My new mock

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Trade down and get a lower 1st and a 3rd

1. Larry Warford, G, Kentucky

--A guard to pair with Slauson, to go with Schwenke/Garza and Bushrod. Not bad.

2. Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State

--It seems like they want a young CB. Some thing Slay > Banks.

3. Brian Schwenke, C, California

--Who doesn't want this guy?

4. Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech

--If it weren't for legal issues, he'd be knocking on round 1's door.

5. Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M

--LB depth.

6. Sean Renfree, QB, Duke

--A young QB to develop; a lot of scouts are high on him.

--LB depth.

Sounds good, but do we really need a CB right now that high in the draft? TBH, I would rather have a WR or DT at that spot, maybe even a LB.

Sounds good, but do we really need a CB right now that high in the draft? TBH, I would rather have a WR or DT at that spot, maybe even a LB.

Hayden wasn't that great in the nickle role and could/should be upgraded. All the beat writers were throwing out the possibility of taking a corner in the 1st and I think it makes a lot of sense.

Hmm, that is a good point, maybe a CB would be a good investment. We have the best 2 in the NFL starting, barring the Seahawks maybe, but an awesome nickel CB would be nice to have. Nowadays it seems you have to have at least 3 top-flight CB's, how things have changed in the NFL!

Hmm, that is a good point, maybe a CB would be a good investment. We have the best 2 in the NFL starting, barring the Seahawks maybe, but an awesome nickel CB would be nice to have. Nowadays it seems you have to have at least 3 top-flight CB's, how things have changed in the NFL!

Exactly, it's a passing league.

Exactly, it's a passing league.

Tillman's not exactly a young man anymore. How much longer could he go? I still think the team should consider moving him to Saferty (probably FS) to extend his playing career. I'm interested to see what Frey (injured last year) and McManis (a FA pickup last year with potential) can offer before the team drafts high at CB.

Tillman's not exactly a young man anymore. How much longer could he go? I still think the team should consider moving him to Saferty (probably FS) to extend his playing career. I'm interested to see what Frey (injured last year) and McManis (a FA pickup last year with potential) can offer before the team drafts high at CB.

I agree with the bold, not only to extend his career but to also get him around the ball more (more oppertunities to punch that ball out). That said, wouldn't that be all the more reason to draft a CB high? Are you ok with Hayden/Frey/Bowman/McManis being our #2 CB? I'm not.

I agree with the bold, not only to extend his career but to also get him around the ball more (more oppertunities to punch that ball out). That said, wouldn't that be all the more reason to draft a CB high? Are you ok with Hayden/Frey/Bowman/McManis being our #2 CB? I'm not.

Good point, a relatively high round CB would be a good idea.

In two years our top 3 CBs will be gone, so we definitively need to start building with the youth now.

--LB depth.

I havent checked out the WR and maybe would like another, but you are right on about being time to fix the OL. I think our two LBs we got in FAgency could be around for at least a few years. I also think they will be drafting a QB prospect.

Not so great with Hayden or Bowman. But McManis I'd like to see more of and Frey I haven't seen play yet. What do these guys have to offer. I think with what (who) is available the team doesn't need to pick CB that high.

Not so great with Hayden or Bowman. But McManis I'd like to see more of and Frey I haven't seen play yet. What do these guys have to offer. I think with what (who) is available the team doesn't need to pick CB that high.

McManis is a fifth round draft pick, and Frey is a 6th rounder. Chances are they don't have the upside to man a #2 spot. I wouldn't sit around and have these guys play a big role on our team but thats just me.

He is not, I have only seen one mock where he is drafted in the first round. He will be drafted somewhere between 35 to 50 I suspect.

That is what I thought, so no way would I take him in the top 35..

To me, the trade partners for our #20 are:

SF for 34 and 61 or 31, 74, and 157

CIN for 37 and 53 (we would have to give up a 5th or 6th as well)

MIA for 42, 54

JAX for 33, 64

PHI for 36, 67, and 136

That is what I thought, so no way would I take him in the top 35..

To me, the trade partners for our #20 are:

SF for 34 and 61 or 31, 74, and 157

CIN for 37 and 53 (we would have to give up a 5th or 6th as well)

MIA for 42, 54

JAX for 33, 64

PHI for 36, 67, and 136

I think SF would not give up both of there 2nd round picks, because they wouldnt have to with so many picks.

I think SF would not give up both of there 2nd round picks, because they wouldnt have to with so many picks.

Sure, I was just giving some examples, but I do think they are likely partners with so many picks. Especially consider Vaccaro could still be there at 20.

McManis is a fifth round draft pick, and Frey is a 6th rounder. Chances are they don't have the upside to man a #2 spot. I wouldn't sit around and have these guys play a big role on our team but thats just me.

And to add to that about Frey. Dude was cut by us prior to season starting. I have a hard time believing that he goes to being solid contributor that quick.