Deal with it Calvin...

madlithuanian

Funny I was just reading this article somewhere else. (Scary how sometimes we think alike...) Anyhow, I also read that Tillman was held out of practice again yesterday. From what I recall he was having groin issues. He's been in and out for at least the last two weeks and really not a factor. I'm a little concerned with whether he will be able to play Sunday, let alone match up with Calvin.

You can't blame Calvin for being upset, as the article points out the Bears tend to keep him in check. Of course that was when Lovie was coach...hopefully that'll stay the same :rolleyes:

If not Tillman for whatever reason could we see Jennings roll over to CJ's side or maybe even Frey? Hmmm.

Funny I was just reading this article somewhere else. (Scary how sometimes we think alike...) Anyhow, I also read that Tillman was held out of practice again yesterday. From what I recall he was having groin issues. He's been in and out for at least the last two weeks and really not a factor. I'm a little concerned with whether he will be able to play Sunday, let alone match up with Calvin.

You can't blame Calvin for being upset, as the article points out the Bears tend to keep him in check. Of course that was when Lovie was coach...hopefully that'll stay the same :rolleyes:

If not Tillman for whatever reason could we see Jennings roll over to CJ's side or maybe even Frey? Hmmm.

I could see the Megatron duties going to Frey or Bowman....I worry about the 5'8" Jennings on the 6'5" Johnson

Ha!

I worry about Peanut too. He's an integral part of the D right now. He will be missed sorely if he can't go. But, we're not dead w/o him. We just need the front 4 to finally get some consistent pressure...

Peanut is just about the best there is! I'm sure no WR want to get him on coverage!

Calvin's comments are simple respect...

I would think Frey...for size?

Without Burleson, I expect the Bears to bracket Megatron, so whoever draws the coverage won't be alone with him anyway.

I think that means Jennings is alone vs. #2, because he can handle the solo responsibility, and because he doesnt have the height to play Johnson straight up anyway. Also, with Megatron doubled, the likelihood of Jennings getting more targets increases, and that means he has more chances to get interceptions, which plays to his strength.

Since I expect more man coverage as a result of bracketing Johnson, I expect we will be free to blitz more too, which is a great plan vs. Stafford anyway, especially missing Melton and the lack of pass rush in general the past three weeks when only rushing 4.

It kinda all fits together.

Since I expect more man coverage as a result of bracketing Johnson, I expect we will be free to blitz more too, which is a great plan vs. Stafford anyway, especially missing Melton and the lack of pass rush in general the past three weeks when only rushing 4.

I think some regards will need to paid to the run game, last I recall R. Bush will probably be out but this Joique Bell seems to be halfway decent. And with Meltion out the run game could be a difference, if not a distraction. Although I'd have to admit that Collins has played pretty stout in his appearances so far this year.

I don't mind Calvin's comments, it is what one would expect from a player from another inter-division team that have handed his own team many beat downs over the years...better that some vanilla crap "I respect them" bla bla bla...

I hope Peanut can be there, but if not I reckon Trestmann and Co will do their best to manage the situation...one man won't beat us surely.....

Let's hope the front 4 find their mojo this weekend....

Sounds like a good plan to me...

Without Burleson, I expect the Bears to bracket Megatron, so whoever draws the coverage won't be alone with him anyway.

I think that means Jennings is alone vs. #2, because he can handle the solo responsibility, and because he doesnt have the height to play Johnson straight up anyway. Also, with Megatron doubled, the likelihood of Jennings getting more targets increases, and that means he has more chances to get interceptions, which plays to his strength.

Nor do I.

I see it was a compliment to Peanut...

I don't mind Calvin's comments, it is what one would expect from a player from another inter-division team that have handed his own team many beat downs over the years...better that some vanilla crap "I respect them" bla bla bla...

I hope Peanut can be there, but if not I reckon Trestmann and Co will do their best to manage the situation...one man won't beat us surely.....

Let's hope the front 4 find their mojo this weekend....

I think some regards will need to paid to the run game, last I recall R. Bush will probably be out but this Joique Bell seems to be halfway decent. And with Meltion out the run game could be a difference, if not a distraction. Although I'd have to admit that Collins has played pretty stout in his appearances so far this year.

Reggie Bush will play.

Exactly the defensive game plan I was thinking we'd do. We'll see what Tucker has in store. Burleson out also makes it a bit easier for our LBs to focus more on the run and screens with Bush back in the game.

I wonder if that was a Chicago style pizza that took our Burleson?

Jiminy Christmas!

Trestman exudes so much class he's like the entire university system!

Ha. I want it on record that while I find his response classy, I also disagree with it profoundly. I don't want a coach who thinks a game against the Packers is the same as a game against the Jags. That's just stupid. I know they both count one W in the standings but if Ditka had one thing right it was his focus on controlling the division games and using that to get into the playoffs. There ARE rivalries in the NFL and there damn well ought to be. You can't take all of the emotion out of this game or we're all just robots. I think the game loses something whenever we get too "classy".

I'm actually right there with you! I think there should always be emphasis on ANY divisional opponent. The next, on conference opponents. It's about getting to the post-season...and those game simply matter more.

But, with 4 games into his tenure, I'll give Wonka an easy pass on this. He may sing a slightly different tune on our match-up with them on 11/10.

Ha. I want it on record that while I find his response classy, I also disagree with it profoundly. I don't want a coach who thinks a game against the Packers is the same as a game against the Jags. That's just stupid. I know they both count one W in the standings but if Ditka had one thing right it was his focus on controlling the division games and using that to get into the playoffs. There ARE rivalries in the NFL and there damn well ought to be. You can't take all of the emotion out of this game or we're all just robots. I think the game loses something whenever we get too "classy".