Updated Draft Order

adam

Fuller?????????

not that I want Emery drafting

Not giving Emery a break, this team has been short on having draft picks for years. Traded picks for Cutler, Marshall, Gaines Adams have crippled this franchise. Year one sucked and Shea may take another big step on his final year to save some face for that class. Year two, missing a 3rd RD pick, we take Bostic. I do not see another LB drafted after him that has done squat in the nfl. Arthur Brown was a big name talked about and he hasn't played much. We've been short on picks and some of those draft classes were weak in talent. Last year the class was good, and I think the Bears did good filling positions of need. This coming draft looks good too...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not giving Emery a break, this team has been short on having draft picks for years. Traded picks for Cutler, Marshall, Gaines Adams have crippled this franchise. Year one sucked and Shea may take another big step on his final year to save some face for that class. Year two, missing a 3rd RD pick, we take Bostic. I do not see another LB drafted after him that has done squat in the nfl. Arthur Brown was a big name talked about and he hasn't played much. We've been short on picks and some of those draft classes were weak in talent. Last year the class was good, and I think the Bears did good filling positions of need. This coming draft looks good too...

I agree on all except for the Bostic pick. Here are picks around Bostic, now we obviously couldn't get any of the players ahead of him, but look at the quality after, up to almost 30 picks later:

46 - Kiko Alonso, LB

47 - Gavin Escobar, TE

48 - LeVeon Bell, RB

50 - Bostic

51 - David Amerson, CB

52 - Jamie Collins, LB

58 - Montee Ball, RB

61 - Eddie Lacy, RB

63 - Travis Kelce, TE

65 - Larry Warford, G

66 - Sio Moore, LB

69 - Honey Badger, CB

71 - T. J. McDonald, S

74 - Terrance Williams, WR

75 - Terron Armstead, OT

76 - Keenan Allen, WR

An example would be the 50th pick could've landed us #59 and #102 (NE), and we could picked any player after Ball, and had an extra pick 15 before Greene in the 4th. Obviously hindsight is 50/50, but there were options. We went back to back LB, so we could've easily went with Warford after Long.

I agree on all except for the Bostic pick. Here are picks around Bostic, now we obviously couldn't get any of the players ahead of him, but look at the quality after, up to almost 30 picks later:

46 - Kiko Alonso, LB

47 - Gavin Escobar, TE

48 - LeVeon Bell, RB

50 - Bostic

51 - David Amerson, CB

52 - Jamie Collins, LB

58 - Montee Ball, RB

61 - Eddie Lacy, RB

63 - Travis Kelce, TE

65 - Larry Warford, G

66 - Sio Moore, LB

69 - Honey Badger, CB

71 - T. J. McDonald, S

74 - Terrance Williams, WR

75 - Terron Armstead, OT

76 - Keenan Allen, WR

An example would be the 50th pick could've landed us #59 and #102 (NE), and we could picked any player after Ball, and had an extra pick 15 before Greene in the 4th. Obviously hindsight is 50/50, but there were options. We went back to back LB, so we could've easily went with Warford after Long.

We came into the draft with a huge need to replace Urlacher. I wanted Ogletree and it may have worked out taking him and then Warford. But as for finding a MLB, I think they chose the best guy with what was out there. I would assume we tried to trade down, but there probably wasn't any takers. If we draft a MLB this year, I think Bostic will do better at WLB and Jones/McClellin can battle out the SLB spot.

We came into the draft with a huge need to replace Urlacher. I wanted Ogletree and it may have worked out taking him and then Warford. But as for finding a MLB, I think they chose the best guy with what was out there. I would assume we tried to trade down, but there probably wasn't any takers. If we draft a MLB this year, I think Bostic will do better at WLB and Jones/McClellin can battle out the SLB spot.

Yeah, I was just saying there were other draft options, and we did let Nick Roach walk too that year.

