Everything posted by ASHKUM BEAR
-
Stephen Hill pro day
Last night on NFL network, they said his combine and pro day may put him into the bottom of the first round, if he's there with our 2nd and we didn't get Floyd RD1 we better not hesitate!
-
Mario Williams to be a UFA
Find another Big WR available that can take over a game and I can debate the two, but regardless of what VJax is/isn't I'm not letting him out of CHI unless we know there is a similiar or better option.
-
Mario Williams to be a UFA
We have the most bi polar fans I've seen. Now we don't want a big WR with experience?
-
Draft Tek mock
Not bad minus picks 6 and 7 which i could look elsewhere. I like this 7 round mock from newnfldraft.com, thought I'd share here instead of a new post. #1 Jonathan Martin OT Stanford - Smart, OLT #2 Marvin McNutt WR Iowa - Big WR, good speed and hands good character #3 Kendall Reyes DT UConn - Tweener DE/DT Built like Tommie Harris, just a little slower...but also stronger #3 Brandon Boykin CB Ga-Super athlete, great speed. Can return kicks and has played some big WR's very good for bn 5'9" #4 AJ Jenkins WR Illinois -Speedy WR, great hands #5 Tramain Thomas FS Ark 6-0 192 another body to compete in camp #6 Tony Jerod-Eddie DE Texas AM - Tweener DE/DT #7 Greg McCoy CB TCU- 5-10 182
-
Terra's Ideal Draft
I love this offseason because everyone says cut Marion Barber and Matt Spaeth and save cap. They are currently our only RB and TE on the roster. Forte is almost a given to either be tagged or signed, but Kellen Davis and Kahil Bell are not givens to be back. They may look at the draft to improve both of those positions or FA, or try to resign them. OL is probably one of our deepest with contracts and bodies, but weakest in talent. With so many other holes, the oline may be ignored unless a top talent is available RD1 and we go BPA. Thats not what I want or think we should do, just what I can see with this team having so many holes.
-
How Emery's offseason could go
-I haven't heard much about Branch being looked at as a 3-4 OLB. Maybe Ingram will be there instead? -Fleener or Orson Charles, I'd try TE RD2 if we land VJax/Bowe. Charles is smaller with more speed. -I'd love to see Jordan White RD5, but a good combine might destroy that -Ortons heart is in Chi, but he knows he won't start. They say go with your heart lol! -I hope they extend Urlacher and maybe if Briggs too if he is a good boy -I just pointed out they will keep an eye on Meriweather but not necessarily sign him. We may need him as depth -Finnegan can still play, but like you said may decide to follow fischer
-
How Emery's offseason could go
Emery has evaluated his new team and he see's what needs to be done to not just win a Superbowl, but build a dynasty. First in order, he gets the FA Bears signed right away that he doesn't want to hesitate on Matt Forte Corey Graham Greg Steltz Amobi Okoye Kahil Bell He will keep a close eye on: Kellen Davis, Israel Idonje, and Brandon Merriweather but hold until after the draft Second is to make the splash in the market....with 15-22 million to spend PE thinks BIG Vincent Jackson WR -Bowe will get the franchise tag if he don't sign long term, KC has lots of cap space. Jackson won't be franchised, but will weigh his options before going back to SD to play catch with Rivers. This is were the Bears will have to give the Peppers treatment. Jackson may like the weather and his QB's arm, but the Bears can promise him more. We can promise him that with his hard work he can go anywhere he wants in his career. He has a QB that can deliver the ball, fans that will bronze him into a statue, a large market to capitalize on income, a city you can play in with other big name stars, and a team that is close to winning it all. I think the Bears can win him over SD and he will be our prize catch. Kyle Orton QB - Orton will be back in Chicago unless he feels he has a better chance of being a starter with another club. He has inquired with some Bears about their thoughts of him coming back and they are encouraging him to rejoin the club. I don't see him starting anywhere unless he goes back to Denver. Cortland Finnegan CB - He can play the Bears style D and can bring some nasty with him. The Bears lack Nasty until Urlacher gets pissed and I've only seen that once against ARZ on the SB run. Third is to find the best players in the draft with out reaching or hoping on they overcome an injury RD1 - Andre Branch DE 6-4 258 the Left Tackles and Floyd are off the board. DE is a big need and that's why I think the Bears hold off on resigning Idonje. Branch has size and explosion to get after the QB and can also play the run. Branch will grow off of Peppers and they will havoc opposing lines for years RD2 - Coby Fleener TE 6-6 350 with 3 WR's (Jackson,Bennett, Hester) the Bears don't need to go high on WR I have Jeffries still on the board, but they opt for TE. Fleener has size like Kellen Davis but with more talent. He is athletic and has top speed that will give him seperation and be a huge target in the endzone to go with Jackson. Davis can also be brought back if the price is right. RD3 - Dwight Jones WR 6-4 225 With Jones still on the board, the Bears can build a "SD" style receiving core. Jones is another big target the Bears can groom because with guys like Jackson,Hester, and Bennett you never know when they will be out with injury RD3 - Cliff Harris CB/PR 5-11 180 - Harris is an electric playmaker that missed most of this season because of law issues for driving on a suspended license. If he would have played this season, he'd be talked about going RD1. The Bears need to keep the ST alive if Hester goes down and Harris can fill that right off the bat while competing for CB/Nickelback. RD4 - Mitchell Schwartz OLT 6-5 317 - Schwartz had a nice senior bowl and showed he has the mobility and size to play OLT. Tice can groom him to compete with Webb and they can send OMG out the door to save cap space. RD5 - Jordan White WR 6-0 212 - White led the NCAA in receptions and yards and 2nd in TD's. Another talent to groom and he'll compete with Sanzenbacher for the final WR spot. RD6- Chris Marve ILB 6-2 232 - Good speed and instincts and fits a cover 2 defense RD7 - Demario Davis OLB 6-3 231 - A great LB in the Sun Belt Conference and athletic. Out of the draft, the Bears filled some big needs. They hoped for Mike Adams OLT to last until 19 but were able to fill another hole at DE. They feel they have added 3 guys that can contribute right away and have added guys that can compete for depth. Since no major holes were filled in the oline, I think they may bring in McNeil if he gets cut for a look.
