All on Trestman

Connorbear

And he looked great with us

Right. I was going to say this yesterday. I'm sure you (SCS) would be one of the first to say that Lovie is not known for his offensive prowess. No wonder McCown struggled. But, like last year and after having some time to warm up, he started improving. At any rate, McCown undoubtedly played better in Trestmans offense than did Cutler.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Against the 31st, 30th, 24th, 20th, and 19th ranked passing Ds. If you wanna hate on Jay and think he's not gonna lead us to a title, that's fine, we all have opinions, but Josh McCown isn't the answer either and he displayed why against a talented Panthers D.

And where did Buffalos D rank? Before yesterday, how many INTs did Kyle Williams have?

Right. I was going to say this yesterday. I'm sure you (SCS) would be one of the first to say that Lovie is not known for his offensive prowess. No wonder McCown struggled. But, like last year and after having some time to warm up, he started improving. At any rate, McCown undoubtedly played better in Trestmans offense than did Cutler.

And again I say thats debatable due to the level of talent he went against.

Lovie's offenses always sucked because he never really had the talent. This year talent shouldn't be an issue. They added 3 starting OLmen and a starting TE in FA, then spent all their picks in the draft on offense including 2 more 6'5" receivers in the first 2 rounds.

He started to improve in garbage time.....It's gonna be real interesting to follow all season.

And where did Buffalos D rank? Before yesterday, how many INTs did Kyle Williams have?

Actually, last year they ranked 4th in yards and they held QBs to 55% passing, which was tops in the league. I could use that in my arguments but really, it's a new year and I'll only bring that up because you asked.

Cutlers looked like shit against all sorts of Defenses.. Gimme a break

There's really no point in arguing with you, but I'll bite anyway.

Jay had 7 games where his passer rating was above 90. 4 games below. 2 of those games he was hurt. 1 game he was put in a real difficult situation in that Philly game where they got throttled...The 4th game I'll go ahead and say he looked like shit.

Had he stayed healthy Jay was probably a pro bowler last year.

Actually, last year they ranked 4th in yards and they held QBs to 55% passing, which was tops in the league. I could use that in my arguments but really, it's a new year and I'll only bring that up because you asked.

Your answers are skewed. The Bills were rated 4th in their run defense, not whole defense. That point was belabored about 100 times yesterday during the broadcast. Their pass defense, which Jay THREW against, was not rated 4th. Just to put things in perspective the Bills allowed 228 yds passing and 28 passing TDs last year. Whereas the worst overall D last year, Dallas, allowed 283 yds passing and 33 passing TDs.

I'll give you the 'new year' answer because evidently Manuel has improved or is it our D looked that bad? One thing is certain, Cutler is the "same old Cutler".

Your answers are skewed. The Bills were rated 4th in their run defense, not whole defense. That point was belabored about 100 times yesterday during the broadcast. Their pass defense, which Jay THREW against, was not rated 4th. Just to put things in perspective the Bills allowed 228 yds passing and 28 passing TDs last year. Whereas the worst overall D last year, Dallas, allowed 283 yds passing and 33 passing TDs.

I'll give you the 'new year' answer because evidently Manuel has improved or is it our D looked that bad? One thing is certain, Cutler is the "same old Cutler".

Again I'm not trying to make this my argument but what I said was the truth.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/s...fense/year/2013

They were 4th in passing yards against, 1st in opponents completion%, and also 3rd in opponents QB rating and 2nd in interceptions.

Here is the bottom line IMO...

Cutler should have been released...this is a mistake.

McCown would have been the better choice for Trestman's offence.....

But who knows that politics are involved?

So, we are stuck with Cutler for now....

However, if Cutler screws up again.....then he should sit.

Does McCown have the weapons Cutler has?

Did McCown come in an win games?

Nuff said folks.

I say tell Cutler no more turnovers or he can sit.

You don't win with turnovers.

Check the stats....sigh....

I fear it is going to be a bad week for us next week!

Nuff said folks.

Seeing McCown look absolutely brutal yesterday, I would not compare Cutler to McCown. Cutler has Forte, Jeffery, Marshall and Bennett; McCown has Martin, Jackson, Evans, and Myers. So Cutler has slightly better weapons, but it is not a huge drop off.

Looking at the INTs, the first one was is on Cutler, Bennett, or Marshall, but it should've been a huge gain as the 2x receivers had only Graham within 10 yards (and he intercepted it). The 2nd INT was the inexcusable one. He has to just throw it away, especially with that down and distance once he is out of the pocket. The Bills defense is much better than they are given credit for and we still had the 4th highest yards total in Week 1 (and 2 of the top 4 were ATL and NO in that shootout). 3rd Down conversions and turnovers were the difference in the game.

Interesting note that the defense held Buffalo to 31-108 (3.5 YPC) excluding those two long runs. Also, on those two plays, it looks like Briggs was out of position on both. On the first one, he left his gap and followed Manuel who didn't have the ball, then on the Jackson run, he shot the wrong gap and was laying on his back in the backfield as Jackson ran untouched thru the line. Also, Allen was mugged on that play, I am surprised Buffalo was not called for holding on that play.

Nuff said folks.

Jolly good show! Cheerio!

Again I'm not trying to make this my argument but what I said was the truth.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/s...fense/year/2013

They were 4th in passing yards against, 1st in opponents completion%, and also 3rd in opponents QB rating and 2nd in interceptions.

