10:30 in 2nd Q

Guest TerraTor

Shea's arms are too short to be an effective DE and while he's quick, he does not have the elite quickness he needs to overcome the tackles who consistently get into his body. Short arms keep him from getting off blocks to make tackles. Yes, I'd trade him for a good DT right now as that would get Wootton back at DE and I think Bass has shown enough to replace Shea.

Shea's arms are too short to be an effective DE and while he's quick, he does not have the elite quickness he needs to overcome the tackles who consistently get into his body. Short arms keep him from getting off blocks to make tackles. Yes, I'd trade him for a good DT right now as that would get Wootton back at DE and I think Bass has shown enough to replace Shea.

but he has a great spin move....

HA! right into the ground

Actually, he pressured Eli for what could have ended up a safety after a beautiful spin move got him past the first guy then knifed past a double-team. It was his best play of the night that I saw.

Otherwise, my impression of his play in general is that the lineman he faces have to worry zero about being bull rushed, so they just ride him out whichever way he goes. Eventually Shea realizes he's too far in one direction and cuts back the other direction, either immediately stopping to hold his lane and maybe swat a ball (presumably, unless that's just him giving up) or the lineman just rides him out the other direction. If Shea just had the strength to lean into his blockers as he turns a corner to keep from going so wide, that would be enough, even without the threat of a bullrush.

Also, one time I saw Brandon Jacobs run right by him it didn't have anything to do with Shea's arm length. Shea was so busy 'wrastling' with the OL, he didn't even know the runningback was there until it was too late.

Also, Shea's rush style means he's not much good for pinning either the RB or QB in the pocket. Sometimes the guy with the ball squeaks free in the area Shea vacated.

I would've liked to have seen him put on 20 pounds of muscle in his rookie year, and I don't think that happened. That's asking a lot, but he's getting paid 1st round pick money.