I am really liking what I see out of Mariota. I don't think he would ever last to pick #9 or 10, but he looks legit. 101-12 TD-INT Ratio. He leads the NCAA in QBR, and was 2nd the last two years (behind Winston and Manziel). Oregon is 34-4 with him at QB, so he is a winner and pretty big at 6-4.

Yeah, I was just saying there were other draft options, and we did let Nick Roach walk too that year.

I am really liking what I see out of Mariota. I don't think he would ever last to pick #9 or 10, but he looks legit. 101-12 TD-INT Ratio. He leads the NCAA in QBR, and was 2nd the last two years (behind Winston and Manziel). Oregon is 34-4 with him at QB, so he is a winner and pretty big at 6-4.

Now, I do not watch college football but if the Bears are in the top 10 and they identify a franchise QB than they should trade up to secure the pick and doing so should not be too costly. Then the rest of the draft should focus on defense and the following year 2016 then focus on offensive line when you let the second year QB battle cutler for starting job.

Now, I do not watch college football but if the Bears are in the top 10 and they identify a franchise QB than they should trade up to secure the pick and doing so should not be too costly. Then the rest of the draft should focus on defense and the following year 2016 then focus on offensive line when you let the second year QB battle cutler for starting job.

Trading up is basically out. It would cost a 4thRD just to move up one spot. A 2nd RD to move up 5 spots. Mariota will be #1 overall, which will cost us next years 1st and this years 3rd . Winston is reachable, but I wouldn't touch him with our 9th-12th pick. With Cutler signed at least 2 years, might as well rebuild the D and find a Center.

1. OAK 1-11

2. JAX 2-10

3. TEN 2-10

4. NYJ 2-10*

5. TB 2-10

6. WAS 3-9

7. NYG 3-9

8. CAR 3-8-1

9. NO 5-7

10. STL 5-7

11. MIN 5-7

12. CHI 5-7

13. HOU 6-6

An interesting note assuming Miami wins tonight, no teams will have 4 wins, and only Houston will have 6. This pretty much locks us into picks 9-12 as CAR, WAS, or NYG would have to win 3 out of 4 just to reach 6 wins (and we have tougher SoS than all of them anyway). Houston has the easiest remaining schedule, so I figure they will end with 8-9 wins. So that essentially leaves STL, MIN, and the loser between ATL and NO. NO has a super easy schedule and will end up with at least 8 wins to win their division.

#9 MIN - NYJ, @DET, @MIA, CHI = 6-10 (win against MIA)

#10 CHI - DAL, DET, NO, @MIN = 6-10 (win against MIN)

#11 ATL - @GB, PIT, @NO, CAR = 7-9 (wins against PIT, CAR)

#12 STL - @WAS, ARZ, NYG, @SEA = 7-9 (wins against WAS, NYG)

Even with 2x wins, we really won't do any worse than #12. So 9 to 12th it is.

Carolina, St. Louis and Houston and Giants and Vikings won

I hope they continue to win and we lose..... Let's move up as high as possible!!!!!

Houston getting to 7 wins is huge. We don't have to worry about them anymore. STL looks like they are going to end the year on a high note (or low note if you're a Rams fan wanting them to bottom out). Jeff Fisher has them playing defense extremely well. They could conceivably win out, or win 3 of 4 down the stretch.

We know somebody has to win the NFC South, so that team will leap to drafting 21st by winning their division. If the Saints beat us next week, but Atlanta wins the division and Carolina wins one more game, they all will be drafting after the Bears.

The Giants getting to 6 wins is going to be a stretch.

Best they can do it looks like is #7 which would be great. I still think the Bears will ruin all of this by beating a horrid Minnesota team at the end of the year. Hell, the way the Saints looked against Carolina, I'm not so sure they don't win next week as well..

Giants win, Panthers win, and Minnesota is beating Detroit 14-7 in the 2nd quarter. Would be a huge win for us if the Vikings are able to eek out at least 1 more win to reach 7 so the last game of the year isn't as important for draft position.