Hmm... Then why did the announcers keep saying "4th against the run"? Either my hearings shot or I need less hooch in my morning libation.

Either way, Jay still looks like shat and needs to pull his head out. Especially for the money he's getting. I don't have faith in Clausen as I did in McCown. And for the record please do keep a running tally of how Cutler does vs McCown this year. I'll be interested in seeing.

Hmm... Then why did the announcers keep saying "4th against the run"? Either my hearings shot or I need less hooch in my morning libation.

Either way, Jay still looks like shat and needs to pull his head out. Especially for the money he's getting. I don't have faith in Clausen as I did in McCown. And for the record please do keep a running tally of how Cutler does vs McCown this year. I'll be interested in seeing.

Perhaps they said in the preseason? Last year they were 5th last against the run from a yardage standpoint.

He looked like shit on on that 1 play. There was a window there on that play but it was small, Williams was about 2 steps away. The other INT like Adam said was really a miscommunication on Bennetts part he was open streaking down the field and Graham was a good 5-10 yards away....The near INT late was on Holmes, he slipped out of his route.

Sorry, but the Bears made the correct decision in keeping Cutler over McCown.

Cutler may not be the guy. But McCown certainly isn't.

Like numerous back-up's before him (Scott Mitchell, Flynn, etc) , McCown had the planets align nicely for himself and did us good. But you do not bet the farm on that.

At the moment, Cutler lead us to a playoff berth in the past. McCown did not. Nuff said?

Cutler deserves the grief today for certain. But we've got him for the next 3 seasons for sure. So, we all best hope for either "him getting it finally" or pure luck!

Nuff said folks.

Perhaps they said in the preseason? Last year they were 5th last against the run from a yardage standpoint.

He looked like shit on on that 1 play. There was a window there on that play but it was small, Williams was about 2 steps away. The other INT like Adam said was really a miscommunication on Bennetts part he was open streaking down the field and Graham was a good 5-10 yards away....The near INT late was on Holmes, he slipped out of his route.

The guy has a horrible TD/INT ratio. How can you (and he) keep defending him by saying it's "Bennets fault" or Holmes " slipped"? Every time it's another excuse? Like someone asked yesterday, "how do you miss a 350 LB guy in white ?"

And the other " near miss" where Morgan caught the ricochet was another Cutler f#*k up. I mean really, this guy does it all the time. Or at least enough to be called Jekyll and Hyde.

Like numerous back-up's before him (Scott Mitchell, Flynn, etc) , McCown had the planets align nicely for himself and did us good. But you do not bet the farm on that.

At the moment, Cutler lead us to a playoff berth in the past. McCown did not. Nuff said?

Cutler deserves the grief today for certain. But we've got him for the next 3 seasons for sure. So, we all best hope for either "him getting it finally" or pure luck!

Agreed 100%.

Peace :dabears

Guess we have to agree to disagree there Mad, but hey, I hope we are not stuck with him for three years or it is going to be a tough three years if he doesn't stop throwing those interceptions.

The reason McCown never took us to the playoffs is that he was never given the opportunities Cutler was.

And comparing Cutler and McCown stats is interesting, but does McCown have Jeffery, Marshcall, and Bennett in TB?

And he has the offensive genius of who? Lovie?

Oh well....

Guess we have to agree to disagree there Mad, but hey, I hope we are not stuck with him for three years or it is going to be a tough three years if he doesn't stop throwing those interceptions.

The reason McCown never took us to the playoffs is that he was never given the opportunities Cutler was.

And comparing Cutler and McCown stats is interesting, but does McCown have Jeffery, Marshcall, and Bennett in TB?

Oh well....

There's no doubt he's gonna be the QB the next 3 years. McCown is a JAG (Just another guy).

McCown doesn't quite have the same weapons but he does indeed have weapons.

Jeff Tedford, their offensive coordinator, has gotten a lot of the same buzz Trestman got as a QB guru (Coached 6 1st round QBs in college, including Aaron Rodgers)

If McCown is more than just another guy than he'll show something in Tampa. Through 1 game he was getting booed half way through until he picked it up in garbage time.

Cutler just signed the big contract, so he's not going anywhere for this season or the next 2 at minimum.

Oh well....

There's no doubt he's gonna be the QB the next 3 years. McCown is a JAG (Just another guy).

McCown doesn't quite have the same weapons but he does indeed have weapons.

Jeff Tedford, their offensive coordinator, has gotten a lot of the same buzz Trestman got as a QB guru (Coached 6 1st round QBs in college, including Aaron Rodgers)

If McCown is more than just another guy than he'll show something in Tampa. Through 1 game he was getting booed half way through until he picked it up in garbage time.

Don't forget, this is his first year working in a new system with all new guys, and the guys he has don't compare favourably with ours.

What year is Cutler in with this system?

Don't forget, this is his first year working in a new system with all new guys, and the guys he has don't compare favourably with ours.

What year is Cutler in with this system?

Well Vincent Jackson is a monster. Last 2 years he's had years similar to or better than what Marshall and Jeffery put up. Brandon Myers has put up similar numbers to Bennett. Mike Evans another 6'5" WR was the 7th overall pick and has potential to be another guy similar to Jackson/Marshall/Jeffery. Austin Seferain-Jenkins, yet another 6'5" guy went 38th overall and he gives McCown 4 huge receivers.

I'll give you the whole first year in the system bit though, but really, if hes the guy some people think he is then he should succeed in year 1, the talent around him is there.