• Vic Beasley, Clemson, OLB
    • Dante Fowler Jr, Florida, DE/OLB
    • Landon Collins, Alabama, SS
    • Danny Shelton, Washington, DT
    • DeVante Parker, Louisville, WR
    • Andrus Peat, Stanford, OT
    • Alvin Dupree, Kentucky, DE/OLB
    • Other player

Knocking that list down to 5: Ray, Beasley, Shelton, Scherff, and Peat. Wildcard OT Flowers from Miami gets the "other".

I think Pace and Fox will retool the defense. Pace made sure to sell that in his opening presser to the fans. I have a handful of OTs listed because if Ray goes before #7 and we cannot trade down, we take Shelton or the best OT. If they pass on Shelton, they may see talent and opportunity to get a similiar player in RD2. Carl Davis, Malcom Brown, or Ellis McCarthy are all possibilities.

How I see it:

Rd1 -Shane Ray OLB Mizz

Rd2-Derron Smith FS Fresno St

Rd3-Ellis McCarthy NT UCLA

Rd4-Jake Ryan ILB Mich

I would have to squeegee my computer screen if the Bears got that draft. That would be incredible. Of course, I would prefer an OL pick in the 3rd instead of McCarthy, but itis not a horrible pick.

I like Shane Ray as much as I like Amari Cooper. Ray comes from a school that produces good defensive prospects that get after the QB regularly with Aldon Smith (Fazio) being one of them. IMO with Pace just evaluating players to fit Rob Ryan's scheme to recommend to the GM he has to have some insight into who would best fit that scheme. He also has Fox who will understand the limitations of the salary cap in regards to players' contracts and who might be coachable to a new scheme. Again IMO there are too many players that fit a hybrid 4-3 sheme that would have to be let go in order for a true transition to take place. Lets not forget that when Fox was a Dc he ran a 4-3 and I believe his Carolina D was a base 4-3. This is all semantics since most teams now are rarily in whatever base scheme on the first play of the game contengent on personnel.

I like Shane Ray as much as I like Amari Cooper. Ray comes from a school that produces good defensive prospects that get after the QB regularly with Aldon Smith (Fazio) being one of them. IMO with Pace just evaluating players to fit Rob Ryan's scheme to recommend to the GM he has to have some insight into who would best fit that scheme. He also has Fox who will understand the limitations of the salary cap in regards to players' contracts and who might be coachable to a new scheme. Again IMO there are too many players that fit a hybrid 4-3 sheme that would have to be let go in order for a true transition to take place. Lets not forget that when Fox was a Dc he ran a 4-3 and I believe his Carolina D was a base 4-3. This is all semantics since most teams now are rarily in whatever base scheme on the first play of the game contengent on personnel.

I don't think they will do a pure 3-4 with the roster limitations the Bears have. I see more of a transition year this first year where we might see both fronts. Two of the main clogs are Jared Allen and Will Sutton. To know what we know now, wouldn't it been nice to have taken Trae Turner OG Carolina over Sutton and had Allens money spent elsewhere.

I would have to squeegee my computer screen if the Bears got that draft. That would be incredible. Of course, I would prefer an OL pick in the 3rd instead of McCarthy, but itis not a horrible pick.

I seen one on either Walter or Drafttek that had these guys available:

1-Shane Ray OLB

2-Malcom Brown DT

3-Derron Smith FS

A start with those 3 and I would implode.

I don't think they will do a pure 3-4 with the roster limitations the Bears have. I see more of a transition year this first year where we might see both fronts. Two of the main clogs are Jared Allen and Will Sutton. To know what we know now, wouldn't it been nice to have taken Trae Turner OG Carolina over Sutton and had Allens money spent elsewhere.

At the time the Bears signed Allen to basically replace Julius Peppers we all seemed to like and the fact that Sutton was drafted where he was drafted had me happy with the pick but, hindsight is always 20-20.

At the time the Bears signed Allen to basically replace Julius Peppers we all seemed to like and the fact that Sutton was drafted where he was drafted had me happy with the pick but, hindsight is always 20-20.

He is going to take the BPA so we will get a stud, could be one of several. From what I am reading there is 11-12 plums in the draft and then it has a drop off.

If Shelton or some other beast is not there at 7 then I would not mind a couple of trade downs for more picks:

Like this http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/premium/draft.php?d=trkmcu

ALL PICKS

1: R1P1

VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT

27 - R1P27

DE ALVIN DUPREE

KENTUCKY

39 - R2P7

CB MARCUS PETERS

WASHINGTON

47 - R2P15

S CODY PREWITT