Sounds like Ced needs competition

Connorbear

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got a little fired up when someone suggested the Bears bring another RB. Maybe this will light a fire under his arse.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...earnt01.article

Peace :bears

Man, CB's attitude really stinks. Now I definately want to bring in a LEGITIMATE RB to compete with this guy. I do not like arrogant players who have yet to prove ANYTHING!

This guy is a cancer. In the time he's been here, I have yet to see any more than a sprinkling of any form of redemption. You can't fix what you don't know is broken. I blame Lovie Smith, our OC and RB coach for that. It's clear again that they can't develop talent. It's really more a sad statement about our coaches than Benson. Everybody knows he's a freakin idiot.

One of our biggest mistakes in the offseason was that we didn't bring in real competition for Benson. Garett Wolfe, who I think needs to be moved to WR, is not competition. Hopefully the Bears put him on a specialized workout and diet where he turns most of the flab into muscle, but he's still gotta keep some flab. There's still hope for Benson. He isn't a bust yet, but he's close.

This guy is a cancer. In the time he's been here, I have yet to see any more than a sprinkling of any form of redemption. You can't fix what you don't know is broken. I blame Lovie Smith, our OC and RB coach for that. It's clear again that they can't develop talent. It's really more a sad statement about our coaches than Benson. Everybody knows he's a freakin idiot.

Well, with the way BearSox talks about him, you'd swear he was the next Jim Brown.

One of our biggest mistakes in the offseason was that we didn't bring in real competition for Benson. Garett Wolfe, who I think needs to be moved to WR, is not competition. Hopefully the Bears put him on a specialized workout and diet where he turns most of the flab into muscle, but he's still gotta keep some flab. There's still hope for Benson. He isn't a bust yet, but he's close.

Rusty needs to sit down with him and give him instructions to be followed to the letter or he does not remain the starter. The RB coach has to sit down with him and get into his head and let him know exactly what he needs to do to remain the number 1 RB for this team. Lovie needs to sit down with him and let him know he completely backs the RB coach and Rusty. The line has to be drawn.

Benson has all the ability in the world to be a top 5 RB in the NFL. Anyone who watched this guy at Texas knows he has the tools. Unfortunately, it takes more than just tools. It takes commitment and attitude. He is currently a head case. He needs to get off his ass and use the abilities he showed in college. If he does not, he will be a lost cause.

Angelo says good bye to Turner

Seriously, what is it about backups that make bear fans drool. How many thought that once AP started, we would be rushing for 150 yards per game. Yea, Turner is better than AP, but is also going to be seeking a pretty big contract. He will no longer be running behind a great OL, which is exactly what SD has. SD also has one of the best blocking FBs in the league.

I am sorry, but adding Turner IMHO would be a waste of money. I would rather focus our money on OL, S, WR and QB.

Benson is simply a punk and plays the game with no heart. He is never going to be anywhere near what we thought when we drafted him and the sooner the coaches realize it the better. We all know the troubles our o line have had but that doesnt change the fact that he has no idea to read defenses or follow blockers. He also cant catch at all and doesnt block.

We have to bring in competition for Benson.

Obviously if he costs too much Turner is a no go.

However, the prospect of starting Berrian (if resigned) with his speed along with the Windy City Flyer at WR and Michael "the Burner" Turner at RB is very intriguing, YES????

Talk about speed on the O, OUCH!!!!

Im surprised so many people are so high on Turner. Change of pace backs that go to new teams rarely live up to expectations. I think someone like Fargas or Jamal Lewis would be cheaper and could be effective here.

I like Fargas a lot for the Bears. He is an excellent RB and still quite young.

I like J Lewis (was wanting the Bears to draft him when he first came out) but is no longer young and has had extensive injuries over the years. I do not see him coming to the Bears.

I also like J Jones from Dallas, if Dallas decides to let him go.

So I would go with Fargas, J Jones, or Turner, whichever we could get at the most reasonable cost. I think either of the 3 would be an excellent addition to our team.

So I would go with Fargas, J Jones, or Turner, whichever we could get at the most reasonable cost. I think either of the 3 would be an excellent addition to our team.

I can see Oakland opening the wallet for Fargas, who looked very good this year, and easily out-shined both of their previous expensive RB additions (Lamont Jordan and Rhodes).

I can not see J Jones coming to Chicago. I doubt seriously his brother would have good things to say about us. I have a feeling TJ would tell his brother to get a whole lot of money before signing anything.

Turner. Just no way. One, I do not thing Turner is quite as fast as you may think. He has nice burst, but is considered SD' power back. Remember the game against us? LT wore us down w/ speed, and then they used Turner as a bulldog up the middle.

Anyway, w/ that said, Turner will likely be the top RB in FA. He is going to be looking for a big contract, and is not going to be joining a team talking about competition. Turner means we are 100% giving up on Benson, and Benson will not even be in the mix.

I want to add a RB as well, but I do not believe we can be looking at the upper tier of FA RBs. Sorry to say, but we are going to be looking more at the likes of Chris Brown or Musa Smith.

Then in that case, I's rather stay away from RB in FA, concentrate on OL in FA instead and if possible Hamlin, and get a RB prospect in the Draft. I do not see Chris Brown or Musa Smith making us better (performance and injury problems).

So you are planning on seeing Garrett Wolfe in the CFL?

5'6" WRs simply do not exist in the NFL anymore.