Are we dangerously thin at OL?

CrackerDog

Brad Biggs was suggesting that they brought back Adams until the guy they got from Dallas has learned the offense enough and to give John Scott a couple of weeks to get truly healthy then they will be cutting Adams and resigning Scott.

So we intend on going into the season with only three backups in the line? Hmmmmm....

Brad Biggs was suggesting that they brought back Adams until the guy they got from Dallas has learned the offense enough and to give John Scott a couple of weeks to get truly healthy then they will be cutting Adams and resigning Scott.

I hope this is true as I also was concerned about depth on the OL after reading the article on the team site. How often have we seen more than one OL go down in a single game? Do we want to be in a position where we have to plug in a TE on the OL in the middle of a game if we have multiple injuries during the game and run out of reserves? It might sound nuts but it has happened to other teams in the past.

I hope this is true as I also was concerned about depth on the OL after reading the article on the team site. How often have we seen more than one OL go down in a single game? Do we want to be in a position where we have to plug in a TE on the OL in the middle of a game if we have multiple injuries during the game and run out of reserves? It might sound nuts but it has happened to other teams in the past.

Isn't Maneri a converted lineman? Maybe that's the thinking? Since it appears the team is looking at double TE sets what real concern is there?

This sounds right and appears to have been confirmed by Emery during his online chat today. See below.

QUESTION: Are you at all concerned with the possibility of two offensive tackles being injured during the season now that Jonathon Scott has been released?

12:16 Phil Emery:

Jon Scott is a player that we like. Getting ready for the first opponent dictated the moves that we made. There's always a possiblity that Jon will return to the Bears.