All on Trestman

Connorbear

Well Vincent Jackson is a monster. Last 2 years he's had years similar to or better than what Marshall and Jeffery put up. Brandon Myers has put up similar numbers to Bennett. Mike Evans another 6'5" WR was the 7th overall pick and has potential to be another guy similar to Jackson/Marshall/Jeffery. Austin Seferain-Jenkins, yet another 6'5" guy went 38th overall and he gives McCown 4 huge receivers.

I'll give you the whole first year in the system bit though, but really, if hes the guy some people think he is then he should succeed in year 1, the talent around him is there.

He is not God, no QB could go in and win in the first year in an new system...has it ever been done?

Plus, Cutler knew Marshall from Denver days and had two years to work with Alshon....

I hear what you are saying though.

I sure hope Cutler is trying to learn from his mistakes.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is not God, no QB could go in and win in the first year in an new system...has it ever been done?

Plus, Cutler knew Marshall from Denver days and had two years to work with Alshon....

I hear what you are saying though.

I sure hope Cutler is trying to learn from his mistakes.

Certainly not saying he has to "Win" and the comparisons won't be completely valid, but if he's the player some here think he is then he should have SOME success. Week 1 he was dreadful, I got to watch the game on the computer and the 2 INTs were laughable (Even went on a Bucs message board and they had the Benny Hill music playing) and there were 2 other plays where he missed guys open for TDs. New system or not, if he's a good QB he shouldn't be getting booed like he was.

It's gonna be interesting to follow.

New system or not, if he's a good QB he shouldn't be getting booed like he was.

It's gonna be interesting to follow.

Indeed. And for the record there were plenty of 'boo birds' for the Bears game. (I equally think throwing an INT to 350 LB DL-man is "laughable".) My wife, who "watches" the games around the edges could even hear it. She said " those guys in Chicago are hard core". I agree but for the right reason. Cutler isn't making friends from what we could hear all the way up here in the great white north.

Jesus H Christ! The ONLY time McCown was significantly successful in his career was last year and it was his first year in Trestman's system. People, get a grip! You can't have it both ways! There are outstanding WR's in Tampa and McCown is clearly god according to many here.

So no, that's not an excuse. The fact is it was McCown's first game there this year and sometimes it takes a guy, even a good player, a few games to get their shit together. Far be it from me to ask that Cutler be shown the same patience though. I might get called a homer by ass-clowns like Terra.

PS. Check Dan Marino's first year stats as a rookie.

Jesus H Christ! The ONLY time McCown was significantly successful in his career was last year and it was his first year in Trestman's system. People, get a grip! You can't have it both ways! There are outstanding WR's in Tampa and McCown is clearly god according to many here.

So no, that's not an excuse. The fact is it was McCown's first game there this year and sometimes it takes a guy, even a good player, a few games to get their shit together. Far be it from me to ask that Cutler be shown the same patience though. I might get called a homer by ass-clowns like Terra.

PS. Check Dan Marino's first year stats as a rookie.

Well, the fact that he was MORE successful than was Cutler in EACH of their first year's in Trestman's offense says more about McCown than it does Cutler. Cutler got the big deal for our team, McCown got a deal for another team. This is NOT Cutler's first year in this system so the patience will wear thin. Especially since it's his second and he played, as some describe, as a good rookie QB in game 1.

Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl either. So maybe Cutler's bound for that same destiny??

So from a fellow "ass clown": "Homer" you are. :cheers

Well, the fact that he was MORE successful than was Cutler in EACH of their first year's in Trestman's offense says more about McCown than it does Cutler. Cutler got the big deal for our team, McCown got a deal for another team. This is NOT Cutler's first year in this system so the patience will wear thin. Especially since it's his second and he played, as some describe, as a good rookie QB in game 1.

Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl either. So maybe Cutler's bound for that same destiny??

So from a fellow "ass clown": "Homer" you are. :cheers

I havent been on here for a while and havent read the full thread, but let me say, Cutler is who he is, once in awhile he will do the stupid stuff. He could be great on a talent level, but the brain doesnt allow him to do that. So what we have is a good QB that screws up once in the awhile. The key is to win more games that we lose and will have to see how he contributes to that, its just one game. Anybody on here that thinks McCown is a better QB is an idiot. I havent read the responses so that is intended to anybody in particular, he played his potential in the first game. He was a one year wonder.

I havent been on here for a while and havent read the full thread, but let me say, Cutler is who he is, once in awhile he will do the stupid stuff. He could be great on a talent level, but the brain doesnt allow him to do that. So what we have is a good QB that screws up once in the awhile. The key is to win more games that we lose and will have to see how he contributes to that, its just one game. Anybody on here that thinks McCown is a better QB is an idiot. I havent read the responses so that is intended to anybody in particular, he played his potential in the first game. He was a one year wonder.

Since you didn't read all the responses I'll synopsize. I don't think anyone, me included, thinks McCown is the better QB overall. I just think he (McCown) is better in Trestman's system than is Cutler. So if that equates me to being an "idiot", so be it.

But given the excuse you allow for Cutler being "who he is" and that he amounts to a numbskull at pivotal times during games, how much better is he than McCown? Probably not a whole lot. Cutler is defintiley not top 5, nor top 10 and more than likely not top 15. Since there are only 32 starting Qb's in the league we know he's at least in the top 31.