Tucker impressed with rookie Linebackers

GakMan23

At this stage I'm taking this with a grain of salt. But I sure hope they're both awesome!

+1....its hard to go crazy over players when they're just running around in shorts.

Am I the only person who gets a little ticked off hearing how our ST Coach is going to use our 2nd Round pick on Special Teams when he should have been selected to compete to be our starting MLB? I understand it is good to have a floor in players and Bostic has that- but it bothers me that they would be so excited to have him play STs when indeed he shouldn't have been drafted to do so. Develop 6th and 7th rounders or bring in FAs for that.

+1....its hard to go crazy over players when they're just running around in shorts.

Am I the only person who gets a little ticked off hearing how our ST Coach is going to use our 2nd Round pick on Special Teams when he should have been selected to compete to be our starting MLB? I understand it is good to have a floor in players and Bostic has that- but it bothers me that they would be so excited to have him play STs when indeed he shouldn't have been drafted to do so. Develop 6th and 7th rounders or bring in FAs for that.

Nope, I second your concerns. I agree that given the changes at LB for the team and where they drafted him, they shouldn't be worried how well he'll play on ST. I would rather see DJ Williams play ST before Bostic.

At the moment he has not been handed a starting job and I like that as I prefer all rookies earn it including Kyle Long. Quotes from the last couple days indicate Bostic is going to compete for a starting job but there's no reason he can't start learning some special teams as well. Charles Tillman plays a lot of special teams for us. Julius Peppers plays a little bit too. I'm certain if Bostic earns a starting role his special teams duties will get reduced.

At the moment he has not been handed a starting job and I like that as I prefer all rookies earn it including Kyle Long. Quotes from the last couple days indicate Bostic is going to compete for a starting job but there's no reason he can't start learning some special teams as well. Charles Tillman plays a lot of special teams for us. Julius Peppers plays a little bit too. I'm certain if Bostic earns a starting role his special teams duties will get reduced.

Agree. And, whether anyone likes it or not special teams accounts for darn near 1/3rd of the game. I would always prefer starting caliber players doing that vs professional special teamers. Better development potential.

Nope, I second your concerns. I agree that given the changes at LB for the team and where they drafted him, they shouldn't be worried how well he'll play on ST. I would rather see DJ Williams play ST before Bostic.

I agree but I also seem to recall Urlacher playing some ST in his rookie year. Seems to be "what's done" in the NFL with rookie LB's with speed.