Trestman the new OC of the....

'TD'

I think there is some kind of disconnect between Fox and Gase. I'd be surprised to see him brought in.

My guess is Gase probably wants to move on his own. Supposedly their relationship is really strong. I think Gase wants to align himself with the right destination where he thinks he can make an impact and get that HC job he covets. Not sure that Chicago is that destination where you may have a lame duck QB in Cutler. You go to Jacksonville and you have a talented young QB who you can potentially make progress with and have him help land you a gig.

Kubiak replaces Fox

Fox replaces Trestman

Trestman replaces Kubiak

My guess is Gase probably wants to move on his own. Supposedly their relationship is really strong. I think Gase wants to align himself with the right destination where he thinks he can make an impact and get that HC job he covets. Not sure that Chicago is that destination where you may have a lame duck QB in Cutler. You go to Jacksonville and you have a talented young QB who you can potentially make progress with and have him help land you a gig.

Kubiak replaces Fox

Fox replaces Trestman

Trestman replaces Kubiak

It's the circle of life. The Fox take a poo, the poo (trestman) grows the berries (Kubiak), the fox eats the berries.

I for one think with a good OL he'll do fine there. I truly believe the downfall here was once the OL lost stability he dulled down the offense a lot and that shit just didn't work. With Harbaugh controlling the lockeroom he won't have to worry about that aspect either.

Their system will fail in year 2 because he will still refuse to run the ball.

I don't think we actually know that they chose Trestman over Gase. It very well might be that Gase decided he wasn't the right fit their given the growth he wants as a head coach? I don't know the answer and I don't think any of us do. I just know that Gase is widely viewed as a bright offensive mind and he's the type of candidate we'd have rarely even gotten an interview with in the past. Outside of Billy Joe Bob Cooter or whatever his name is, all the other names I've heard sound fantastic.

• 8 months later...