Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

  • There are no registered users currently online

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by 'TD',

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3996780 Vikings sign Holt, PaymahComment Email Print Share Associated Press EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings have signed free-agent wide receiver and kick returner Glenn Holt and unrestricted free-agent cornerback Karl Paymah. NFL.com Video Bengals WR Glenn Holt catches a 10-yd TD filling in for Chad Johnson. Holt is a four-year veteran who led the Cincinnati Bengals in kickoff return yards in each of his three seasons with the team, averaging 24.3 yards per return. In 2008, Holt had 46 returns for 1,110 yards, with five returns greater than 40 yards. He started at wide receiver for the B…

    • 4 replies
    • 2k views
  2. http://www.chicitysports.com/2011/08/03/sk...ars-on-twitter/ Yes, THEE negative Skip Bayless is telling the Bears good job. I never thought I would see the day.

    • 6 replies
    • 2k views
  3. Started by madlithuanian,

    We'll always love and respect you Walter! BIRK, WARNER, DAWKINS ARE FINALISTS FOR THE WALTER PAYTON AWARD Posted by Mike Florio on January 15, 2009, 4:36 p.m. As we recently learned, the NFL has only a handful of official postseason awards. Three, to be precise. The Super Bowl MVP, the Pro Bowl MVP, and the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year. As to the latter prize, the field is down to three players. Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner, Vikings center Matt Birk, and Eagles safety Brian Dawkins. Another thing they have in common is that all three players currently are on track to become free agents in less than two months. The awa…

  4. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...e-fuller-on-ir/

  5. Started by jason,

    This is to gauge the thought process of everyone here. This could be used to help move the "Post-FA Everyone Agrees Mock" forward. Calais Campbell is pretty much the #1 DE available that could fit the 3-4, and Eric Berry is the undeniable FS choice available. Since there are no comparable FA QBs, the combo of FA QB & RD1 pick wasn't included. With that said, what is your preference? I chose Eric Berry & Jonathan Allen.

  6. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    I just wanted to point out how good this guy has been. He has done everything from big hits, open field tackles, etc. He is a hybrid of Colvin/Hillenmeyer... can do the grunt work and also make the big play. Id really like to see more of Bostic and Greene, cuz they are the long term. However, DJ and Anderson have done well. I loved on the pick6 when he plowed Cotchery, ha...

    • 11 replies
    • 2k views
  7. Started by Mongo3451,

    You decide... https://www.nfl.com/news/lions-rb-david-montgomery-says-he-feels-refreshed-by-greater-expectations-in-det

    • 24 replies
    • 2k views
  8. Started by ostrogoth,

    At this point, John St. Clair figures he's headed out into the open market. Free agency begins in two weeks, on Feb. 27, and the veteran offensive tackle has yet to hear from the Bears. "I feel I have no choice,'' St. Clair said. "If you haven't heard anything, of course you're going to the market. I haven't heard anything as of yet. I'm just down here [in Florida] enjoying my time off.'' The quiet front doesn't mean the Bears have ruled St. Clair, who started 16 games at left tackle last season, out of their plans. The organization has been going through meetings to plot the offseason plan and teams retain exclusive negotiating rights with their own pl…

    • 8 replies
    • 2k views
  9. Started by Bears4Ever_34,

    It's getting to be that time again. We are closing in on the 4th quarter of the season. The Bears are currently 3rd in the NFC North at 8-6. With 2 games remaining, lets take a look at the playoff picture, the way things currently stand today. I'll be updating this as the weeks go by. *Updated as of 12/29/12* 1- Atlanta Falcons (13-2): vs NO, @ CAR, vs NYG, @ DET, vs TB 2- Green Bay Packers (11-4): vs MIN, vs DET, @ CHI, vs TEN, @ MIN 3- San Francisco 49'ers (10-4-1): @ STL, vs MIA, @ NE, @ SEA, vs ARZ 4- Washington Redskins (9-6): vs NYG, vs BAL, @ CLE, @ PHI, vs DAL 5- Seattle Seahawks (10-5): @ CHI, vs ARZ, @ BUF, vs SF, vs STL 6- Min…

    • 16 replies
    • 2k views
  10. Started by Mongo3451,

    Sorry to hijack board space with this. This is for a 12 team standard league with a flex position. I picked from the 11 spot. Also note that I'll get 2nd position for the breakout free agents. QB- Eli Manning, Sam Bradford RB – Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, Lamar Miller WR – Calvin Johnson, Antonio Brown, Cecil Shorts, JoshGordon, Kendall Wright TE – Rob Gronkowski, Martellus Bennett K – Robbie Gould D/ST - Bengals I'm hopeful...

