No emotional decisions need to be made in the off season

50england50

With the media furore and the fans venting their frustration I hope whoever makes the decisions after the season is over does it rationally and without emotion.

The first thing that should be considered is do we want to go through a Chicago Cubs rebuild i.e. Get rid of Emery, Trestman, coaches and playing staff because if they clean house from top to bottom then whoever comes in will change the players.

Whether a rebuild is or isn't required should be determined with the following observations:

1. What affect they last 2 seasons can be attributed to Angelo's drafting. If you look at Greenbay the majority of their roster is built from drafting. This gives you more options for building a roster and not have free agents come in like Peppers and cripple your franchise. Also we may have drafted a QB and not needed to give Denver those no. 1's for Cutler

2. Can Emery and the player evaluation team start drafting players that are comparable with Green Bay.

3. Is Trestman able to keep the players, coaching staff bought in that he is able to lead men. The trouble currently seems that he is giving them ownership of themselves hoping they can make the right decisions that are required to help the Bears achieve their goals. Is this philosophy naive and do they need greater direction.

4. How much influence has Lovie's players like Briggs, Peppers etc. had in the past 2 seasons an in someways sabotaged the new regime.

5. Can we win with or without Cutler. Is it possible to take the poor decision making made by Cutler by really running the ball more. Is the oline good enough because I feel the biggest weak link in the line is at Center. If you protect from the inside out then surely the Center is the most important position. What are our options if we choose to cut or trade Cutler. Howdoes his salary cripple this team.

I have used Green Bay to judge ourselves by because they seem to be doing things the right way and until we can complete and beat them we are going nowhere.

With the media furore and the fans venting their frustration I hope whoever makes the decisions after the season is over does it rationally and without emotion.

The first thing that should be considered is do we want to go through a Chicago Cubs rebuild i.e. Get rid of Emery, Trestman, coaches and playing staff because if they clean house from top to bottom then who ever comes in will change the players.

Whether a rebuild is or isn't required should be determined with the following observations:

1. What affect they last 2 seasons can be attributed to Angelo's drafting. If you look at Greenbay the majority of their roster is built from drafting. This gives you more options for building a roster and not have free agents come in like Peppers and cripple your franchise. Also we may have drafted a QB and not needed to give Denver those no. 1's for Cutler

2. Can Emery and the player evaluation team start drafting players that are comparable with Green Bay.

3. Is Trestman able to keep the players, coaching staff bought in that he is able to lead men. The trouble currently seems that he is giving them ownership of themselves hoping they can make the right decisions that are required to help the Bears achieve their goals. Is this philosophy naive and do they need greater direction.

4. How much influence has Lovie's players like Briggs, Peppers etc. had in the past 2 seasons an in someways sabotaged the new regime.

5. Can we win with or without Cutler. Is it possible to take the poor decision making made by Cutler by really running the ball more. Is the oline good enough because I feel the biggest weak link in the line is at Center. If you protect from the inside out then surely the Center is the most important position. What are our options if we choose to cut or trade Cutler. Howdoes his salary cripple this team.

I have used Green Bay to judge ourselves by because they seem to be doing things the right way and until we can complete and beat them we are going nowhere.

I do like Emery and unlike a few, I think his drafts have been decent if you throw away his first one. Maybe the same can be said on his coaching hires. Throw away this first coaching staff, because Trestman couldnt handle keeping things in house. The leaks to the media have been sickening. I would almost say someone is leaking the play calls also. I would reach out to Holmgren with a proposal to coach a year or two, develop his replacement HC and then step into the President of Football Operations. It could be a dagger to the guy who hires him, but Emery could learn and survive which I believe he is smart enough to.

I am finally back once again. Completely sick at this mess. In my opinion kromer must go and obviously big changes need to be made in the defensive coaching ranks as well as ST. I think we need to start there before we even think about players. I want to see coaches brought in who have excelled at actually developing players. That's 1 of biggest differences I see between us and GB. Once we start there and depending on who is brought in then we can discuss players and what players fit best for the scheme that new guy wants to install.

Btw. I've really missed you guys. Life is to quite without y'all lol

I am finally back once again. Completely sick at this mess. In my opinion kromer must go and obviously big changes need to be made in the defensive coaching ranks as well as ST. I think we need to start there before we even think about players. I want to see coaches brought in who have excelled at actually developing players. That's 1 of biggest differences I see between us and GB. Once we start there and depending on who is brought in then we can discuss players and what players fit best for the scheme that new guy wants to install.

Nice to see you back!

Good to see you back!!!

Peace :dabears

Glad to have you back!!!

The first thing that should be considered is do we want to go through a Chicago Cubs rebuild i.e. Get rid of Emery, Trestman, coaches and playing staff because if they clean house from top to bottom then whoever comes in will change the players.

I hope George some emotion, this season should have him seeing red.

1. JA drafting has 100% had an affect. Its part of the reason he was fired. JA drafting doesn't have anything to do with Emery and the staff he hired.

2. For Emery to keep his job he has to draft better than JA. GB has done a great job drafting, but they win because of Rodgers, end of story.

3. The guys inside the organization are the only ones that know how screwed up the Bears team and staff is. If everyone is fired we will know it was not fixable.

4. The only player that seemed to not buy in was Briggs. He is gone.

5. We can win with Cutler or without Cutler. After next year his cap hit goes to 15 million so that is better. I say if you cant trade him you try one more year, with a new coach or not. 15 million in dead space would suck.