-
Poll for WR
Ive said this before and my thoughts are like Jason's. Bowe/VJax first choices Colston/SJohnson second tier If those guys are gone then: Meachum but trade up to get Floyd in RD1 Meachum Bennett Floyd Moss/Owens-I really can't see this and how one will get enough snaps Hester Sanzenbacher
-
How far are the Bears away from being a legit SB contender?
The oline is a disaster but like you said bodies are signed and will need to be cut if we bring more in. With WR/RB/TE we don't have bodies signed, can you imagine if Bennett didn't sign his extension we'd be in worse shape. The Bears have really dropped the ball on the offensive side, it's unbelievable how bad it looks contract/player wise. I hope PE is offensive strong minded and can get this sorted out with a couple of years.
-
How far are the Bears away from being a legit SB contender?
I've also pointed this out before. It'll all depend on what Davis will command for a new contract. They may be better off with a draft pick that'll cost less most likely and possibly get the same production.
-
How far are the Bears away from being a legit SB contender?
This was more of a mock to go with Jason's theme of boosting the offense. Cliff Harris at CB was a pretty good cover/man corner but has had behavior issues. Kind of the same with Travis Lewis who's attitude got a little ahead of him, but both are top prospects. WR Depth chart: D Bowe/V Jackson Earl Bennett Devin Hester Dwight Jones Jordan White/Dane Sanzenbacher
-
How far are the Bears away from being a legit SB contender?
Jason, I've always agreed with most of your thinking. I would like to see a draft a little more like this and FA with WR DBowe/VJackson, C Avril DE. RD1 Mike Adams OLT RD2 Dwight Jones WR RD3 Travis Lewis OLB RD3 Orson Charles TE RD4 Jordan White WR RD5 Cliff Harris CB RD6 Vick Ballard RB RD7 Jacquies Smith DE
-
RB in the draft
First off, the only RB the Bears have under contract is Marion Barber. So i would think he will be back, unless we sign both Forte and Bell to long term deals. I don't think they will be looking to cut him w/o some type of long term bodies at the position. edit: But I like LaMichael James and think he would be a decent pick
-
Mock drafts
Garza was partially extended because he was under paid for many years and the Bears kept their word on giving him his due pay. I don't see a first RD center either helping this team, but if Brewster was there with one of the 3rd's I'd think the Bears would consider.
-
Mock drafts
Jason, you would probably like draftteks first 3 picks for the Lions: RD1 Mike Adams OLT RD2 Cordy Glenn G RD3 Mike Brewster C
-
What if...
Not bad, I would have Floyd at #3. Mike Adams reminds me of Carimi since he would be better at RT in the NFL.
-
Phil Emery lead candidate
He's only a lead b/c he has Chicago Bear connections. He worked for the Bears from 94-98. I'm not sure how I feel about him yet compared to Ross or Raye. Them two organizations impressed me, Chiefs....meh
-
Mocks on NFL.com
I hope Floyd is there, that would be sweet. Hate to say it, but the Decastenator wouldn't be bad either, only if the Floyd is gone like he mocked it. I know we need LT, but there's not much in this draft to choose from.
-
Ross interviewed today...
No way they go with Ruskell, they are just doing him a favor by putting him through the process. Ross or Raye are the front runners, with IMO Raye with a slight lead. I can see coaches not wanting to come to Chicago b/c they have no idea how long the GM will keep the staff intact, but a GM is different and one of these guys would be honored to take that position over a director of college personnel or player personnal
-
Bears RUMORS
Jerome Simpson just got indicted on drug charges today per ProFootballTalk.
