4-3 defense

jason

I really wouldn't have been "shocked" either way. As you said there is some "wiggle room" so the potential is still there that they may run some 3-4 packages.

Now I wonder if it will remain a cover 2, or if they'll run something like the 4-3 Under that Seattle plays.

Seattle runs a base 4-3 and NO run out of a 3-4 and if you watched both defenses they looked quite similar. There are all kinds of variations they can do with it. The two best defenses last year was Sea and Car and they both are 4-3s. Its about personal and we need to upgrade our players and we will be just fine.

Here you go:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...ba-b720f5e730d8

"It's a matter of being able to utilize the people that we have and be ready to do whatever it's going to take with a system that's flexible enough to do it," Trestman said. "It's making sure we have a scheme that can utilize our players and bring the best out of them."

Tucker is looking forward to better results in 2014.

"We want to be very stout and physical in the run game and then in the passing game be able to pressure with four guys," Tucker said. "Our pressure packages will fit our personnel and be dynamic enough where we can play to guys' strengths and be unpredictable."

-------------------------------------------------------------

I have no concerns over us using a 4-3 as our base defense. I wouldn't really care if we went 3-4 as the base. Either way we have a lack of talent and need to plug a ton of holes. I still see us modifying what we do depending on the opponents strengths and weaknesses as per Tucker's statement above. We'll just have to wait and see how much of the Lovie 2 remains. They also haven't said if they are scrapping all the old terminology. I would do that, get a fresh start on everything.