What's next

bradjock

Massie is getting 6 mil per, Trevathan 7-8, and Tracy porter 5, that means we have about 26 million to spend. DE is still a priority and we need to figure something out with the TE position. How the hell we going to spend 26 million?

Long will get his deal done this year, that will probably average 10 million. 10 mil for rookies and yearly transactions. Not as much there as you think. We will get a DL yet, meybe Hicks maybe Cedric Thornton.

Massie is getting 6 mil per, Trevathan 7-8, and Tracy porter 5, that means we have about 26 million to spend. DE is still a priority and we need to figure something out with the TE position. How the hell we going to spend 26 million?

Lets hope Alshon gets a long term deal to lower his cap hit as well.

Long will get his deal done this year, that will probably average 10 million. 10 mil for rookies and yearly transactions. Not as much there as you think. We will get a DL yet, meybe Hicks maybe Cedric Thornton.

Got to pay Kyle Long, in addition, I presume we will pay some other players on our roster. Additionally, we are targeting safety, TE, and DE and I presume the DE we sign gets in the 6-8M/yr mark. I also don't think we need to spend every penny via FA. We could also structure deals to frontload things to ensure we have flexibility in latter years.

Subtract 7-8 million for rookie pool. That leaves 18 and I imagine we sign DL, S, Shea, and Z Miller (8+5+2+3). That could go fast, then say we free up some on AJ and trading Bennett.

Subtract 7-8 million for rookie pool. That leaves 18 and I imagine we sign DL, S, Shea, and Z Miller (8+5+2+3). That could go fast, then say we free up some on AJ and trading Bennett.

Damn good point. Although I don't think Shea is getting 2 million. Brad Biggs just tweeted it sounds like we will be meeting with Akiem Hicks in person.

After today I imagine we sign a ton of guys for one year prove it deals. That will allow us to be major players in free agency again next year.

I could be wrong here, but I'm not so sure that 10M would reflect on this years cap. Shouldn't an extension be just that, an extension of his current contract meaning he still gets paid the same this year but the years where he makes 10m is just added on?

If that's not the case, then I would wait at least till the end of the off-season.

I could be wrong here, but I'm not so sure that 10M would reflect on this years cap. Shouldn't an extension be just that, an extension of his current contract meaning he still gets paid the same this year but the years where he makes 10m is just added on?

If that's not the case, then I would wait at least till the end of the off-season.

Your probably right about that, but with cap space left they may work it to use some of it to front load a contract for Long.

As for what's next, I'm hoping for Hicks. Love his length. In my ideal world we add 2 long starting Dlinemen to go along with Goldman.

Past that S Bruton makes sense, wouldn't cost much, and has some potential upside if given the chance.

If we can get Hicks and Burton, I would say we did well this year. That would be all starters.

As for what's next, I'm hoping for Hicks. Love his length. In my ideal world we add 2 long starting Dlinemen to go along with Goldman.

Past that S Bruton makes sense, wouldn't cost much, and has some potential upside if given the chance.

I like his length, but dislike his production.

I like his length, but dislike his production.

When it comes to his production I dug a little further into it than just looking at his stats.

He only played 399 snaps last year. The Pats had 7 DLinemen in rotation.

For comparison, Malik Jackson played 825 snaps, more than double the snaps but not double the production.

You can choose to apply portions to this year's cap (signing bonus, etc).

Its odd you dont like someone because of production yet you push for Robert Nkemdiche. He was lacking in the stats department.

It's sort of odd, I agree, but the difference is potential. One, we pretty much know. The other, is a soon-to-be rookie who has his entire career in front of him. A career where he won't be the main guy on the team getting double-teamed every play.

It's sort of odd, I agree, but the difference is potential. One, we pretty much know. The other, is a soon-to-be rookie who has his entire career in front of him. A career where he won't be the main guy on the team getting double-teamed every play.

I think we sign a DE, S, and CB yet. I suspect Hicks, Burton, and Patrick Robinson. They all get brought in on team friendly deals. They are upgrades but not special. I think we upgrade the position and draft players to develop going forward.

1st round we trade back with Phil two spots and they give us a third.(they have two)

1st -Reggie Ragland/ILB a thumper that becomes the leader of our defense.

2d- Austin Johnson/DE highly productive-large and in charge. Johnson-Hicks-Goldman (huge upfront)

3rd-1 Vonn Bell/FS starts from day 1

3rd-2 Xaiver Howard/CB big play guy, 10 PDs and 5 ints senior year.

I think we sign a DE, S, and CB yet. I suspect Hicks, Burton, and Patrick Robinson. They all get brought in on team friendly deals. They are upgrades but not special. I think we upgrade the position and draft players to develop going forward.

1st round we trade back with Phil two spots and they give us a third.(they have two)

1st -Reggie Ragland/ILB a thumper that becomes the leader of our defense.

2d- Austin Johnson/DE highly productive-large and in charge. Johnson-Hicks-Goldman (huge upfront)

3rd-1 Vonn Bell/FS starts from day 1

3rd-2 Xaiver Howard/CB big play guy, 10 PDs and 5 ints senior year.

Philly already traded up to pick #8 with Miami.

I do like the idea, because Ragland seems like the only player that should be available that fits a need. 11 seems a tad to high but there is not many prospects left I am huge on.

I do like the idea, because Ragland seems like the only player that should be available that fits a need. 11 seems a tad to high but there is not many prospects left I am huge on.

Actually I don't think Philly's trading up to #8 went through. Instead they exchanged 4th round picks or something like that.

I think Jack,Buckner, Ramsey, will all be gone. So our choices ( if we go defense) will be Robinson, Spence, Ragland. the next group of D players. I think Ragland has the most impact at that point. They could take a OT if they dont think they have the valve at pick 11.

Last I have seen it is done, that was time stamped 16 hours ago. Been searching online for something saying it fell threw, but nothing.

I suspect we resign Miller to a 3 year 5.75 deal with 1.5 guaranteed. Which would essentially be a one year 1.5 deal.

Porter is basically a 2 year 4.25 deal, so if he fails he wont last long.

If we dont sign Hicks then who?

Ayers as a OLB?

Fairly on a prove it deal?

Knighton? maybe getting back with Fox , he will play better

Jared Click- now bad stats

Jarvis Jenkins- back for a rotational position.