2014 Fantasy Football Thread

DrunkBomber

Def buying the Ball hype. Loved him in college, and the guy averaged 4.7 YPC last year, which was 9th in the league. With Moreno gone he becomes the featured guy. Denver will still obviously be a pass heavy team, but I wouldn't be surprised if he duplicates the close to 1600 yards of total offense Knowshon got last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Would anyone be interested in joining a 10-12 team $20 league? I have a few friends who want to do a league but we will need a few other people. 10 or 12 teams depending on interest. It will more than likely be ppr, qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, rb/wr/te flex, te, k, dst with yardage bonuses. It will either be on Yahoo or ESPN and will use either leaguesafe or ESPN's new Tilt payment option. If interested please send me a pm.

Having a hard time deciding between starting Donnie Avery or Julian Edelman this week. Especially with Bowe suspended for the week. Thoughts?

Edelman has the better QB and is a pretty consistent performer. I see KC running more than passing. With the ermegence of Kelce too, Avery is probably lower than Edelman this week.

Edelman has the better QB and is a pretty consistent performer. I see KC running more than passing. With the ermegence of Kelce too, Avery is probably lower than Edelman this week.

Thanks, was thinking the same thing I have him starting over Avery but was second guessing myself

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone else do draftkings?

I've been doing fanduel the last 3 weeks...Hasn't been pretty. Played Woodhead the first week, he got hurt. Played Crabtree last week, he got hurt (Only for a quarter and a half). This week Rashad Jennings got hurt after 10 carries (where he was averaging 5 ypc).

It's addicting though.

I've been doing fanduel the last 3 weeks...Hasn't been pretty. Played Woodhead the first week, he got hurt. Played Crabtree last week, he got hurt (Only for a quarter and a half). This week Rashad Jennings got hurt after 10 carries (where he was averaging 5 ypc).

It's addicting though.

I had Jennings on both my main rosters, that really hurt me too.

This is my 3rd week on DK's. Went 10/13 H2H the first week, switched to 50/50 last week and went 40/40. It's not looking pretty for me this week, I have a decent chance of losing all my winnings.

It's addicting though.

I ve been playing DraftKings, very similar to Fanduel. Im ahead but had a bad week,Its a lot to do with Luck, actually played him- never went off.

I ve been playing DraftKings, very similar to Fanduel. Im ahead but had a bad week,Its a lot to do with Luck, actually played him- never went off.

I think all of Draftkings had a bad week for the most part. Last week, the 50/50's I won, the minimum score for a pay out was around 150. This week, I barely won with 127 one roster, lost on the other rosters. So the mean score on those dropped around 20-25 points.

I also lost all of the triple ups and other bets, so won back around 3/4ths of what I bet.

If I decide to do it again this week, we should do a dollar head to head or something for fun.

I think all of Draftkings had a bad week for the most part. Last week, the 50/50's I won, the minimum score for a pay out was around 150. This week, I barely won with 127 one roster, lost on the other rosters. So the mean score on those dropped around 20-25 points.

I also lost all of the triple ups and other bets, so won back around 3/4ths of what I bet.

If I decide to do it again this week, we should do a dollar head to head or something for fun.

Yup, same with fanduel.

Scored 132 last week and got nada. Scored 130 this week and got $30.

You've mentioned 50/50s twice now and I noticed fanduel has em as well...What is it?

Yup, same with fanduel.

Scored 132 last week and got nada. Scored 130 this week and got $30.

You've mentioned 50/50s twice now and I noticed fanduel has em as well...What is it?

Lets say there are 200 ppl in it. If you score in the top 100, you win. It doesn't matter if you are 1st place, or 100th, you double your money minus their cut. I usually do the ones with like 100, 200, 300 ppl or more. I figure with more rosters, there will be more crappy rosters to beat.

As long as you can get the mean score, you win. My 127 score was right in the middle. So in theory, i would have beat half those teams H2H, and lost to half H2H. I would have only won half the money I won this week in theory in H2H, vs what i won in 50/50.

The down side is my losing roster. Instead of losing all of that money on it, I may have still won something if I did H2H vs. doing 50/50 where I won nothing.

I did a 2/3rds thursday night game line up. This is what I am likely going for on sunday, as long as everyone stays healthy for my 2nd line up.

QB Kirk Cousins Was@Ari $6,700 swap out

RB Fred Jackson DTD NE@Buf $5,000 swap out

RB Marshawn Lynch P Dal@Sea $8,600 swap out

WR Brandon Marshall DTD Chi@Atl $6,300 swap out

WR Steve Smith Sr. Bal@TB $6,200 swap out

WR Roddy White Chi@Atl $4,800 swap out

TE Julius Thomas Den@NYJ $6,700 swap out

FLEX Jarius Wright Det@Min $3,200 swap out

DST Redskins Was@Ari $2,500 swap out

Cousins- is due for a good game, Arizona will have their 3rd string QB most likely

Jackson- NE has a great pass d, Orton will likely check down to Jackon often and did last week.

Lynch- I had money left, he's a top back and Dallas doesnt have a gread run D.

Marshall- All signs are pointing to pushing to pushing the ball to him this week

Smith- He eats Lovie Smith's defenses for breakfast, his biggest games were always against the Bears.

White- I will probably gamble and switch this to Hester, but he is reliable points

against a beat up D that has to worry about Jones

Wright- Super Cheap and Bridgewater was leaning on him like Cutler does Marshall.

Julius Thomas- He's a bronco, Had Gronk here, until i realized i had enough to upgrade to Thomas

Redskins- Going against a 3rd stringer

* the QB and D change if Palmer can play sunday

Eli was my starter on fanduel....nuff said. =/

I gambled on a palmer/foyd connection, which luckily made me change lynch to McCoy. I didn't have any massive days from anyone, but everyone did good for me except my D. Paid the 2nd highest price for the Chargers D, they scored one point.

I gambled on a palmer/foyd connection, which luckily made me change lynch to McCoy. I didn't have any massive days from anyone, but everyone did good for me except my D. Paid the 2nd highest price for the Chargers D, they scored one point.

I had the chargers D too an the Giant's kicker who got me 0 lol

But the rest of my team went into beast mode. My once struggling team is now killing it after some clever and savvy trades. I also picked up Brady Sunday morning to sub in for Stafford. Backfield of Forte, McCoy, and Ellington, with Jordy Nelson, and Steve Smith at WR and Gregg Olsen at TE.