Kelvin Hayden Out of the Year

DABEARSDABOMB

I agree, this really hurts our depth where we were thin anyway. I believe Zach Bowman was listed as our top backup prior to Frey's ascent during camp. We know how Bowman watches plays. Is McManis ready to contribute as a CB? Haven't heard anything at all about him in camp.

It's hard to know how significant this injury is but this could well be the end of Hayden's career. He found little interest in FA this past year and now having to recover from a significant hamstring injury at his age isn't going to make him better.

I wasn't a fan of Hayden anyway but will admit it hurts the depth at CB. Hopefully Freys success in training camp continues on into the regular season and the ol vets Peanut and Jennings stay healthy all year so we're not forced to see ample amounts of Bowman.

Bowman is a perfectly competent nickle back, imo. The problem is, if one of Tillman/Jennings go down, Frey is the other starting corner so we will be hurting (unless he steps up and shows he can start...which would be sweet).

I expect to see us pick up a veteran CB either now or after rosters are cut before the season starts. I do not think we will put all our chips into the ante with a raw & unproven starter. Frey might kick butt but we still need more depth.