had so I may worry about him more but after watching the Saints line in a game and a half I think he'll do much better in this scheme that will keep him closer to the line and off the proverbial island that he was spending a lot of time on last year.

Yes our OL was turrable last year but Bushrod-Slausson-Schwenke(hopefully)-Carimi-Webb is virtually a brand new OL, with only Carimi staying in the same position as last year.

I thought Garza was our best OL last year? If anyone, he would be the last one I would want to replace this year.

I thought Garza was our best OL last year? If anyone, he would be the last one I would want to replace this year.

He's been called, by some, one of the worst centers in the league.

I know the link I'm about to post is from bleacher report and should hold close to no weight at all but I seem to remember more than just BR calling him one of the worst in the league.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1052850...-centers/page/2

It was also posted by Matt Miller, one of the few guys on BR who actually have some credentials.

Don't let yourself forget the key reason why teams trade up; a player drops. In a draft without elite talent, that's particularly likely to happen. Some team in the top 15 will pick a guy who team x had graded out as a second rounder, and consequently, there will be a guy availiable at 20 who team y never imagined would last that long.

That's when teams trade up. They don't do it now, they do it when a guy falls that they've been salivating over.

Exactly why there are always some trades. I just don't see it being a big year for it. The other concern, more of a concern considering our position of needing more picks, is that if this is a buyers market (trade up with many teams wanting to trade down) then we won't get as much value for our pick. If the trade value isn't there I'd prefer Emery to stay at #20 and take BPA.

He's been called, by some, one of the worst centers in the league.

I know the link I'm about to post is from bleacher report and should hold close to no weight at all but I seem to remember more than just BR calling him one of the worst in the league.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1052850...-centers/page/2

It was also posted by Matt Miller, one of the few guys on BR who actually have some credentials.

Definitely possible, he sucked at run blocking and doesn't move the pile, but was decent in pass blocking and works good with Cutler.

So how come your the only person I hear saying he was good? And you said(wasnt bad at RG) is the same as saying he was good at it. I looked up the word (turrable) and couldnt find that in the dictionary. Could you tell me what that word means?

The simple fact is, absolutely nobody, including the talking heads, the analysts, the front office people around the league, the writers for various websites, thinks there is a weaker position group on this team than OL. Similar thoughts are there in regards to the offense being better than the defense. It's unheard of to even fathom that concept in Chicago. Therefore, offense should get more attention than defense. If you were to spread it over the draft, however, it's understandable if someone drafts D first for the Bears, and fills in later with O. Maybe even with the first two picks if things work out in an odd way. In this scenario, however, where the Bears fictitiously end up with three 2nd rounders, it's absolutely indefensible to go Defense three times in a row.

The only reason you think it's feasible is because your Lovie Tice alter ego still has you convinced Webb and/or Brown is a solid starter in this league, one with upside and talent comparable to Bushrod. Aside from you, Lovie, Tice, I'm guessing some people at PFF, and maybe Webb's family, there isn't much support for that concept. Currently there are only TWO good starters on the OL (forgot Slausson), and he was brought in via free agency. To know that and still pick three defensive players with three second round picks is ridiculous unless there was a very peculiar draft where teams were climbing each over one another for all the OL talent just before the Bears drafted.

Oh, and BTW, Slausson is supposed to be a replacement for Lance Louis at RG. If that's so, it pretty much eliminates the whole "Carimi at RG"-thing.

--edited to include Slausson

It was probably a tie between him and Lance Louis. But that's still not saying much considering the link by scs where Garza's called on the of the worst in the league.

To put it another way, the guy who might have been the Bears best OLineman is considered one of the worst in the league. And yet people want to draft everywhere else.

The simple fact is, absolutely nobody, including the talking heads, the analysts, the front office people around the league, the writers for various websites, thinks there is a weaker position group on this team than OL. Similar thoughts are there in regards to the offense being better than the defense. It's unheard of to even fathom that concept in Chicago. Therefore, offense should get more attention than defense. If you were to spread it over the draft, however, it's understandable if someone drafts D first for the Bears, and fills in later with O. Maybe even with the first two picks if things work out in an odd way. In this scenario, however, where the Bears fictitiously end up with three 2nd rounders, it's absolutely indefensible to go Defense three times in a row.

The only reason you think it's feasible is because your Lovie Tice alter ego still has you convinced Webb and/or Brown is a solid starter in this league, one with upside and talent comparable to Bushrod. Aside from you, Lovie, Tice, I'm guessing some people at PFF, and maybe Webb's family, there isn't much support for that concept. Currently there are only TWO good starters on the OL (forgot Slausson), and he was brought in via free agency. To know that and still pick three defensive players with three second round picks is ridiculous unless there was a very peculiar draft where teams were climbing each over one another for all the OL talent just before the Bears drafted.

Oh, and BTW, Slausson is supposed to be a replacement for Lance Louis at RG. If that's so, it pretty much eliminates the whole "Carimi at RG"-thing.

Actually Slausson played LG but has the ability to play both. I still see us drafting a RG prospect in the first three picks. We cant be done rebuilding our OLine. I actually see us grabbing a center and moving Garza back to RG where he started out.

Why would he move to RG after playing LG the last 3 years?

When you look at a lot of the mock drafts out there now most of them have us going defense (hell theres a guy on nfl.com that has us taking Ogletree with Cooper and Fluker still on the board) so you're whole absolutely no one is talking about taking D over the OL is just false.

I'm done with this convo though, it's stupid. In my original post I had a 2nd list of picks to coincide with the potential that the staff doesn't like Carimi so it's really pointless to drag this on any further.

It was probably a tie between him and Lance Louis. But that's still not saying much considering the link by scs where Garza's called on the of the worst in the league.

To put it another way, the guy who might have been the Bears best OLineman is considered one of the worst in the league. And yet people want to draft everywhere else.

In this particular situation I've already said I want them to take a center in the 4th to replace him...You dont draft centers in the 1st or 2nd.

I wouldn't mind if we went Fluker in Round 1 and Schwenke or Jones in later rounds.

It has nothing to do with it being Chicago. The locals and the talking heads believe we're convinced our young players can develop. Carimi is a #1 pick, Bushrod was paid, for whatever reason, we think Webb can be a player, Slausson is solid, and the NFL network can't quit showing the stupid commercial with Garza wearing Cutler's jersey.

While Slausson replaces Lance Louis, we have not indicated where he will play. I suspect we plan on playing Carimi at RG.