Fantastic Mock

Guest TerraTor

Greene will get cut and you are proposing 3 DT's in a 3-4, all of which were relatively high draft picks and one who had to sign a big contract (Paea). Or are you implying Ego / Paea would be ends? Whose young?

I'm implying beefing up a dline... and stopping the run so the lbers can drop back in coverage... with that d-line many guys can play multiple spots... ego can jump to nose to spell shelton... houston can spell ego , sutton can spell paea... willie young/allen can play olb especially on passing/blitzing situations

Greene will get cut and you are proposing 3 DT's in a 3-4, all of which were relatively high draft picks and one who had to sign a big contract (Paea). Or are you implying Ego / Paea would be ends? Whose young?

3-4 fronts are typically lead by guys who are DTs. Using the4-3 verbiage we're used to you wanna throw your 3 techniques outside and your beefy NT inside. Houston gets talked about on the outside because he's got the size of a 3t. I really like the idea of Houston-Shelton-Ego.

I agree that Greene is a cut candidate.

Also cmon now whose Young? Willie silly.

I vote for the Beliceck philosophy. Trade down, trade down, trade down. Accumulate picks and talent and value the mid-round picks. Don't be a fool and get caught on the sexy top end talents, accumulate picks and you'll be able to maneuver all around the draft.

I'm kinda there with you but man Shelton is so tantalizing to me.

I see a lot of defensive talent in this draft so I'm kinda torn on Shelton vs trade down.

Why not, richard seymour went to pro bowls as a de in a 3-4 and a dt in a 4-3 so why is that unrealistic? Having ego and shelton and paea all out at one time would be hard to run on for sure

3-4 fronts are typically lead by guys who are DTs. Using the4-3 verbiage we're used to you wanna throw your 3 techniques outside and your beefy NT inside. Houston gets talked about on the outside because he's got the size of a 3t. I really like the idea of Houston-Shelton-Ego.

I agree that Greene is a cut candidate.

Also cmon now whose Young? Willie silly.

Lol....ahh good ole willie. I always think of him as an end but agree he'd be more of a fit on the outside LB in the 3-4. Agree the ends are typically bigger but not necessarily your typical tackles. They tend to be heavy but also tend to have longer wing-spans, etc. Houston would seem to fit the mold more than anyone else we have from the end perspective.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000046...s-vince-wilfork

You don't pass on that kind of talent if you are switching to a 3-4...

Agree. I was more referencing to you talking about moving up with the other pick to grab a safety. I don't think you fall in love and move up, outside of a spot here or there and you better have another plan to get other picks. Bottom line, percentages and odds say you are going to bust and miss so the more picks you can scoop up in the early to middle rounds, the better.

Lol....ahh good ole willie. I always think of him as an end but agree he'd be more of a fit on the outside LB in the 3-4. Agree the ends are typically bigger but not necessarily your typical tackles. They tend to be heavy but also tend to have longer wing-spans, etc. Houston would seem to fit the mold more than anyone else we have from the end perspective.

I think fangio would be working with more depth on the dline with ends houston, paea, sutton and ferguson and tackles shelton, feguson and mabe ratliff? than what he had at san fran... the question would be can the lbers take the next step?

Agree. I was more referencing to you talking about moving up with the other pick to grab a safety. I don't think you fall in love and move up, outside of a spot here or there and you better have another plan to get other picks. Bottom line, percentages and odds say you are going to bust and miss so the more picks you can scoop up in the early to middle rounds, the better.

I see where you are coming from but holliman is a true free safety something we haven't had since #30 retired... 14 ints... 2off of the potential #1overall pick... look up his stats... 14 ints last year... and in highschool he had 12 which i believe 5 he returned for tds... shore up the secondary and dline an it may cost 1st, 2nd, and maybe a 4th or 5th depending how far you have to move up... i've seen mocks where holliman falls to the second rd... idk we will see... either way, you can take your 3rd rd pick and trade down and get your extra picks.... we NEED a playmaker at safety and holliman could be it... i like hime more than collins that is for sure...

I see where you are coming from but holliman is a true free safety something we haven't had since #30 retired... 14 ints... 2off of the potential #1overall pick... look up his stats... 14 ints last year... and in highschool he had 12 which i believe 5 he returned for tds... shore up the secondary and dline an it may cost 1st, 2nd, and maybe a 4th or 5th depending how far you have to move up... i've seen mocks where holliman falls to the second rd... idk we will see... either way, you can take your 3rd rd pick and trade down and get your extra picks.... we NEED a playmaker at safety and holliman could be it... i like hime more than collins that is for sure...

