Cutler's interceptions in training camp

Bears4Ever_34

The scheme Cutler was in with the Broncos was unique to Mike Shanahan & Gary Kubiak, so it's not the same ZBS that Kromer runs. From what I have read, it certainly sounds like the Trestman offense is one of the most complex in the NFL. Curious to know how it compares to Mike Martz, who was notorious for running an offense that was difficult to grasp.

These 4 pre-season games will be helpful in determining whether or not the offense has the basic principles down, because that's all we will get to see, according to Trestman. A lot of vanilla.

This is a WCO. The ZBS is more for the OL.

The scheme Cutler was in with the Broncos was unique to Mike Shanahan & Gary Kubiak, so it's not the same ZBS that Kromer runs. From what I have read, it certainly sounds like the Trestman offense is one of the most complex in the NFL. Curious to know how it compares to Mike Martz, who was notorious for running an offense that was difficult to grasp.

Martz was an 'Air Coryell' guy. A lot of 'slight of hand' underneath for the big play. Which as many pointed out played away from the protection because there was none. And the underneath and outlet routes were diminished due to needing blocking TEs and Forte to help with max protect.

WCO (of which Zone blocking is a staple) is more max receiver quick pass based. One mantra of WCO is to draw in deep coverage with multiple short dink and dunks then the occasional bomb after the coverage starts playing tight. Part of why I think Trestman is keeping up tempo for practice. Does two things, wears down the D and gives Cutler time to audible if he sees a bad mismatch.

The thing that might derail this is Cutlers difficulty in the quick decision making involved in WCO.

....And I think Onubun's days are limited in Chicago. He's pretty bad.