Emery is gone!

Chitownhustla

If any of these douchebags had any honor they'd resign after this cluster of a season. I simply can't believe Phillips is retaining his job. He hired Emery and had the final say on all the other hires! If they deserve the be fired, so does HE!

With Phillips in charge, the cycle is destined to repeat itself. Unless they pull all football related decisions from him and create a new position. As it stands right now, an accountant is still in charge of our favorite football franchise.

It's understandable why we hired a nerdish little fellow, a professor type, when you look at who makes the decisions from the top. Trestman was a nice man but in WAY over his head.

I'll reserve judgment on them keeping Phillips until I hear what they have to say. But as of right this minute, I'm not satisfied they've taken the step necessary to make REAL change.

Way to go George McCaskey!! It's nice to feel like the owners finally get it, and not dragging it out like with Lovie. :dabears

I agree there. Probably most decisive moves the ownership has made in three decades. If you are old like me you remember what happened in the early 1980s. Emery was George's first hire and it didn't go well. Let's hope his 3 years running things have helped him gain perspective on what we need in the next GM.

I get why Phillips made the Emery hire and why Emery made the Trestman hire. Philly hired an innovator(not looking so innovative now) and the bears thought they might get ahead of that curve. Then this season hit teams in the mouth with a running game. The bears got cute and the people that were responsible for that decision paradigm should go. But how far up should we go?

If any of these douchebags had any honor they'd resign after this cluster of a season. I simply can't believe Phillips is retaining his job. He hired Emery and had the final say on all the other hires! If they deserve the be fired, so does HE!

With Phillips in charge, the cycle is destined to repeat itself. Unless they pull all football related decisions from him and create a new position. As it stands right now, an accountant is still in charge of our favorite football franchise.

It's understandable why we hired a nerdish little fellow, a professor type, when you look at who makes the decisions from the top. Trestman was a nice man but in WAY over his head.

I'll reserve judgment on them keeping Phillips until I hear what they have to say. But as of right this minute, I'm not satisfied they've taken the step necessary to make REAL change.

Change won't happen until the guy up top making these decisions is changed.

Ted Phillips needs to be replaced

Let's see what George has to say this afternoon. Hopefully, someone other than George and Ted will make the hirings.

Peace :dabears

Hopefully we won't hear from him today, because he is on a plane to San Fransisco. Not likely, but would be bold of George to try.

Oakland is trying their shot at Harbaugh this morning.

http://fansided.com/2014/12/29/oakland-rai...w-jim-harbaugh/

Great news, and Harbaugh is going to Michigan.

Yea, I know, but he is supposedly meeting with Oakland. I wasn't even one touting the hire Harbaugh flag, but I think it would be a bold move just trying to get him. Of course they won't, but it would show the desire to get it right this time.

Yea, I know, but he is supposedly meeting with Oakland. I wasn't even one touting the hire Harbaugh flag, but I think it would be a bold move just trying to get him. Of course they won't, but it would show the desire to get it right this time.

No it was actually confirmed by Albert Breer.

I like the news so far out of Lake Forrest and it is exciting. Listening to Danimal with Kap & Haugh this morning and Danimal is fired up as well. I agree as well with many that Sweaty Teddy needs to be reassigned to business operations and get a true football person in charge as President & C.E.O. reporting to The Family! Nice start to the off season of such a disastrous season! The Experiment failed and signing that QB without having him prove himself this year was to much to overcome for a so called GM and it should cost Sweaty Teddy his position as figure head. George is showing something so far however, it is far from done!

WB Jason

If you give him a year, you give him 2.

10 million is guaranteed for 2016 in March 12th.

I really hope for a trade, but that can't happen until March 10th.

If they bring in Shanahan (which I'm probably not a fan of but I'd have to think about it more) he could give them a lot of immediate insight into whether he believes Cutler can be salvaged. Hell, ask him the question during interviews and go with whatever he says even if you don't hire him!

If they bring in Shanahan (which I'm probably not a fan of but I'd have to think about it more) he could give them a lot of immediate insight into whether he believes Cutler can be salvaged. Hell, ask him the question during interviews and go with whatever he says even if you don't hire him!

Cutler's played almost 120 games now. He's won half, lost half. When he's won, he's had a 100 QB rating and 3 to 1 TD: INT ratio. That's pretty awesome. In losses, his QB rating is 70.9 with 65 TDs and 90 INTs. That just sucks.

That's too big of a sample size and difference in play to try again. There's just too many things that need fixed, no matter the coach. It's too late to fix too.