-
almost new offensive line coach bostad stays in pitt
I have a feeling Mike Tice has a good connectioin with the Wis program as he new Carimi and seemed to work with him at times. Great hire IMO!
-
Why the Bears don't need a TE
We first have to sign Kellen Davis since he's a FA. I think the Bears will weigh the options, Kellen Davis on one hand or Fred Davis/Jermichael Finley on the other. I would like to keep Kellen since he was drafted and has shown some flashes, but I would hope if the money is right we bring in the best talent.
-
Toub signs 2 year extension
I was looking for the "LIKE" button but cannot find it??? Great to get him back, one day we won't be so fortunate!
-
Hester as RB
Thank you Stinger, that's all this was meant to show. Resign Forte, Barber stays, and put Hester in the mix to get 10-15 touchs/plays game. Watch what he can do on draws, screens, coming out on the flats, pitches or motion him out wide or to the slot. Most plays he still be more of a recieving option that a running one, but who is gonna cover him a LB or S. If we bring in two WR's this offseason, they can give this a try.
-
Offense: contract and options 2012
QB Jay Cutler 2014 Nate Enderle 2015 Josh McCown FA Caleb Haine FA The Bears will need to address the #2 QB this offseason. Josh McCown earned a good look, but the Bears will continue to explore other options. Kyle Orton is linked to wanting to come back to Chicago, the place he calls home. David Garrard and Tice were together in Jax, so I'll throw him out there as well Draft Pick-highly unlikely this year, the Bears need to put effort in Enderle and need a capable #2 RB Matt Forte FA Marion Barber 2013 Tyler Clutts 2014 Armando Allen "undisclosed" Kahlil Bell RFA The Bears RB is not in a good situation. This might be another undisclosed strike on JA we haven't heard about. Forte will likely get the Franchise tag or get signed through 2015 Kahlil Bell being RFA, the Bears might be forced to get him signed soon to lock up a stable of RB's Draft Pick-depending on which way they choose to go, either they resign Bell or draft a RD 4 or 5 RD RB. Barber stays fellows, we are too thin to punish him for letting the team get Tebowed. WR Earl Bennett 2015 Devin Hester 2014 Johnny Knox 2013 Dane Sanzenbacher 2014 RFA Roy Williams FA Depending on the health/come back of Johnny Knox, the Bears will need to add 1 or 2 players to the mix. Sanzenbacher undrafted makes almost as much as Knox believe it or not. He will probably be back Knox I have a bad feeling the Bears will cut/waive him on inj reserve if he has any set backs...FA 2013! Williams will be long gone Vincent Jackson if he's available to sign don't hesitate, he's what we need. Dwayne Bowe also what we need, but might be a tough sign. Draft Pick - should be #1 or #2 target in draft. If Bears land top FA, still a top priority also takes Hester out of the mix TE Kellen Davis FA Matt Spaeth 2014 Kyle Adams ? Andre Smith ? Draylen Ross ? The Bears are also in bad shape at TE, resigning Davis is also a big priority. Shame on you JA. Davis hopefully will see his best opportunity is to stay with the Bears, unless the Bears look for bigger/brighter picture Jermichael Finley takes away from GB and adds a big target that has had sucess. Zach Potter another Jax player Tice would be familiar with. Draft Pick - Depends on Kellen Davis and the FA. They have 3 projects, so a late RD flyer would be out. I see an upgrade? OT Gabe Carimi 2015 J'Marcus Webb 2014 Frank Omiyale 2013 Levi Horn ? Patrick Mannely 2013 The Bears do need to upgrade, so the decision comes down to letting Omiyale go. They have alot of $ in him so it will be a tough decision on management. I know what we all think, time will tell. Demetrius Bell - played OLT for Buf. Has injuries issues and is not above average in pass blocking Jared Gaither - I recall him playing the LT also Draft Pick - tough call here since there's only about two for sure LT's in the draft and they will be gone. maybe take a chance on Zebrie Sanders if he's available in RD2 OG Roberto Garza 2014 Chris Williams 2013 Lance Louis 2013 Ricky Henry ? Wrotto ? C Chris Spencer 2013 Edwin Williams 2014 Reggie Stephens ? Next year the Bears will be in trouble at the interior of the line. This is a mosh posh but I see Williams G Garza C Louis G next year Carl Nicks-would cost a pretty penny, but would be the best lineman on the team and maybe allow Williams to move LT Draft Pick- With three contacts expiring next year a top 1-4RD pick here is worth considering My wishful thinking: I see the Bears signing Kyle Orton QB to back up Cutler. He and his wife want Chicago. Forte will be back along with Bell at RB, no change here WR will be our top priority and I'd be happy w/ VJAX and draft Floyd TE Cutler had sucess in Denver w/ TE's also, maybe Finley catches Tice's eye? OL is just disgusting and will be hard to work around, but cut Omiyale and sign Nicks