  11. Started by scs787,

    Jaquizz Rodgers was placed on the season ending IR. Bears signed home run hitting Antone Smith. I liked Quiz, but I wanna see more Langford....and Antone Smith could add a a speed element were lacking. Think D'Anthony Thomas and the way he scored on the Bears yesterday.

  12. Started by adam,

    Check out this tweet pointing out how bad Maher is (Pineiro is worse). We got rid of Parkey and downgraded to Pineiro. Between 30-50 yds, Pineiro is ranked 37th, why is he still on this team? Only 6 kickers are worse than him for XPs. He has missed two. So if you figure the league average from inside 50 for any kick is around 80%, and XPs are 95%, Pineiro has cost us no less than 7 pts and one loss (LAC). So we are in for a treat on Thursday, a bad kickers duel. The over-under on missed kicks is 2. I have the over.

  13. Started by adam,

    Quarterbacks: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/...articleid=29968 1. Anderson 2. Leftwich 3. Culpepper 4. Grossman (Prediction: Bears - $6 million guaranteed) 5. Volek Runningbacks: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/...articleid=29957 1. Barber 2. Turner 3. Lewis 4. Jones (Prediction: Bears - $6 million guaranteed) 5. Ward Wide Receivers: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/...articleid=29977 1. Hackett 2. Berrian (Prediction: Raiders, $14 million guaranteed) 3. Porter 4. Stallworth 5. Johnson (Prediction: Bears - $8 million guaranteed) Linebackers: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features…

  14. Started by scs787,

    Vegas has the over/under on Bears wins set at 8. I think I may actually have to throw down some cash on that. I think worst case it'd be a push at 8 wins. With all the talent they have now I'd be SHOCKED if this is a below .500 football team.

    • 8 replies
    • 2k views
  15. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    Offense: Tom Brady (QB, New England), Adrian Peterson (RB, Minnesota) Defense: Bob Sanders (S, Indianapolis), Jared Allen (DE, Kansas City) Special Teams: Devin Hester (KR/PR, Chicago), Mat McBriar (P, Dallas) Now, if this team was an expansion team, they'd have the first overall pick. With that pick, I'd take Jake Long. Your turn.

    • 4 replies
    • 2k views
  16. Started by jason,

    The dude keeps playing well, keeps putting in the effort, and I'm ecstatic about his performance this year. Against the Cowgirls he was the defensive player in tight coverage when Ogletree let the ball ricochet high in the air. The ball was gone before Jennings touched him, but I'm sure the coverage affected the play. Briggs' INT doesn't get returned for a TD if not for Jennings. He flew in to help out, giving just enough support for Briggs to waltz into the end zone. And on two of the three missed Cowboy bombs, it was either Conte or Wright who should have had coverage. I don't remember the other. The Bears may have found a long term (edit: cornerb…

  17. Started by BearFan PHX,

    Yikes. If this is true, then he is just Ted Phillips in disguise. Why is our team always held hostage to non football corporate guys?!! I could imagine Ryan poles quitting and giving a press conference saying that they arent letting him make his decisions, and that he didnt want Eberflus back, and he didnt want Waldron, and they forced Flus on him int he first place, that the Bears are broken, and no one should want to work there as GM as long as ownership isnt letting GMs do their job. Who does Warren think he is? Now I REALLY dont know what to think of Poles. Was it Poles, was it Warren, was is McCaskey?

    • 24 replies
    • 2k views
  18. Started by 'TD',

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...&id=4375764 Cutler more than just a strong arm Comment Email Print Share Clayton By John Clayton ESPN.com Archive BOURBONNAIS, Ill. -- What's fascinating about Chicago's camp has been the fans' reaction to quarterback Jay Cutler, the most talented Bear to play the position since Sid Luckman five decades ago. Sure, Bears fans are excited about Cutler's arm. It's one of the best in the game. When he snaps off a lightning rod of a pass, they hoot and holler. Whether it's awe or cautious disbelief, Bears fans stand and shout out critiques to the receivers or the thrower when the play doesn't go perfectly.…

    • 6 replies
    • 2k views
  19. Something just hit me. Maybe Lovie really isn't involved alot in the defensive plays during the game and he's just defending his friend Babich? You rarely ever see him talk during games so I think maybe he should take over next week with the defensive play calling to give the team a boost. What say you guys?

  20. Started by Connorbear,

    Thoughts? Peace http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-122509.article

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.