I do like Emery and unlike a few, I think his drafts have been decent if you throw away his first one. Maybe the same can be said on his coaching hires. Throw away this first coaching staff, because Trestman couldnt handle keeping things in house. The leaks to the media have been sickening. I would almost say someone is leaking the play calls also. I would reach out to Holmgren with a proposal to coach a year or two, develop his replacement HC and then step into the President of Football Operations. It could be a dagger to the guy who hires him, but Emery could learn and survive which I believe he is smart enough to.

Think about what Emery has done. Hired a spineless coach, forced assistants on him, had an awful first draft...but even than, he has continued to misscout our internal talent.

TO you points...

1. I completely agree. Emery was hired to correct wrongs. Let's be honest, any new GM doesn't usually get a suped-up hot-rod. They are hired because the guy before F'ed up. SO, part of Emery's job is to deal with it. Some elements he did well, others no.

2. Agreed. But their lack of depth is showing why they only have one ring with Erin. And it's tough. Otherwise, Peyton would have a dozen and Brady even more... The planets need to align. At least those clubs are always int he dance.

3. Not sure about this...I just don't trust ayone from our team or management. Have they earned our trust?

4. Briggs not only didn't buy in, he was not professional. He should have been cut the moment it was found out he opened the BBQ place.

5. I think Cliff Stein could make the $15M hurt less than one would imagine...

I hope George some emotion, this season should have him seeing red.

1. JA drafting has 100% had an affect. Its part of the reason he was fired. JA drafting doesn't have anything to do with Emery and the staff he hired.

2. For Emery to keep his job he has to draft better than JA. GB has done a great job drafting, but they win because of Rodgers, end of story.

3. The guys inside the organization are the only ones that know how screwed up the Bears team and staff is. If everyone is fired we will know it was not fixable.

4. The only player that seemed to not buy in was Briggs. He is gone.

5. We can win with Cutler or without Cutler. After next year his cap hit goes to 15 million so that is better. I say if you cant trade him you try one more year, with a new coach or not. 15 million in dead space would suck.

Think about what Emery has done. Hired a spineless coach, forced assistants on him, had an awful first draft...but even than, he has continued to misscout our internal talent.

How has he mis-scouted our internal talent? Is that all about Cutler? Or are you upset he brought back Tillman for another year? Signed Jennings to a new deal? Slausson to a new deal? Kept Briggs around? Signed Marshall to an extension? Should we have cut Paea before his fourth season? Should Emery not have signed Forte to his new deal? Garza's one year deal?

How has he mis-scouted our internal talent? Is that all about Cutler? Or are you upset he brought back Tillman for another year? Signed Jennings to a new deal? Slausson to a new deal? Kept Briggs around? Signed Marshall to an extension? Should we have cut Paea before his fourth season? Should Emery not have signed Forte to his new deal? Garza's one year deal?

Kept Briggs around....thought DJ Williams could play....Shea (how is he still in the lineup..that has to be on our GM forcing the issue)....Jennings deal looks really bad (he isn't near the player he was...pretty much non-existent on the field) and of course the Cutler deal (which is a mega albatross). He also vastly ignored the safety position, relying on Conte for another year and really misdiagnosed our LB corps.

Kept Briggs around....thought DJ Williams could play....Shea (how is he still in the lineup..that has to be on our GM forcing the issue)....Jennings deal looks really bad (he isn't near the player he was...pretty much non-existent on the field) and of course the Cutler deal (which is a mega albatross). He also vastly ignored the safety position, relying on Conte for another year and really misdiagnosed our LB corps.

You are the first one to blast Emery for keeping Briggs around. He's taken a ton of heat for letting Urlacher go and I felt that was the right decision. Letting go of Briggs at the same time I don't think was warranted as Briggs was still productive. After his injury last season he never returned to form. Could have cut him in the offseason I suppose but we had nobody at LB. Same goes for DJ Williams. I think he was brought back for depth and experience and to compete for a starting job. Bostic nor SMC didn't step up and that left an opening for Williams to start. I don't know who we'd have had replace him but for sure this season I haven't been a big fan of how he has player or worked off the field. SMC is the 4th LB on the roster. With Briggs out, Williams out, do we go with Sharpton? IMO that's a draw and I'd rather have SMC out to continue to get experience. Who were you looking to get in place of Briggs and Williams?

You can have a team of pro bowlers (Bears offense) and they would look like garbage if they are not on the same page of understanding their scheme/job. Is it a thought that maybe the performance is a reflection of the coaching staff?

This team can be turned around, but it is going to take strong leaders. I would start out with Phillips and get him out of the football decisions. I would not want to see Phillips make another attempt on a GM. I think Emery can be a good GM, if he has a strong guy above him and below him. The head coach needs to have the energy to feed the players too. Tired of the quiet hide in the corner guys and no I am not saying I want Ditka to come and throw gum screaming and Singletary to drop his pants. I want a coach that makes it fun to play and makes it exciting for the players to buy in.

You can have a team of pro bowlers (Bears offense) and they would look like garbage if they are not on the same page of understanding their scheme/job. Is it a thought that maybe the performance is a reflection of the coaching staff?

This team can be turned around, but it is going to take strong leaders. I would start out with Phillips and get him out of the football decisions. I would not want to see Phillips make another attempt on a GM. I think Emery can be a good GM, if he has a strong guy above him and below him. The head coach needs to have the energy to feed the players too. Tired of the quiet hide in the corner guys and no I am not saying I want Ditka to come and throw gum screaming and Singletary to drop his pants. I want a coach that makes it fun to play and makes it exciting for the players to buy in.

any suggestions for a possible HC? Just asking. Personally I don't like harbaugh but you know he would be mentioned