Somebody else might know this but with the Giants at 5 wins now, I'm not sure if the Bears would be ahead or behind them in the draft if they both went 5-11. They face St Louis next week.

Panthers face Cleveland and Atlanta next. If we lose at least 2 out of 3, Panthers are guaranteed to draft ahead of us with at least 1 more win. They would still be ahead of us if both lose out since the Panthers have the one tie.

You would think the Saints win at least two more games this year with the Bears, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay remaining. That gets them to 7 wins.

We really need Atlanta to win at least one more game. They have a tough task with two divisional games to finish between Carolina and New Orleans.

1. TB 2-12

2. TEN 2-12

3. JAX 2-12

4. OAK 2-12

5. WAS 3-11

6. NYJ 3-11

7. ATL 5-9 - @NO, CAR

8. NYG 5-9 - @STL, PHI

9. CHI 5-8 - NO, DET, @MIN

10. NO 5-8 - @CHI, ATL, TB

11. STL 6-8 - NYG, @SEA

12. MIN 6-8 - @MIA, CHI

13. HOU 7-7 - BAL, JAX

14. CLE 7-7

15. MIA 7-7

16. SF 7-7

We are still capable of getting all the way up to the 7th pick thanks to the Giants, but we would have to lose out and ATL would need to win at least one. The worst looks like it is still 12th. Realistically, 10th or 11th seems about right if you projected us winning 7 and beating MIN who would then swap with us.

1. TB 2-12

2. TEN 2-12

3. JAX 2-12

4. OAK 2-12

5. WAS 3-11

6. NYJ 3-11

7. ATL 5-9 - @NO, CAR

8. NYG 5-9 - @STL, PHI

11. STL 6-8 - NYG, @SEA

12. MIN 6-8 - @MIA, CHI

13. HOU 7-7 - BAL, JAX

14. CLE 7-7

15. MIA 7-7

16. SF 7-7

We are still capable of getting all the way up to the 7th pick thanks to the Giants, but we would have to lose out and ATL would need to win at least one. The worst looks like it is still 12th. Realistically, 10th or 11th seems about right if you projected us winning 7 and beating MIN who would then swap with us.

We need ATl to beat NO and lose to Car

We need to lose out

NYG to win one

to get the 7th pick.

I wish with us being out of the playoffs we could get a higher pick but anything in the top 10 would be nice.

We need ATl to beat NO and lose to Car

We need to lose out

NYG to win one

to get the 7th pick.

I wish with us being out of the playoffs we could get a higher pick but anything in the top 10 would be nice.

Yeah, essentially, if we are not going after a QB in the first, then a top 10 pick will get a top 8 talent for all positions other than QB assuming Mariota and Winston go before we pick. That should leave a stud there at 10 or 11.

We need to lose out.

The front office and the coaching staff needs to be fired.

A director of football operations needs to be hired. Sweaty Teddy can run business operations and crunch #s to his heart's delight.

Until this happens, we will continue to suck.

Peace :dabears

We need to lose out.

The front office and the coaching staff needs to be fired.

A director of football operations needs to be hired. Sweaty Teddy can run business operations and crunch #s to his heart's delight.

Until this happens, we will continue to suck.

yeah I'm with you. It's quite clear the team has completely checked out. Trestman and company must go. Something tells me he stays though

1. TB 2-12

2. TEN 2-12

3. JAX 2-12

4. OAK 2-12

5. WAS 3-11

6. NYJ 3-11

7. ATL 5-9 - @NO, CAR

8. NYG 5-9 - @STL, PHI

11. STL 6-8 - NYG, @SEA

12. MIN 6-8 - @MIA, CHI

13. HOU 7-7 - BAL, JAX

14. CLE 7-7

15. MIA 7-7

16. SF 7-7

If Washington and the jets won out and the Bears loss the next two who gets the higher draft pick

If Washington and the jets won out and the Bears loss the next two who gets the higher draft pick

Due to SoS, if NYJ won out and we lost our last two, we would jump over them. However, WAS SoS is too low for us to pass. Right now it comes down to what ATL and NYG do. Hopefully they both can win at least one of their last two and we can lose out to jump them both into 7th. STL SoS basically ensures we will not fall below 11th. So right now 7th-11th is our range.