I would be fine with Holliman, Derron Smith, Anthony Harris, or Durrell Eskridge. The first three have ballhawking ability and Eskridge is tall and great run support. Smith might have the best leadership and smarts out of the 4. There is a chance we can get one in round 3.

The more i read, the more i am hoping, no praying, we draft danny shelton... mayock has compared him to wilfork and ngata and thinks he's the number 5 overall prospect... weighed in at 343 at senior bowl. All that and he rarely came out even though he was playing in an up tempo pac12... draft him at 7 then find a way to move up to pick the best free safety in the draft gerod holliman... I would love a draft with the first two picks being shelton and holliman!

Those two names wouldn't bother if that came true. I think the most important position in the 3/4 is OLB and if Shane Ray is there I want that to be the pick. If not Shelton would fill the second most important position. I hope some our players sucked because of bad coaching.

I vote for the Beliceck philosophy. Trade down, trade down, trade down. Accumulate picks and talent and value the mid-round picks. Don't be a fool and get caught on the sexy top end talents, accumulate picks and you'll be able to maneuver all around the draft.

BINGO! We need to fix a lot of problems. Trade down, get more picks and draft smartly. The draft is a crap shoot but the more players we can get the better.

Those two names wouldn't bother if that came true. I think the most important position in the 3/4 is OLB and if Shane Ray is there I want that to be the pick. If not Shelton would fill the second most important position. I hope some our players sucked because of bad coaching.

Something I think that is worth mentioning is I've read that it was Marcus Golden that got the double teams for that Mizzu team. You would think that if defenses thought Ray was better than Golden then Ray would be the one getting double teamed. Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but that might tell me that Ray might be a little overrated and Golden who might be available in the 2R could be a little underrated.

Note the word might in that last sentence. Its just something to think about.

Something I think that is worth mentioning is I've read that it was Marcus Golden that got the double teams for that Mizzu team. You would think that if defenses thought Ray was better than Golden then Ray would be the one getting double teamed. Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but that might tell me that Ray might be a little overrated and Golden who might be available in the 2R could be a little underrated.

Note the word might in that last sentence. Its just something to think about.

There is a handful of OLB's I like within our Rd 2 slot.Virginias Eli Harold, Washington's Hau'Oli Kakaha, Nate Orchard Utah, Lorenzo Mauldin Lou, or Trey Flowers Ark. Or we can trade down some in Rd 1for Vic Beasley or Marcus Golden.

Belichick is often trading back because he's picking 25-32 in the 1st Rd. Talent grades from there through mid-2nd Rd usually don't vary much. When you are picking #7 overall you should have a shot at a blue chip player and simply trading back just to get more picks doesn't make sense if it takes you out of the range of the elite players in the draft. The one draft this clearly wasn't true was when we draft Benson and that may have been the worst year ever to have a top 5 pick.

We don't have a single blue chip player, much less a Pro Bowl player, anywhere on our defense so IMO if Pace has Shelton ranked as BPA and he's grading him as a blue chip player then we should draft him. We can figure out the other pieces later. None of this is to say that I think Shelton is or should be our pick. I'm watching his film against Hawaii and he's not that impressive but what he does on this highlight film is pretty good.

Belichick is often trading back because he's picking 25-32 in the 1st Rd. Talent grades from there through mid-2nd Rd usually don't vary much. When you are picking #7 overall you should have a shot at a blue chip player and simply trading back just to get more picks doesn't make sense if it takes you out of the range of the elite players in the draft. The one draft this clearly wasn't true was when we draft Benson and that may have been the worst year ever to have a top 5 pick.

We don't have a single blue chip player, much less a Pro Bowl player, anywhere on our defense so IMO if Pace has Shelton ranked as BPA and he's grading him as a blue chip player then we should draft him. We can figure out the other pieces later. None of this is to say that I think Shelton is or should be our pick. I'm watching his film against Hawaii and he's not that impressive but what he does on this highlight film is pretty good.

Don't forhet the year we traded back with the Jets.... We got Haines and Sexy Rexy...... That worked out well..

There are a few names of top tier talent the Bears could have had...

You know the saying about hindsight

Shit Troy Polumou sp? Could have been drafted at the Haines spot!