Bears cut Rosario - update - now signed

scs787

They must have talked to someone else and cut a deal we will know about tomorrow.

Yeah, but we could have always kept Rosario and cut him in August. We are talking about a back-up TE here.

I'll bet in the next few days we find out he was arrested or something like that.

Nor was I, wonder what changed in the last week or so though.

*Sarcasm* maybe the Bears know their D won't be that good so they wanna make the O even better =p

Although it's sarcasm, sometimes I actually think that wouldn't be such a bad idea. Suppose the Bears ownership told Emery: "Screw it. Let's build an offensive juggernaut. Go get Brandon Albert, put him in at LT, move Bushrod to RT. Then do what it takes to move up and get Sammy Watkins."

It'd be crazy, but it'd be a fun ride.

Anyone every hear why we just resigned him and then cut him??????

Nope......But now we're talking about resigning him again lol.

Dane Noble ‏@WindyCGridiron 17m

WAIT A MINUTE - Emery says Bears will likely re-sign TE Rosario. The guy they signed a couple weeks ago, then cut a few days after that. WUT

I have no idea what's goin on with him.

WAIT A MINUTE - Emery says Bears will likely re-sign TE Rosario. The guy they signed a couple weeks ago, then cut a few days after that. WUT

Got me SMH!!!!!!! lol

tumblr_inline_my4xjmYrXe1srzhvt.jpg

“We released him, like we do with players,” Emery said. “There’s a good chance he’ll come back like we do with players. There isn’t anything other than that, just a process we’re going through. It’s a very fluid period. We like Dante. It isn’t anything he did.”

So why did the Bears release him? Emery still wouldn’t say, preferring to say “those reasons will remain internal.” But as Emery mentioned, the chaos of free agency makes for fluid situations that sometimes require quick decisions that outside observers may not necessarily understand. So Emery and the Bears probably deserve the benefit of the doubt in this case.

Rosario, 29, played in 15 games for the Bears last season, starting in three while participating in 186 snaps. As it stands right now, the Bears have only one other experienced tight end on the roster (Zach Miller) outside of starter Martellus Bennett. So as Emery said, there’s a good chance he could be back in a Bears uniform for 2014.

Just don’t ask Emery why.

“If we bring him back, those reasons will remain internal,” he said.

Well then.

It would one of the stupidest things I have heard of around a football team.