1. TB 2-12 (.467)

2. TEN 2-12 (.503)

3. JAX 2-12 (.538)

4. OAK 2-12 (.571)

5. WAS 3-11 (.469)

6. NYJ 3-11 - NE, @MIA (.536)

7. ATL 5-9 - @NO, CAR (.495)

8. NYG 5-9 - @STL, PHI (.505)

9. CHI 5-9 - DET, @MIN (.513)

10. CAR 5-8-1 - ATL, TB (.503)

11. MIN 6-8 - @MIA, CHI (.482)

12. STL 6-8 - NYG, @SEA (.536)

With the 7th pick being the best we can get (realistically), and assuming Mariota, Winston, and Cooper come off in the top 5-6, that leaves us with a basically a top 5 pick from all the other positions (minus QB and WR).

As bad as we have looked I am still nervous as hell that we are going to beat Minnesota the last game of the year. I have no idea how they've won 6 games this year but they play like one of the worst 5 teams in the NFL. Their quarterback sucks, they have no run game, and they make stupid decisions on defense. I could definitely see the Bears winning that game and probably going from like 7th to 10th in the draft order because of it. I'll be so pissed.

As bad as we have looked I am still nervous as hell that we are going to beat Minnesota the last game of the year. I have no idea how they've won 6 games this year but they play like one of the worst 5 teams in the NFL. Their quarterback sucks, they have no run game, and they make stupid decisions on defense. I could definitely see the Bears winning that game and probably going from like 7th to 10th in the draft order because of it. I'll be so pissed.

They played a lot better against Detroit and Green Bay than we did.

What I love about this list is that more than half of those teams aren't going to be looking to take a qb and only 3 teams above us that need one. NYJ and WAS for sure. TB and TENN are possibilities.

While I want no part of Mariotta, I would not mind if good ole Rapeis fell into our laps.

I would love Mariotta. Want nothing to do with Winston's dumb stupid ass.

I would love Mariotta. Want nothing to do with Winston's dumb stupid ass.

There are only 2 collegiate QBs that had a better season QBR than what Mariota has this year, Andrew Luck in 2010 and Russell Wilson in 2011. That is some pretty good company. He also has 3 seasons in the top #17 QBR since 2004. No other QB has even 2 seasons in the top 20. He has a TD-INT ratio of 101-12. Insane.

There are only 2 collegiate QBs that had a better season QBR than what Mariota has this year, Andrew Luck in 2010 and Russell Wilson in 2011. That is some pretty good company. He also has 3 seasons in the top #17 QBR since 2004. No other QB has even 2 seasons in the top 20. He has a TD-INT ratio of 101-12. Insane.

how much of that is the system he runs. I love the kid just not sure it will translate to the NFL

If you have watched more than a half of football that Mariotta has played you'd realize that:

He has no pocket presence.

He rarely makes it past his first read who normally is wide open.

He needs to gain 20 pounds of muscle.

His system hides his many flaws.

He lacks arm strength.

You'll have to teach him how to be a QB in a true system.

He is incapable of leading a team, for at minimum, a year and a half.

His numbers are awesome yet flawed. Don't analyze a read option QB on his stats only.

#ragz 2 bitchez

Disclaimer:

I hate Rapise. If he went to the joint tomorrow I would celebrate. That being said, I think he is Micheal Jordan. He possesses a quality rarely found that is next level extraordinary. His moxie and what he brings as a leader is not quantifiable. He is the next Peyton; he is the next Tom. I hate him as a person yet would welcome him on my team.

Krzy